Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garrett AT pro/AT gold

+4
Aussiedetecting
starry
kon61
Chimpy
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Garrett AT pro/AT gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Garrett AT pro/AT gold

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:51 am

It's no secret. I just can't go into the exact component details. As I mentioned, ALL Garrett detectors that are sold through Phil & his dealers will be repaired in Australia. Phil is the authorized repair agent. The 6 week turn around is an extreme example only.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:15 pm

For crying out loud! You blokes have got to be kidding! Either that or you are working for Minelab Shocked
It has been CLEARLY stated many times on several forums that the A T Gold has been tested in Aussie ground and has been adjusted in such a way as to enable the machine to operate with much better ground balance and stability. Phil determined these alterations.
The detector is the same in appearance as the original A T gold when first released in the States. The alterations are not visable. If you want to find out which exact changes have been made?? Well it aint gunna happen; It is the old NEED TO KNOW FACTOR and those with a genuine need to know are determined by the manufacturer. Sufice to say that the detector is rapidly gatering a very strong reputation as an very good gold dedicated detector as well as being an excellent coin, jewelery and relic machine (not salt beach work). The A T Pro & International is for that purpose along with coin,jewelery and relic detecting in most ground conditions.

All garrett detectors purchased from the Gold mining centre and its directly related distributors are covered by a full Aussie warranty and are repaired by Phil here in Australia; Very rarely will Phil return a detector to the States for repair.

If you are having probs with emails to the GMC then for crying out loud! give the man a phone call on
0883967455 Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri , Sat Wk hours before you crack up with derogetory remarks on the forums.

Jeeeeez Laaa bloody weeeeze n Flaming Heck etc.
Do you blokes carry on like this when ML slip in a few changes or up grades to their machines??? Un flaming believable Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:21 pm

Here, here. Well said.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Adrian ss wrote:For crying out loud! You blokes have got to be kidding! Either that or you are working for Minelab Shocked
It has been CLEARLY stated many times on several forums that the A T Gold has been tested in Aussie ground and has been adjusted in such a way as to enable the machine to operate with much better ground balance and stability. Phil determined these alterations.
The detector is the same in appearance as the original A T gold when first released in the States. The alterations are not visable. If you want to find out which exact changes have been made?? Well it aint gunna happen; It is the old NEED TO KNOW FACTOR and those with a genuine need to know are determined by the manufacturer. Sufice to say that the detector is rapidly gatering a very strong reputation as an very good gold dedicated detector as well as being an excellent coin, jewelery and relic machine (not salt beach work). The A T Pro & International is for that purpose along with coin,jewelery and relic detecting in most ground conditions.

All garrett detectors purchased from the Gold mining centre and its directly related distributors are covered by a full Aussie warranty and are repaired by Phil here in Australia; Very rarely will Phil return a detector to the States for repair.

If you are having probs with emails to the GMC then for crying out loud! give the man a phone call on
0883967455 Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri , Sat Wk hours before you crack up with derogetory remarks on the forums.

Do you blokes carry on like this when ML slip in a few changes or up grades to their machines??? Un flaming believable Shocked
-----------------------------------------------------------
@Adrian ss also wrote...It is all old news now.If you don't buy any of it, then To find out the good guts of the entire situation , talk to Phil at the GMC.
================================
How can it be all old news when you made this comment,before its actuall release Shocked Shocked
Shocked Shocked lol! lol! affraid affraid
It might be time to have a lie-down and a little nap::
1; We live in the electronic age now and most businesses and individuals prefer to use this technology.And i for one will not just go to my public phone box and spend $30 + on an interstate std phone call just to be sold the SIZZLE and not be given the proper information........
2; It shows,that you may be living a little too close to parliament house and it shows its rubbing off on you........it also sounds like there may be a parrott around somewhere.....
you both have convinced me the product isnt worth the politics its based on.............
3; So it was tested in phils back yard your saying......... Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
4; I personaly have always found it best to do a little study before deciding which product is best for me,and im sure im not the only person who does such......................... confused confused
anyway i dont have time for all of this its going nowhere:::::
gggggggggeeeeeeeeee oooooohhhhhhhh mmmmyyyyyyyyyyy jo ollllllllllly go o oo olly gosh........................ lol! Sleep Sleep Sleep
Sleep Sleep Sleep ............THANKS BUT NO THANKS...............NOT NOW NOT EVER......after that carry-on... Sleep Sleep
cheers................Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Hey you asked the questions & you got the answers. If it hasn't helped you make an informed choice as part of your research, then so be it. No ones twisting your arm to buy it, that's up to you.
It wouldn't hurt to make a phone call as part of that research & as other members of this forum will tell you, I don't bite, neither does Phil.
Oh well you've made your choice.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:57 pm

