Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coil upgrade

2 posters

Go down

Coil upgrade Empty Coil upgrade

Post  gazzaminer Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:51 am

I know this has probably been discussed thousands of times but just haven't had a chance to read thro the forum much lately or have a chance during the day because of work. But anyway just wanting to know out of peoples experiences wat is a good upgrade coil from the standard 4500 one that will boost my chance of finding some decent colour I know everyone probably has there personal preferences but just something that's a better upgrade I dunno if I should go bigger or smaller? Etc
Thx fellas sorry if uz have to repeat urselfs again as that I can quickly look on this post for a answer lol thx again hope to get some good info
Cheers Gary
gazzaminer
gazzaminer
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-01-04

Back to top Go down

Coil upgrade Empty Re: Coil upgrade

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:12 am

hey mate, i'm running a 14" N/F round on my 45 and i love it as it goes deep and still picks up the small ones as well.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  gazzaminer Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:19 am

Awsome yeah I noticed u had a differnt one in your videos, wat sorta pricing r they at to buy? Did u also have to foof around with the settings more to accommodate for the upgraded coil? As I'm still sometimes playing around with the settings and seeing wat works best

Cheers Gary
gazzaminer
gazzaminer
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 am

G'day Gary

I take it that you are talking about the standard 11" DD coil that comes with the 4500.

Well in my view it would be a big advantage for you to get the Minelab Commander 11" mono, these are a brilliant coil and suit the machine prefectly.

Other than that the Nuggetfinder range of mono coils are an excellent choice.

You just need to remember to use the smaller coils for shallower ground and harder to get to places and bigger coils in the deeper ground and more open spaces.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:00 am

davsgold is spot on with the 11" commander coil they are great on the 45s. i have left the settings the same as i didn't need to play around with them. the reason i have gone the 14" is to go that bit deeper than the 11" as i was checking to see what the 11" missed and to cover that little bit more ground. i think they are $380 new i have the 18" N/F coil as well and is great on the 45.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  gazzaminer Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:13 am

Yeah mine has just got the standard 11" DD is the commander coil a mono??
gazzaminer
gazzaminer
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:45 am

yeah they are a mono and you can get the dds as well...the gpx detectors are made for the monos, i hope you get what your after and do well with it.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  gazzaminer Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks heaps guys, well this info has just narrowed down to wat is best to get ill just have to decide and hopefully get wats best to suit me.
Thanks again hopefully I have some luck this weekend after last weekend lol

Gary.
gazzaminer
gazzaminer
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 am

I haven't used it but how about the new Blitz coil 14"x9".I've used the NFA 14"x9" quite a lot and can only praise it as being a brilliant allround coil.Maybe I got lucky on this one but it runs quiet under the worst conditions I,ve put it through.JP says the Blitz handles the damp clay well which would be a bonus.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:12 pm

the round coils will go that bit deeper than the elip coils, but the elip coils are better for pin pointing and getting under the shrubs and that. it comes down to what you like to use and feel better using with what grounds your going to be working.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  gazzaminer Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:00 pm

I went down to miners den today to gave a look at a few coils, and quite interested in the n/f 12" round that's same as a 14" just smaller obviously?
gazzaminer
gazzaminer
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:59 pm

won't go down as deep as the 14" that's all
cheers
stoppsy