Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Track Button repair

Go down

Quick Track Button repair Empty Quick Track Button repair

Post  Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 pm

G’day All,

I had the unfortunate experience of knocking the Green Quick Track Button off my 4500. I tried to super glue the little bugger back on but only managed to glue my fingers together - after that it all went belly up

Now I was detecting the next day so the only option was to purchase a replacement and as we all know - an expensive option >>> $125.00 Hmmmmmmmm.

In reality this switch should be supply separately me thinks or at least as an option much rather than a complete Handle/Switch assembly..

Minelab have modified the 5000 Switch by raising the shroud over the Quick track Button so offering more protection - Good move

Now the actual switch assembly is a small device encased in rubber with the Smart Point cable all in one. This then in turn is pushed into the plastic handle.

It’s only a basic push button - Momentary switch >> Ta davsgold for the correct term Very Happy

I decided to have a go at replacing the Minelab switch with an off the shelf type.

Would make for a nice spare… Works a treat

Should have done a step by step - Maybe I will do that

Here is the result…

Quick Track Button repair IMG_3443

Quick Track Button repair IMG_3442

Quick Track Button repair IMG_3496

Last edited by ARARAT on Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Quick Track Button repair Empty Re: Quick Track Button repair

Post  Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Good job Ararat, you can also get a momentary switch that looks just the same as the one you have there. A momentary switch will work just like the original green button, it is only on while yuo hold it down, rather than the On/Off type.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 pm

davsgold wrote:Good job Ararat, you can also get a momentary switch that looks just the same as the one you have there. A momentary switch will work just like the original green button, it is only on while yuo hold it down, rather than the On/Off type.

cheers dave

Hi David its a Momentary switch as you have described Didn't know the correct term. I will edit my Post to show this..

Thanks
Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:04 pm

If your tracking button fails in the field,no need to throw in the towel.
As long as your detector has a tracking and fixed switch on the front panel;just unplug the tracking lead and do it manually.

Back to top Go down