I did ask questions and i did get ( some answers ) was never denied by me........
just one last question if i may..
The discount you offer to members::
anyway since i joined your club (membership) on your site and forum etc,can i ask what discount i get as a member .....because i will need some things soon....garrett pinpointer some pans and bits and pieces......
cheers man...............Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Send me a Pm & I'll answer it when I get back. Off to find a lost gold sov with the AT GOLD!
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Good luck with the hunt....PM sent....
cheers...............Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:34 pm

GREENnuggetCONVERT wrote:
Adrian ss wrote:For crying out loud! You blokes have got to be kidding! Either that or you are working for Minelab Shocked
The detector is the same in appearance as the original A T gold when first released in the States. The alterations are not visable. If you want to find out which exact changes have been made?? Well it aint gunna happen; It is the old NEED TO KNOW FACTOR and those with a genuine need to know are determined by the manufacturer. Sufice to say that the detector is rapidly gathering a very strong reputation as an very good gold dedicated detector as well as being an excellent coin, jewelery and relic machine (not salt beach work). The A T Pro & International is for that purpose along with coin,jewelery and relic detecting in most ground conditions.

-----------------------------------------------------------
@Adrian ss also wrote...It is all old news now.If you don't buy any of it, then To find out the good guts of the entire situation , talk to Phil at the GMC.
How can it be all old news when you made this comment,before its actuall release Shocked Shocked
Shocked Shocked lol! lol! affraid affraid
It might be time to have a lie-down and a little nap::
1; We live in the electronic age now and most businesses and individuals prefer to use this technology.And i for one will not just go to my public phone box and spend $30 + on an interstate std phone call just to be sold the SIZZLE and not be given the proper information........
2; It shows,that you may be living a little too close to parliament house and it shows its rubbing off on you........it also sounds like there may be a parrott around somewhere.....
you both have convinced me the product isnt worth the politics its based on.............
3; So it was tested in phils back yard your saying......... Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
4; I personaly have always found it best to do a little study before deciding which product is best for me,and im sure im not the only person who does such......................... confused confused
anyway i dont have time for all of this its going nowhere:::::
gggggggggeeeeeeeeee oooooohhhhhhhh mmmmyyyyyyyyyyy jo ollllllllllly go o oo olly gosh........................ lol! Sleep Sleep Sleep
Sleep Sleep Sleep ............THANKS BUT NO THANKS...............NOT NOW NOT EVER......after that carry-on... Sleep Sleep

Prior to the release of the A T Gold in Australia and after the release in the States I made some comments regarding the fact that the machine was a bit noisy on high iron mineral ground in America and that being the case it would be likely to be more noisy in Australian goldfield iron mineralisation which is conciderably more concentrated than in most of the USA gold fields.
Early try outs here confirmed this to be correct.
In the mean time other non GMC related garrett distributors here started selling the A T gold as it stood when first released in America.
Other comments from me stated that the detector was good but might not be as good in our fields as in the American ground conditions.

The GMC did not stock the item for sale until it was established that it could be made to operate well in our iron mineralisation and only after this was done did the GMC commence to sell this detector adjusted for Aussie conditions. Prior to this I did not make any comments in any regard to the A T Gold being altered for Australian conditions

The OLD NEWS I am refering to was the fact that all of the questions re the differences between the A T Pro, International and A T Gold have been answered plenty of times and can be read on this and other forums and that bringing these topics to the surface over and over again tells me that a few people are not reading all of the posts, and so I said 'It is old news" Razz Razz Razz Razz Sleep Sleep Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:02 pm

@Adrian ss All is sweet ,i do agree with your very last comment about information already being discussed in different sections but forums in general are very hard to manage in that respect and keep in any real kind of order..I actually have a few ideas that i am planning on submitting to the Management here on ways that this issue may be able to be overcome;i just need to get them down on paper first....i'm actually a newb to the pc world ,was never interested in the pc thing untill 2 years ago.......
Im an Outdoors Bloke ,traveler wanderer explorer cant stand being indoors at all.....anyway have a good one;
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:33 pm

G/day trev,
I do agree that the forum search mode does not always come up with every post or topic re a specific item and you do have to try several different searches to find everything about any one topic or post.
This is fairly common to most forums and does make it difficult trying to find out whether your question has already been asked and answered and I guess that is why most people find it easier to just ask again.

It's a bit like the old saying,
"Those who forget the past or fail to learn from it are doomed to repeat It"
This is why kids are so stupid today, they refuse to listen to their parents and teachers and so they have to rediscover all of the mistakes that their parents learnt from....Although I will admit that some parents today are pretty thick themselves.

