Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results

4 posters

Go down

Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results Empty Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results

Post  toshtony Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi all fellow gold diggers, went out yesterday to test out my sluice which I converted into a highbanker.The top part is a plant pot and the grill is from an old heater.
Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results 26092012
Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results 26092013
Unfortunately most of the rivers had dried up and I also forgot to take my 20l buckets which I use to recycle the water. So I went to a nearby dam set up my highbanker and went for a dig. 2 buckets later it was starting to get dark so descided to start cleaning up. Took of the top bit and to my surprise a few specks on the rubber mat.
Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results 26092014
Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results 26092015
Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results 26092016
All the gold was found on the rubber mat the blue marine stuff a ball breaker to clean but no gold was found on it at all. Not shore if the angle on the sluice was right, but a that height no water fell out the back and specks were found on the mat.
Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results 27092010
Still a newbie at this so any feedback would be much apreciated critical or positive.
Thanks
Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results 26092017

Last edited by toshtony on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : try to get picture up)
toshtony
toshtony
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results Empty Re: Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results

Post  Brickie Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:59 pm

If you put the [img)...(/img] (with all square brackets) tags around your links the pics will show on the page.

Last edited by Brickie on Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brickie
Brickie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results Empty Re: Sluice converted to highbanker test run with good results

Post  Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:14 pm

well done on the finds toshtony
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustydog Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:02 pm

nice job tony , the only comment i really have is the holes in your pvc could be smaller and more of them.
would work a lot better but all in all you have done a decent job of it
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Looks awsome mate.
I have replaced my grizzly with about 10mm alloy mesh, to classify a bit smaller as i had probs with the bigger rocks blocking my first riffle, and maybe pushing old out.
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  toshtony Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Rustydog wrote:nice job tony , the only comment i really have is the holes in your pvc could be smaller and more of them.
would work a lot better but all in all you have done a decent job of it

Thanks bud. Originally I had the holes smaller, but they kept on getting blocked so I made the holes bigger, it was only once I made the holes bigger that I figured out wrapping a piece of mesh on the pump would solve that problem. Gonna make a pit stop to bunnings tomorrow and get another piece of pvc and re drill the spray bar. Also thinking of replacing the blue marine moss for some rubber matting, it's a pain to clean and most if not all of the gold gets stuck on the first bit of rubber anyway. From what i've seen so far.
toshtony
toshtony
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  toshtony Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Brickie wrote:If you put the [img)...(/img] (with all square brackets) tags around your links the pics will show on the page.

Thanks mate fixed
toshtony
toshtony
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  toshtony Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:49 pm

maka wrote:Looks awsome mate.
I have replaced my grizzly with about 10mm alloy mesh, to classify a bit smaller as i had probs with the bigger rocks blocking my first riffle, and maybe pushing old out.

Thanks to your advise and pics on my previous post on ideas on making a highbanker, that inspired me on making mine.
Thanks mate
toshtony
toshtony
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:15 am

Well done. R/D is right about your spray bars. cheers
cheers

Back to top Go down