Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stoppsy's GG&T Article Every One Should Read

+11
monoandnan
nuggetninja69
granite2
maxxAu
bedrock
CJ
stylusmobilus
goldmuss78
gcause
TheH0ward
mariner3800
15 posters

Go down

Stoppsy's GG&T Article Every One Should Read Empty Stoppsy's GG&T Article Every One Should Read

Post  mariner3800 Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:18 pm

Just got home after a very busy day and sat down to read this months ( November ) GG&T only to find a great article by Stoppsy.

I won't give it away as you need to buy your own copy, but well done Stoppsy on sharing your darker moments with the world. I remember this time very well and offering my advise and other things to get you through this very challenging time.

Would love to see more of our forum members start and contribute to this magazine and not have those memories burn out in the back of their minds ( come on,you know who you are!!!!!, share it with the world and it will be a better place )

Glad to see you back, keep the Video's and post coming.

Your Mate
Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Stoppsy's GG&T Article Every One Should Read Empty Re: Stoppsy's GG&T Article Every One Should Read

Post  TheH0ward Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:23 pm

I havent seen it yet, but ive heard about it being published. Congrats Stoppsy mate and well done! What a Face bounce cheers flower
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Stoppsy's GG&T Article Every One Should Read Empty Re: Stoppsy's GG&T Article Every One Should Read

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:24 pm

thanks guys, i have been told by a few members that they liked the story that i put in. TH done a read over it befor i sent it in and changed a few little things (thanks TH) and it did make it a better read. i thought i had missed it as i was getting told about it lol! . thanks again to everyone for helping me out and i'm glad to be a part of this awesome forum... cheers
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Stoppsy mate I'll bring my copy over to Laanecoore on Saturday and I'll get you to Autograph it, one day it may be worth millions Laughing Laughing But all jokes aside mate well done. I haven't read it yet, but if I know you, it will be a good read.
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:25 pm

cheers Stoppsy well done cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Its always great to hear positive news.I am suscribed to the magazine but did not get it yet.
I am sure it will be great read and maybe we can hear some stories around camp fires as well.
Last magazine piston broke this one stoppsy you guys rock cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  gcause Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:00 pm

Congratulations Stoppsy, well done on getting published!!! cheers
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm

thanks heaps guys it feels good to hear good feed back as i wasn't going to do the story but TH had told me i should... again thanks guys
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  goldmuss78 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:29 pm

well done stoppsy, ill have to get the mag and check it out.
cheers
GM

goldmuss78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  stylusmobilus Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Just got the magazine. Looking now...
stylusmobilus
stylusmobilus
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  CJ Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:03 am

Gave that mag. away years ago too much BS. but it sounds like it has a decent article in it for a change, will check it out Cool

CJ
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:40 pm

way to go stoppsy
i haven`t bought a GG&T in years , but i bought it today to read your article.
well done getting into print.
cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  bedrock Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 pm

very encouraging article stoppsy, well done!
bedrock
bedrock
bedrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post  maxxAu Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:25 pm

no stopping stopesy now.
nice won.
max

maxxAu
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:10 am

CJ wrote: Gave that mag. away years ago too much BS. but it sounds like it has a decent article in it for a change, will check it out Cool

Can you expand on the BS statement CJ? were there too much treasure articles and not enough gold ones? too many Adverts? I am genuinely interested in why you gave that Mag away Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:19 am

Well done stoppsy, its not an easy thing to get an article published in any Aussie magazine, except car or fishing mags, anyone can get a story in them. I haven't read your story yet but I do look forward to it.

It is a funny thing that many folk reckon there is too much bullshite in the AG&T. I have been accused many times of making things up, even abused both verbally and in print but I can say this: not once have I strayed from the truth on any article I have written for any of the many magazines I have written for. More to the point, other articles I have read that people reckoned were lies weren't. On many occasion I have been able to vouch as to the truth of a story but even then some people will not listen. Suspect

One bloke reckoned it was impossible to find 100 tiny nuggets in Tibooburra in 10 days and wrote me several letters saying so in no uncertain terms. I don't know what his problem was, maybe he was jealous, as many are. I even get a touch of the green eyed monster from time to time. The bloke who found the 69oz lump at Sandstone where I'd been working was extremely lucky and I wish him all the best - but - at the same time I was very jealous indeed. Embarassed

I only know of one bloke, years ago who, in all the years I have been writing for the AG&T, wrote bullshite and he is well known to all members of this forum but we haven't seen him, or heard of him for some time now but his brother, who co-wrote many of the articles has, I have heard been building coils lately in SA. I hope neither of them bother writing for the AG&T again. Mad

Cheers, Jim cheers
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:34 pm

Murachu wrote:
CJ wrote: Gave that mag. away years ago too much BS. but it sounds like it has a decent article in it for a change, will check it out Cool

Can you expand on the BS statement CJ? were there too much treasure articles and not enough gold ones? too many Adverts? I am genuinely interested in why you gave that Mag away Very Happy

Interesting I would also like to ask the same question to C.J

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:32 pm

G'day stoppsy,

Nice mate - well done.... Very Happy

Congrates and Regards
Ararat Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  nuggetninja69 Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Great article mate.......
I like the magazine but I do find some issues are flooded with gem/treasure articles. I guess theres alot of people that like that stuff. Still worth buying IMO. Cheers Laughing
nuggetninja69
nuggetninja69
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:49 pm

thanks heaps guys i'm glad use liked the story..
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Stoppsy's GG&T Article Every One Should Read Empty GG&T

Post  monoandnan Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:08 am

G/day Stoppsy
Well done mate cheers , its good to see there are a few of us that writes for GG&T

Mono
monoandnan
monoandnan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://goannagoldadventureswa.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  C. Nyal de Kaye Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks for the article Stoppsy. I read it a few days ago and before finding this post.

I was sorry to read the unreasonable criticisms of GG&T in these columns.

Like Granite, I have written a few articles in GG&T and all have been accurate and as honest as I can make them.

It is easy to make the unproven claim that certain unnamed articles are deceitful, but that is unfair to all who write.

Most people are just trying to tell a story and to do so as well as they can.

And to claim "it sounds like (GG&T) has a decent article in it for a change" is to show ignorance of the Magazine, and is insulting to the Editor and to the writers.

Probably it was an unconsidered comment and not really intended to cause harm.

However it is a shame to see such an unfair comment bring disrepute to a good magazine that provides a worthy outlet for all of us who love this hobby.

Stoppsy, and many others, have merely tried to tell their story.

No one questions Stoppsy's integrity, nor should they, but it is not fair to besmirch the integrity of the other author's with such an ill-considered generalisation ?

C. Nyal de Kaye
C. Nyal de Kaye
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dno Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Good write up Stoppsy,
one I'm sure it's one we can all relate to at some time in our life's. Good to read your you got it sorted.

dno
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Stoppsy's GG&T Article Every One Should Read Empty Stoppsy's GG&T Articale Every One Should Read

Post  TWO BOB Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:42 am

Stoppsy, Just got my GG&T and read your article. Well done Very Happy Very Happy And thanks for shareing your thougths with others.Keep on with this great rewarding hobby.
Cheers
"TWO BOB" the Aussieoldcodger
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:55 am

Hi
I liked it
Good one Stoppsy
Entertaning as always
Regards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:58 am

thanks again guys i hope to see other members put in there storys of there finds it would be good..
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:32 pm

Well done Stoppsy,nice effort.
I had to stop reading G,G & T as it gives me night sweats and I tend to start talking in tounges when I look at the pictures of big gold Wink

Back to top Go down