Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

next generation detectors

4 posters

Go down

next generation detectors Empty next generation detectors

Post  Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:58 am

Hi all,
I read with a smile of people worried about when the next detector will b released.
If I was in the market for a new detector then I would still buy a 5000.
The real cost difference will only be a few grams of gold in reality.

The next generation of technology should really come from further advanment in the development of the carbon fibre coils, not only
in their weight but the penetration sphere that they can produce.

I personally think that you should take into consideration the AIR test response based on a 3gram piece that will produce an audible signal
at say 900mm...now thats what detecting is all about.

Really most of the gold we find today in new country is within 6" of the ground surface.

A couple of mates found a nice 5oz sun baker to kick the new year off. any detector would have picked that up..

If u have a 4500 then u might want to wait, but if u r finding color cant see your problem.

We should bring in a policy that anything under a gram should be put back so it can keep growing.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

next generation detectors Empty Re: next generation detectors

Post  granite2 Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:34 pm

A funny thing about Carbon Fibre coils, we have been told not to use black tape to secure our skid plates because it may contain carbon based colouring. This will affect the EMF and possibly distort the field.

Carbon is conductive so it should affect the electro magnetic field in some way. This is a pity as lighter coils are great for us old farts who cannot swing things the way we used to. Wink

As for carbon fibre coils going deeper and having more sensitivity??? Suspect

But you are right about trading up. If you always trade up when a new model comes out the price of the trade up is only an ounce or two of gold. Why wouldn't you trade up and get more gold. Very Happy

A bloke I know traded up his GP3000 for a 5000 last Saturday at Coiltek Gold Centre and his trade up cost was very good, under 1.7 oz of gold. Laughing

Cheers, Jim
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:44 pm

Like I said on anther thread, we DO need GPX-5000 technology installed into a lighter-weight smaller more compact E-Trac/Safari housing. With a self-contained built-in Li-Ion battery-booster and external speaker.

And have the coil connection right at the coil to make it much better to change coils being quicker and easier.

Last edited by Beer Beeper on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:02 pm

COIL CONNECTION AT THE COIL --NOW THAT WOULD BE A CHALLENGE--plastic pins maybe--
Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:05 pm

oneday69 wrote:Hi all,
I read with a smile of people worried about when the next detector will b released.
If I was in the market for a new detector then I would still buy a 5000.
The real cost difference will only be a few grams of gold in reality.

The next generation of technology should really come from further advanment in the development of the carbon fibre coils, not only
in their weight but the penetration sphere that they can produce.

I personally think that you should take into consideration the AIR test response based on a 3gram piece that will produce an audible signal
at say 900mm...now thats what detecting is all about.

Really most of the gold we find today in new country is within 6" of the ground surface.

A couple of mates found a nice 5oz sun baker to kick the new year off. any detector would have picked that up..

If u have a 4500 then u might want to wait, but if u r finding color cant see your problem.

We should bring in a policy that anything under a gram should be put back so it can keep growing.

Regards
Oneday69

Gday

The only advantage of using carbon fibre would be a "weight advantage" the medium from which coils are currently made has no effect on the performance of the coil whatsoever, its the quality of the components, ie wire used in the windings, shielding, cabling to the control box, quality of the connections, and also the care taken when the coil is constructed that will make one coil out perform another.

Air tests prove little as nuggets dont live in the open air, they live in many different types and conditions of mineralised soils, its the ability of the electronics to filter out all the other stuff that will dictate whether you can percieve the signal response or not hear it at all.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:27 pm

wonder what machine that chopper was using with a coil dangling 30m below him when he flew over yesterday?
Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  All-AU Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:25 am

oneday69 wrote:wonder what machine that chopper was using with a coil dangling 30m below him when he flew over yesterday?
Regards
Oneday69

The system is called VTEM (versatile time-domain electromagnetic) and keeps an genersal operation frequency of 30hz, ground penetration about 90m, it works up to 700m ground distance.
http://geotech.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2&Itemid=53

Quote:
Geotech uses a complicated waveform which has been optimized to use as much of the helicopter’s spare electrical power as possible. Depending on the requirement of the survey, the pulse width can be modified – i.e lengthened, or shortened, or simplified. For a known transmitter – receiver geometry, the dB/dt seen in the receiver is proportional to the current in the transmitter. The current waveform in the transmitter is obtained by integrating the dB/dt receiver coil response and then scaling to the maximum current.

The Case studies can give you a better insight on the technology used and objects target.
http://geotech.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=28&Itemid=117

In flight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZknnOC1124&feature=related

I roughly figure one hr airborne survey time would equal near to the expense of 1 new GPX5000.

Cheers
ALL-AU
All-AU
All-AU
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:19 am

All-AU wrote:
oneday69 wrote:wonder what machine that chopper was using with a coil dangling 30m below him when he flew over yesterday?
Regards
Oneday69

The system is called VTEM (versatile time-domain electromagnetic) and keeps an genersal operation frequency of 30hz, ground penetration about 90m, it works up to 700m ground distance.
http://geotech.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2&Itemid=53

Quote:
Geotech uses a complicated waveform which has been optimized to use as much of the helicopter’s spare electrical power as possible. Depending on the requirement of the survey, the pulse width can be modified – i.e lengthened, or shortened, or simplified. For a known transmitter – receiver geometry, the dB/dt seen in the receiver is proportional to the current in the transmitter. The current waveform in the transmitter is obtained by integrating the dB/dt receiver coil response and then scaling to the maximum current.

The Case studies can give you a better insight on the technology used and objects target.
http://geotech.ca/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=28&Itemid=117

In flight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZknnOC1124&feature=related

I roughly figure one hr airborne survey time would equal near to the expense of 1 new GPX5000.

Cheers
ALL-AU
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ohhhh, time to dig up my stuff!?!? big brudder is looking over us. Razz i bet it is VERY SELECTIVE, if you know what i mean. $$$$. friends in HIGH places. bom
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-10-15

Back to top Go down