Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro

3 posters

Go down

out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro Empty out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro

Post  jackhunter Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:27 am

Was out and about trying to find gold, none found today. but did enjoy the new location a lot, least now i digging holes! okay found 2 belt buckles that are large maybe horse buckle and a cool badge 8 inches down. Now you trying google to find out the age on a Australia badge, impossible. But the shafts dated around 1897 going by the book i just read.

out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro DSC04012

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-05-20

http://www.fisheraustralia.com

Back to top Go down

out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro Empty Re: out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:04 am

Jackhunter nice find mate. You may have properly gathered it is an Australian insignia and came of an Army uniform. Being black gives me the idea that it could have been worn from a uniform from WW1 or 2 as those insignias were black, so the enemy could not see them from a far or at night. Could you put up a photo of the buckles as they to could be from an early uniform WW1 or earlier.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro Empty Re: out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:10 am

nice find mate Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:26 am

Always a nice surprise when you find an old relic, A good as buzz as a bit of yella I reckon.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro Empty Re-out-detecting-for-gold-with-garrett-at-pro

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:13 am

Nice finds there Jackhunter, keep at it mate the yellow is sure to come. Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro Empty buckles

Post  jackhunter Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Wombat wrote: Could you put up a photo of the buckles as they to could be from an early uniform WW1 or earlier.
wombat Wink
these found 200 metres? up adjacent hill surround by a few old kero cans and rusty tin cans scattered about the place.
out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro DSC04014
2.5 inches is ones length, other is about 2 inches

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi Jackhammer,

Well presented mate, I really enjoyed watching your DVD.

Thanks for sharing

Peter
Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

out detecting for gold with Garrett at pro Empty videos

Post  jackhunter Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:13 pm

i makes heaps of coin videos, but last 4 trips out to goldfields finding nothing i thought i need to put a video together on this trip so some people can see the terrain i am in, when i find gold then well video maybe my last video am sure i will die doing the happy dance

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down