Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

small jaw crusher

5 posters

Go down

small jaw crusher Empty small jaw crusher

Post  rough_nugget Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 pm

Just got hold of a 3 phase power jaw crusher should be better than a dolly Very Happy [img]small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1250[/img]small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1242

rough_nugget
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

small jaw crusher Empty Re: small jaw crusher

Post  Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 pm

The idea sounds great. So which part is doing the crushing? Is it the wavy bits of metal that keep a constant sized gap at the bottom while the top part of the wave hammers in and out? Any chance of some pics while its in action.

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:52 am

Hi Rough Nugget
That's a pretty serious bit of kit, can you give us a run down on your plans with it? do you have a deposit that you are working? the source ??????????
This might get us all a bit keen.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:22 am

Decades ago I did a fitting and turning apprenticeship at Vickers Ruwolt in Burnley, Vic,, where we used to make crushers like the one shown in the link, amongst other things.

http://museumvictoria.com.au/collections/itemimages/049/942/49942_medium.jpg

All this knowledge has been lost from our manufacturing industry Sad

Phil

Back to top Go down

small jaw crusher Empty Re- small jaw crusher

Post  Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi Rough-nugget nice bit of hardware you got there be able to crush some big species with that, have fun mate be watching to see how you go. Very Happy

Cheers

Mike cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Just Googled how that type of crusher works, boy did I get that wrong! Not to sure if it will produce the fines that your after, will be interesting to see how it performs.

Back to top Go down

Post  rough_nugget Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Yeah chris ill definatly try to upload a video of it in action as soon as i get some time , im busting to see how she go's! the jaw plate is ajustable but im keeping the opening as small as possible 3mm is minimum to try get the rock as fine as i can have put through a couple of quarts samples and the rock just seems to shatter and ends up pretty fine but have not done more than just 2-3 rocks so will be good to see how a bigger load go's through might have to run some through twice ya think?? she runs at 1420 r/min an can put through 60-500kg/hr so see how we go!

Lee im in the process of making a small shaker table and thought of crushing devices so this is what i ended up with , just planning to run some 20kg samples through to get some gradings here an there should do the trick , wish i could tell you i was on ta something but still dont have anything to write home about yet got to finish the table first Wink hopefully if i do ill need one of those crushers phil used to make, see the size of that thing?? Laughing

Cheers
Pete

rough_nugget
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Pete, hope it all works out well. Cause of the angles of the dangles, is the lid strong enough? Your 3mm gap, the drive crush plate is obviously bolted on, any reason why you cant shim it out to reduce the gap to about 20 thou. Hopefully I'm talking through my butt, and your crusher performs perfectly.

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  rough_nugget Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 am

thats is a good idea to shimn shim it out to half a mm if the ore aint fine enough should not be to hard i think ! how fine should the ore be?? just gotta make sure there is no contact between the plates so it dont shatter them i guess .

Pete

rough_nugget
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi Pete. How fine, will depend on how course the gold is? If there's evidence that the gold could be in specie form, then 3mm would be to close! No
If the gold is fine like I keep blabbing on about, then it will need to be crushed down to nothing to free the gold!

A time consuming but good idea would be to spread out each run of rocks, then run your detector over them, only hand dolly the rocks which give a signal!
If there is any nuggets, the time spent will have been well worth it. Very Happy

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  flying kiwi Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:30 pm

have never used a jaw crusher that small but looks the same as the big boys,
if you "choke feed" a jaw it will crush a bit finner, by that i mean put lots throgh at once so you get rock on rock crushing action if you know what i mean.
I dont think you will get all the material fine enough without secondry processing eg hammer / ball mill. depending on how much throw the jaw has it may clog up if you close it up to much or the feed is to wet.

cool Cool
flying kiwi
flying kiwi
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2011-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:12 pm

the jaw crusher will get the material down there but I am sure u will need a good cone crusher which will be your next plan of attack to turn it into a very fine medium-dust.

regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  rough_nugget Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Cheers fellas thanks for the advice all good points! got me thinking scratch little hammer mill maybe ??

Pete

rough_nugget
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:23 pm

I still maintain 3 small jaw crushers at work. The grooved plates will only crush down to about 6 mm. If you reverse the crushing plates, that is turn them upside down, you should be able to crush a lot finer. It depend on the condition of the plates but most are designed to work both ways. The other end of the plates should have no grooves on them. Adjustment should be by shims or a tapered block. Check by hand before turning the motor on. We have 3 cone crushers and a roll mill. Then pulverisers for sample work. Small ball mills and rod mills, it all depends how fine you want to go.
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Making a shaker table is not so easy as it sounds, if you are talking about a Wifley Table. The action is to pull it back faster on the return stroke, to separate the material. I did start building a Wifley table and made that part, I don't think I will ever finish it, so it could be for sale. I also made the table.
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Umm Pete. No linky linky for the picky wicky's! I was going to say it in the old get smart way, but someone beat me to it Sad

How can people completely remove a post???? Rolling Eyes This sucks!

Back to top Go down

Post  rough_nugget Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Yeah i Agree Mike ! The action will be the hardest part but still hanging out ta have a go ! iv got a couple of photos at the stage iv got the table still got to put a few 2 pack coats on it to water proof it (should always use marine ply but could not get any at the time) and plumb it up etc...

Got the idea off youtube , an american guy made a prototype and worked really well . I had no measurements to go off so just winged it , dont know if it will work the way i want it to when iv finished but its been fun Smile ...anyone wanna throw in ideas or info go for it!? im no expert!!

small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1078
small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1080
small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1084
small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1087
small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1097
small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1112
Will put small ribbed rubber in the middle

small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1111
small jaw crusher Iphonphotos1114

-Pete

rough_nugget
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rough_nugget Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Post worked this time Laughing

rough_nugget
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Thank's Pete Sad
Your table looks pretty flash Very Happy From my understanding these tables need an automatic feed system so there's a constant amount of classified material working down the table at all times?
Any variation renders them Question

All the same Good luck.

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:03 pm

At work we use a vibrating feeder for dry material , that can be adjusted. We also have a 20 lt. tank , with a stirrer, to feed wet material. The more sample that you have to put over a table , the better the result. I did build a vibrating feeder for myself. I used an engraving hand piece. I did test it but never used it in practice. I have some photos and for X number of dollars, plus postage, I will sell it. Make an offer, too good to refuse !!!
I will try and get a photo of our Wifley table in operation at work.
Make sure there is a flow of water all over the table, a little more to the dis charge end.
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:48 pm

The way I see these tables working is rather like a sluice box with standard riffles????
If you were to only put 1 cupful of cons in your sluice box, they would all stop at the first riffle because there's no more heavy material being sent down to displace the lighter material from the first cupful! So, as for a wilfley table, your 1 cupful will get to the first riffle, and because that riffle is set to dump, "unlike a sluice"! Your cupful of heavy's will be dumped without separation!

Makes sense to me anyway.

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  rough_nugget Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:03 pm

No worries mike will keep your offer in mind when i get to that part of the project would come in handy... helpful info from you and Chris cheers fellas !

Pete

rough_nugget
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  silko Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:08 am

Why shaker table must have three levels?

silko
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:58 am

I have only seen them with one level. It must be a new " idea ". I have Wilfley Concentrating Table Bulletin no. 465. Pm me for some scans.

I have now sold my table, motion and dry feeder. The early bird catches the worm.....
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Admin., it would be good if these photos of the table were moved some where else, not under jaw crusher. If you do a search for "tables " it will not pick it up as it is under Jaw Crusher. Had to wake up my few remaining brain cells to find them ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down