So it is with metal detectors, just about every question under the sun as to how they work, why they work or don't work in certain conditions has been asked and answered many times over during the past 80 years. but the information becomes lost and so has to be rediscovered again and more added as technology advances.

many books have been written by many people on the subject that covers all aspects of metal detecting but this is a limited market hobby that waxes and wans and books go out of print, so it is not a simple matter to find printed matter on this topic these days that is up to date with modern detectors.
There are some excellent books written by Charles garrett that if you can find, snap them up because they are loaded with everything you could possibly want to know about metal detecting on land , in the water ,geo surveys, everthing.

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:06 pm

@ Adrian ss...............Well said with all of that,I couldn't have put it any better myself.....
I have a lot of garrett videos from different sources and yes they are informative,and actually well prepared and presented...
I got taught to pan both wet and dry by an old miner many many years ago,i will always be indebted to him even though he passed many years ago now...but with that said you can never really now enough,and it wasn't just a matter of who he was but the most important factor was that he had the skill of being able to (teach) the art of panning,and the history he had to offer which is something that really isn't wide spread in todays world with people and their impatience with each other........................
I have picked up many extra little tips along the way and have gained even more interesting info from the (Garrett Family's) videos..
cheers.................Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:51 am

[quote="GREENnuggetCONVERT"]
goldslugger wrote:
GREENnuggetCONVERT wrote:@aussiedetecting,
thanks for that..i do understand the business secrecy issues totally....thanks for doing your best and your comments.....
I am just going to have to either bombard Phil with another ten emails on monday(because he wont answer the two he has).......and find out some more.I really just need him to say {trev the detector cant be repaired in australia because three main electronic components have been changed on this model for australia and obviously its a garrett company secret and they are not intending on supplying those components to australian authorised repairers)...its just that simple.....or i wont be interested in purchasing.....All is good i'm not unhappy just unsure:
cheers..............Trev....
HI GNC. bounce hhhhooooo haaaaaa. small ol runaround. so it comes done to trust me, all good? 6 weeks turn around? read between the lines of the post of the the answers to your questions, Cool does,nt seem to be very.re-assuring.
we, like many potential customers, need certain FACTS to make an informed decision and a possibly, a subsequent purchase. what i have read from all the garrett dealer posts,here and on other forums, is not inspiring. check other forums too TREV, to try and get a more balanced perspective from actual owner/users. cheers Cool
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Exactly !!!!!!! i have done all of what you have mentioned and more........
I'm actually just speechless about GMC St Agnes (phil);;
I will bombard him with emails on monday but PHIL has no idea on business...
cheers....goldslugger.......................Trev....
NO SALE TO ME>>>> Razz wow trev. big back flip in your later posts. all questions answered? good. so apparently, all garrett at-pro models are ideally suited to the worst aust. soil/mineral conditions? no, i have,nt read/seen that either. the blind leading the blind. buy one, find out for yourself. the public jury/reviews are still far from convinced. consumerism at it,s worst. good luck.
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslugger Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:12 am

Shocked so PHIL, and garrett dealers , the at-pro range is tested in all the worst aust. conditions and guaranteed to perform? yes or no.? of course not, see how you go. bunkum.!
goldslugger
goldslugger
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2011-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:28 pm

So that's where you went to goldslugger / Scratchinaround. So you couldn't get away with the posts that you put up on AMDRH so you will have a go here.
It's this simple, DON'T BUY ONE! If it means that much to you to continue carrying on about after the answers have been put up. If you are after exact specifics on components & circuits, it's not going to happen.

Here's the answers to your questions.....again.
1. Yes the AT Gold has been improved to work in the worst of goldfield conditions
2. Yes the AT Pro has been improved to work in Australian conditions.
2. It was the ground balance the was improved to offer optimal performance.

If that's not good enough then hey, I tried.

Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:09 pm

goldslugger wrote: Shocked so PHIL, and garrett dealers , the at-pro range is tested in all the worst aust. conditions and guaranteed to perform? yes or no.? of course not, see how you go. bunkum.!

Jeeeze Slugger, I think ya iz jus testin us Very Happy

The A T Pro and the A t Gold are two different metal detectors and have totally different ccts, the case and displays are similar but when you understand the difference between an All Metal silent search motion discriminator (A T Pro and Pro International) and an Slow motion All metal VLF machine you would make sense of the display differences between these two detectors. The A T Gold requires slight motion to due to the Auto retune in the normal search mode. The pinpoint function is No Motion
The a T Pro has not been tested in ALL Australian dround conditions but it has been found to operate very well in an very wide range of mineralisation conditions all the way from wet salty sand to very high iron minerals, it is an excellent metal detector. I have little doubt that it would struggle in the most severest iron ground but it has been found to function quite well in the Vic Goldfield conditions and some pretty nasty iron mineralised ground in SA and also I believe up in QLD somewhere.

