Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PMAV Video

5 posters

Go down

PMAV Video Empty PMAV Video

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:10 pm

Enjoy.... Smile

Thanks Rita and The PMAV

http://pmav.org.au/

Last edited by ARARAT on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added PMAV Link)

Back to top Go down

PMAV Video Empty Re: PMAV Video

Post  BJay Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Thanks for the video Ararat. cheers cheers
BJay. PMVA member.
BJay
BJay
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Very early on into this video presentation I had a hunch as to what it was trying to portray which was 100% confirmed with the ending. I didn't find it enjoyable at all, but was saddened with the realisation that inevitably those wishing to prospect will be locked out of the forests where they go to enjoy their hobby which bothers or harms no one. Your verbal pleas for empathy and leniency will be met with maniacal roars of laughter from the public servants sitting smugly in their ivory towers whilst quaffing expensive bottles of champagne which you have paid for. You fly the eureka stockade flag in your camp site which is symbolic of violent revolution to win back freedoms and yet you go cap-in-hand begging for leniency from a modern incarnation of the same tyrants.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:11 pm

[quote=. You fly the eureka stockade flag in your camp site which is symbolic of violent revolution to win back freedoms and yet you go cap-in-hand begging for leniency from a modern incarnation of the same tyrants. [/quote]

Harsh words Byteman Twisted Evil

Mate, how do you ever enjoy life without anything getting to you Razz

Old Saying: A fart in a bucket doesnt make a toilet, but stinks the same..

What would your take be on how it should be done byteman ???

Please enlighten us all Shocked

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Hey Byteman I notice that you guys in Qld are loosing a lot of your prospecting area Rolling Eyes But down here in Vic we are getting some of ours sites re-opened and winning or keeping our prospecting rights like now we have a a 10 yr Miners Right. Thanks to the PMAV Very Happy I don't think you even have a Miners Right in Qld any more and I think Qld voted to get rid of it and now look what has happened up there. Evil or Very Mad
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:57 pm

I enjoyed it. Its a positive image for the community. A lot better than 4x4 ers, or dirt bike riders chewing up the scrub and smashing beer bottles.
Great exercise for any age, and helps rural town out financially.
As far as Queensland goes. We have no where to detect, other than private areas such as Glendon camp grounds and private property.
Do the right thing on private property, and you will have enough land to swing over for the next 3 life times.
Today i sluiced and detected a rock pool the owner had dug out to swim in over summer. I didnt want any gold i found, only the chance to see if anything was there.
May i say he was happy, with my etiquette and has teed me up with one neighbour ( 2000 acres) and another (700) acres, His property is approx 1200 acres,
And i have a green light to return to his block to picknick , camp or detect.
These are all properties never been detected, and havent even been panned for 80 or more years..
So by being nice i have gained 3900 acres in one day.... And i am sure by the time i have checked those properties they will recommend me to their friends...
Plenty of lessons for all to learn in that vid.... Backfill, and take your rubbish with you. And anyone else's rubbish you come across..
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Maka

Good work man on getting all that land opened up to you, it just
goes to show that if you aproach the country blokes with the right
attitude they are the most welcoming and agreeable types to meet.

I hope you do well on the new ground mate. Very Happy

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:33 pm

it was a great video and it's good to see faces that you know on it.. thanks for the vid mate
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob.B Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi Maka

Ive driven past so many private property's & thought why ask.

You have just answered it, 3900 acres, MAN, I thought I was a king when I owned 5!
Rob.B
Rob.B
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi Ararat,

Thanks for posting the video, it was informative and encouraging for us in Vic. Not sure what Byteman has been smoking, but each to their own opinion.

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Rob.B wrote:Hi Maka

Ive driven past so many private property's & thought why ask.

You have just answered it, 3900 acres, MAN, I thought I was a king when I owned 5!

Gotta love it. I have also access to more that 4000 out west of Brisbane aswell. Just gotta be polite and honest with the landholders. Bear in mind i have had a few knock backs from strangers from door knocking.
Also 400 acres out Kenilworth way to play on.
I couldnt possibly detect all that in one lifetime.
But if i get a good reputation, maybe the next guy who door knocks where i have been will get a yes answer from the owners if they drop my name.
I am also working on a 1200 acre prime property thats in the middle of the best alluvial Queensland has to offer and from my knowledge has never been detected for atleast 15 years. Hopefully i get granted access not only for myself but other guys who want to come and have a swing.
If i be stupid i could possibly lock up over 7000 acres for future detectorists for a long time..
Drive slowly, dont drive over crops, backfill holes, pick up rubbish. Even check fences, and livestock while your walking around.
Be polite when you leave, shut any gates you open, drop in a carton every now and then.
All common sense stuff, I dont know how guys have ruined it in the past..
Its not that hard to do the right thing...
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:57 pm

Judging by the comments in response to my post thus far, I obviously need to explain myself further as I seem to have conveyed the wrong message.

I didn't dislike the 'actual' video presentation itself, but rather found it easy to watch and in my opinion conveyed a positive argument for the pursuit of hobbyist prospecting. However, I found it glaringly obvious that the underlying motivation for making this video is to try and educate the public, but moreso government bureaucrats that prospectors cause no harm. You don't just make a video like this if all is hunky-dory for the Victorian prospectors and their right to prospect. I can conclude with near certainty that there is trouble on the horizon in regards to access to state forests and/or other restrictions. This realization saddened me as there are several pursuits that I am personally interested in (besides detecting) that are constantly coming under the scrutiny of the bureaucrats whom impose more and more regulations and restrictions. Sure we have a win here and a win there when we lobby against them but ultimately it seems we take two steps backward and one step forward which means little by little our rights and freedoms are diminished. An example of this is to examine the freedoms prospectors had in the 1970's compared to today, and then compare the freedoms they had in the 1970's to what we had in 1890. I don't profess to have a magic-bullet fix for this, though perhaps the services of a constitutional laywer may be helpful. What are our 'Common Law' rights in regards to this? If taking a peacful and lawful route fails then the only option for prospectors is to cease their activities or engage in civil disobedience. It just doesn't seem right.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:06 pm

I've got to agree with you there Byteman this is the reason for the DVD. It is another bullet in the PMAV gun to shoot back at the Greens and Pollies.
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:37 pm

I like the video and have seen it at premiere in Rushworth at PAMV meeting.
Thanks for posting it.

Maka do you take your Council badge when visiting property? Razz
That might open few doors Smile.

Back to top Go down

PMAV Video Empty RE: pmav video

Post  flyspecks Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:40 pm

it just reminds me why i love going out into the bush ...... thanks.
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:26 pm

golden wrote:I like the video and have seen it at premiere in Rushworth at PAMV meeting.
Thanks for posting it.

Maka do you take your Council badge when visiting property? Razz
That might open few doors Smile.

No way i dont want to get shot at. Since the amalgamations in Queensland even more rate payers hate council employees...

I could always use my uniform and tell them i am doing some surveying for drainage issues.. "Sorry sir but we need to dig up your yard, sluice it, and pretend to lay some pipes..."
Although in Brisbane all my contacts on rural properties have come via, my work. if anyone says anything about gold, they point them in my direction.
I think a lot of farmers want me to detect just so they hopefully can strike it rich on their land. They dont have the gear, or knowledge, thats where i fill the void.. If they cut me in i will be happy...
I read heaps on trove, and ask all the old timers about names from 100 years ago whom discovered gold in their area., then the trail starts, and snowballs...
Many names were changed during WW2, to not sound so German. So tracking some people down has been hard.
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down