Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Coil for GPX4500

Go down

Second Coil for GPX4500 Empty Second Coil for GPX4500

Post  AuTitch Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:39 am

I'm looking to purchase a second coil for my GPX4500. I currently run a NF 12" elliptical coil and I was looking for a second coil so I can reach those deeper targets. Intended use around old diggings mullock heaps and gullies around the Victorian Goldfields Any suggestions on size, shape and type?

Thanks

AuTitch
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Second Coil for GPX4500 Empty Re: Second Coil for GPX4500

Post  Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:14 am

Gday

The new nuggetfinder advantage coils seem to work well on the 4500, seings that you have a 12" eliptical coil allready then a round 16" nuggetfinder advantage mono coil, would probably be the next logical step, as you know the round coils give a little more depth than the eliptical coils.

Another coil that I favour for the sort of use you describe is the minelab 11" commander mono, its actually a step down in size, but if you want a deep punching and quiet coil they are excellent on the 4500, a recently tested coil that I like a lot as well is the nuggetfinder 14" eliptical advantage mono coil, excellent sensitivity to small pieces and very capable for depth on medium to largish bits too.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Second Coil for GPX4500 Empty Re: Second Coil for GPX4500

Post  AuTitch Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:20 pm

StayyerAU

Thanks for your feedback. The 16” mono is probably going to be my next coil. Hopefully there is a bit of overlap with the 12” NF elliptical and as such I can pick the smaller shallower pieces and the deeper bits too. Now I just got to get this mallow sound down pat!

Thanks

AuTitch

AuTitch
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down