As stated several times previously, the A T Gold was found (upon first release in the States) to be noisy and a bit chattery in high iron mineral ground here in Australia and was a bit like any VLF detector in hot ground and picking small signals from the ground noise was not easy; After the detector was trialed and adjusted for this ground the targets became far more readily disernable and ground tracking and balance was greatly improved.

It is not possible to test the detector(any detector) in ALL ground conditions but it can be tested and improved for operation in a selection of ground locations that is very reprsentative of of the type of ground that people are most likely to encounter when prospecting.

The only way to find out how the A T Gold performs is to either buy one or hire one for a while.
I recall when the first SDs came onto the market and were very expensive and at first few people believed the hype put out by ML and it was only after someone Bit the bullet and bought one that just how good the detector was became known to be true.......So it is with the A T Gold

Well the A T Gold is not in the same league as the ML PIs but when compared to detectors of the same ilk, it will, I believe, be found to be a very very competitive.

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:08 pm

@GOLDSLUGGER;.............Please explain to me how exactly you have determined that i have done a "backflip" or turnaround....???
I stated nothing of the sort.........if you read the entire posts i have written here...i have asked questions and most of those questions as i said
have been answered{to a level acceptable to me}the answers i was seeking about what mods/enhancements and testing that has been done
have been answered BUT "not in a way or as detailed as i would have liked them to be answered "..so therefore i decided to choose not to purchase an AT Gold for my own reasons as stated...it seems apparent to me that you dont have the abilty to read my comments and questions as i wrote them, it now seems to me that your intentions contained in this thread are not of any real legitimacy and your opinions lack any real content except for stirring the pot..you have the right the same as everybody else to make comment on what interests you etc
but please dont drag me into whatever personal take you have on here and make unvalidated comments because you have not only taken my words out of context but it seems your looking for something or someone to support your side of things,of which i have no interest in at all regarding theAT Gold....""" it has been made clear by me that i am not interested in this particular product now """But as far as other products go in this Brand i will be purchasing those items i need and require...not a detector though........................................
so my opinion is that what you say now is very Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect .....
.............................................................................................................
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
@aussiedetecting...................well said in my opinion............well done............. cheers cheers
i dont frequent other forums except for yours and havnt actually got involved in it like i have done on this forum,as to that being said
i am now better informed on why another person was trying to either get me on there side or something of a similar nature.........
of which doesnt happen with me because i have been objective but silent on others opinions......although 1 may disagree:::
so i say thankyou to you for this enlightenment......
Cheers...................Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:51 pm

It just goes to show how paraphrasing can throw ones opinion out of context Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

As I stated on another forum abiut the same person, it's a shame as it deters others from posting & sharing their thoughts. How is that fair? It also deters prospective members from joining & why would they after reading the carry on? The mods may want to weigh in on this & maybe take a long look at goldsluggers other posts, who would know how many other threads he has hijacked & turned into mind numbing nonsense? Keep it friendly guys. If you don't agree with something offer something structural. If you don't like what you see then pm the person that posted. If you can't offer something positive & structural to a thread then why bother? No For crying out loud it's not Facebook people Laughing
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 pm

OK Fellas, the questions have been asked and answered and points raised.

This is not a witch hunt so lets leave it at that or I will lock the topic

Jeff

Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:07 am

Jefgold wrote:OK Fellas, the questions have been asked and answered and points raised.

This is not a witch hunt so lets leave it at that or I will lock the topic

Jeff

With all due respect Jefgold, but how many topics have to get to this state before the mods take notice? I've been a mod on other forums & I understand that it's near impossible to keep track of all posts in all threads. But something needed to be done about 2 weeks ago.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:25 am

Garrett AT pro/AT gold - Page 2 AT-Gold_800-1

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey that's my detector give it back Ivan
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Aussiedetecting wrote:Hey that's my detector give it back Ivan

Brad Wilson aka willy46, if you think your bullying foul mouthed ill-mannered bombastic attitude is an asset to you.......then think again!

If you by any stretch of illusionary imagination think you can make a legitimate claim on any of my possessions, then go make the claim with the Police............and get yourself a lawyer you'll need one.

This is an open public forum with civil rules...........not a place where you can hide behind PM anonymity or like your phony "All Metal detecting Australia" locked facebook page where only one rule apply..............kneel down or bend over and let Brad Wilson have his way.............or you are out.

Garrett AT pro/AT gold - Page 2 Snap_20121105_10h33m26s_015

You let me join the group with your selfish intentions in mind................. but I didn't play by your rule...................lucky me!

Garrett AT pro/AT gold - Page 2 GutlessPoof_1390

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:44 pm

Is this behaviour going to be allowed by the mods of this forum? Ivanll you will not push me out of another forum.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:13 pm

Don't bring your squabbling from other forums and face book etc here, either of you.

ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2