Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Google Earth--very slow to open

2 posters

Go down

Google Earth--very slow to open Empty Google Earth--very slow to open

Post  Guest Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:28 am

Gday

Has anybody had this issue with google earth before?

When I try to open up google earth it gets as far as the globe coming up on the screen then just sits like that for ages, it wont seem to go any further, its really really slow, so in the end I give it away and then it takes ages to get it to shut down, really annoying and totally useless.

I had tried everthing even deleting all the google earth links etc and re downloading it again, thinking that the files might have been corrupted somehow, but still its the same.

Any ideas

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Google Earth--very slow to open Empty Re: Google Earth--very slow to open

Post  All-AU Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:51 am

Gday stayyerAU,

Generally no, since I have a tengraph overlay on it I experience a 20 sec -30 sec delay, once you zoom in the flow is getting better, its lots of data.

But if you have delete all links and even re-installed the Google earth; slow data transfer from the server is the only thing I could think off. If there is a huge traffic occurrence the data transfer slows considerably down.
You may also look into externalize excess data from the hard disc to an external hard drive. But this really should not matter, one thing more, it could be possible your graphic card is getting slow and need to be updated respectively the driver. Google earth is not a light weight and they continually upgrade their system.

Any other, wait for some days, this is what I have done in a similar case, it came back all right so I relaid the extreme delay to traffic overload.

All-AU
All-AU
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Google Earth--very slow to open Empty Re: Google Earth--very slow to open

Post  toadskin Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:29 am

The opening speed of Google Earth on my computer seems dependant on how many overlays and how many waypoints I have selected. If I deselect them prior to closing, it opens quicker the next time.

Neil
toadskin
toadskin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum