Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ozi explorer and what maps?

Go down

ozi explorer and what maps? Empty ozi explorer and what maps?

Post  detectoraid Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 am

What map set do you members recommend for use with ozi explorer and a garmin GPS?
We are interested in detailed topo's (7.5) for the whole country. And possibly GEO maps.

Thanks,
Chris
detectoraid
detectoraid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

ozi explorer and what maps? Empty Re: ozi explorer and what maps?

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 am

G'day Chris

I don't know what maps are available for Oziexplorer in the USA, but for here in Aus I use 1:250,000 topo 1:100,000 topo 1:50,000 topo 1:25,000 topo and 1:100,000 Geo

These are a couple of examples of maps we use in the Oziexplorer program.

This is the type of map we use for Australia when going to Victoria.
ozi explorer and what maps? MapTopo

This is the type of map we use for Australia when in New South Wales.
ozi explorer and what maps? MapTopo2

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  detectoraid Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 pm

Thanks Dave,
I'm not sure if I even need Ozi Explorer. But I like it and my wife loves to have a look at maps. She has a long history of detecting as she was the owner of Down under treasures and did quite a bit for getting minelab kick started in the USA
But I will need at least a 2 ton truck to haul all the gold off that I find with me new QED (sarcasm).

I feel you pain one day
detectoraid
detectoraid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  detectoraid Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Hmm I hit return and it posted.

I know what you mean one day, I get them damn Californians (and other out of staters) coming over to my gold patches and pillaging daily, plus they buy up all the sausages. I got rid of most of them tho with a bit of help from the weatherman, nothing like freezing temps and high winds to chase them off.

JFYI were will likely spend a minimum of 10 grand for this trip, but were not coming for the gold, (odds are I'll get 1 ounce in a month if lucky) we want adventure!

I can find more gold here just a few miles from home, but the grass is always greener on the other side of the hill.
detectoraid
detectoraid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

ozi explorer and what maps? Empty Re: ozi explorer maps

Post  Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 pm

its all tongue in cheek stuff..If u venture up my way we will head u in the right direction to were the known gold fields r.
If u r looking for adventure then combine both --it can be very worthwhile and rewarding.
Pick the right time of the year to venture out -- bring digital camera and video camera..
Were we r in the Pilbara is completely diferent from those down in the leonora district and those in the Kal meeka areas as well.
With another big wet season forcast this cyclone season u never know whats going to happen.
Good to see u have a sense of humor.

Regards
Oneday69
Ray

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:39 am

Hi there Chris,
The guys I just went out with on a ten day trip used explorer and we were able to pinpoint some nice zones with it. Can't wait to get it up and running. Like your good wife, I'm a bit of a map freak and really loved pouring over the different zones etc. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  detectoraid Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Thank you for the kind offer oneday!

Were coming in May to Perth hiring a bush camper and plan to head north to marble bar. Sorta looking at a tag along for a week.
Lots of research to do still. But thats half the fun.

iluvthebush,
Wilma sends her kind regards and says "you go girl" (that means she likes your style)
detectoraid
detectoraid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down