Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES- a good vibes story

3 posters

Go down

WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES-  a good vibes story Empty WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES- a good vibes story

Post  kevlorraine2 Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:38 pm

hi all, i would like to tell you all a little bedtime story, so you can dream about it tonight:-

the last week of july i lobbed in clermont for a week, on my way home from a tibboburra trip.(ok trip of two weeks for 40 pieces total 16grams) set up camp at the bottom of the caravan park. a half hour later a fella turns up, camps beside me, we get talking. it turns out he is a french man and wife, (lets call them louis and marie), new to australia, new to detecting, they bought a second hand 4500 over ebay. me, being me, said "ok, how about you come out with me tomorrow".

my initial reward for being caring was, they turned out to be very nice people. nothing on day one, but lots of good vibes getting to know each other.

day two, turned up a few small pieces, i got them to do all the digging for me, and i got the enjoyment of seeing the excitement in them when we pulled the little nuggets out of the ground. (took me down memory lane)

day three they got their first nuggets, best being a 2.5gram beauty down about a foot. they were on their way to getting "gold fever".

day four was my reward day, karma kicked in, i found a 22.4gram sunbaker, 2.5grammer down deep and several sub grammers for a total of about 28grams. my new found friends now knew a lot of the tricks and also found several small pieces.
day five saw me haveing a bludge, and getting over the wine and beers of the night before. i shouted the bar, so to speak (after first checking to see there was only five people there). louis and marie went solo and returned with a few more small bits.

day six, i went solo to a few old haunts where i had been rewarded in previous years to enjoy the memories. with my new 5000 in experiement mode, i found a 8.3grammer at 17 inches. wow. and a 2.5g down 14 inches. unbelieveable. i had a get of 1-1/2ounces for the week. time to head home, and leave my new french friends to clean up big time (never in my wildest dreams would i suspect, they would do just that).

six weeks later, yesterday, they lobbed at my place, and dropped 8-1/2ounces on the table. hell, had they cleaned out all my plots? bugger, nothing left to go back to? NO, they went walkabout in the long grass, and found several new spots where they pulled out a 75grammer, a 53grammer, and a 40grammer sunbaker. a total of about 80 pieces for 8-1/2ounces.

what a success story for newchums at the game. unbelieveable.

so now i have to go back and check out what they left behind at these new spots. i warned them i would not be able to resist doing it, but despite my warning, they gave me the gps co-ords. (surely my ten years experience in the game means i will find some they missed, i hope)

thats KARMA at work folks, it works both ways, that b***ard that stole jeffs detector will get his.
and jeff is getting blown away by the karma coming his way, from the good types responding to his plight.

so there you have it, some more friends for life, and my pleasant dreams of what my friends left behind for me,
i cant wait to get back out there. i will let you know how i get on ... kev

P.S. i have a great pic of the finds, but i have trouble with photobucket, i will ask jeff to help me out

WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES-  a good vibes story Kevs_g10

Last edited by Jefgold on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Picture)

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES-  a good vibes story Empty Re: WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES- a good vibes story

Post  Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi Kev,
What a great story and lot of gold.Cant wait to see pictures as well.
Well if you do good goods gets back to you.Thats what i believe and live by.
It is fascinating to think of that amount of nugget found in short period of time.
Congratulation to them and to you for helping new detectorist.
I am sure they left enough for you to enjoy and WELL DESERVED.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES-  a good vibes story Empty Re: WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES- a good vibes story

Post  Billy Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:36 pm

What a great story cheers To see the looks on their faces would have been pure gold Kev and yep karma is very much alive and well.
Also gives those of us that have found bugger all an added incentive (as if we need it) to never give up because the big one/s could be just around the corner cheers

Great stuff and thanks for sharing.
Billy
Billy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES-  a good vibes story Empty bloody awesome

Post  madmaverick Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Hey there Kev,, awesome story m8 and great finds all round, everyone I talk to rubbishes the amount of gold at Claremont, guess they just don'y look hard enough, you have proved that,,, hope to get up to meet you one day in the not too far distant future,,,, keep up the good work m8

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:03 pm

G'day Kev,

Fantastic story.. Its always interesting hearing stuff like this... The Frenchies will take this back home and tell there friends of that Aussie bloke who showed them how to find that elusive Gold..

Great stuff mate cheers

Nice pic too - Beaut range of nugs >> tiny to big - that new 5000 does work well and well and well Very HappyImpressive

Good luck to you.. I'm sure that old Karma will be on your side also ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Regards
and take care
A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Top post Kev, I bet you had a few sleepless nights over the French's finds, I'm so envious, puts my stack of fly sh@t to shame!
(Location Location Location)
Good onyu man!
Cheers Chris. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:40 pm

an oz is an oz! cheers ill take it as it comes !! Very Happy

WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES-  a good vibes story Eldorado09035

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Murachu wrote:an oz is an oz! cheers ill take it as it comes !! Very Happy

WHO SAYS THEY ARE ALL GONE --8-1/2OUNCES-  a good vibes story Eldorado09035
To true Murachu, but I do miss the part where you would throw a nice chunk of gold up in the air and catch it, repeat process a dozen time in ore over the weight!
It's been to long. Mind you the vile full of gold does give the weight sensation without the feel!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:51 pm

Murachu wrote:an oz is an oz! cheers ill take it as it comes !! Very Happy

Murachu,

Now thats nice mate cheers

A

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:54 pm

G'day kev

Thats a good karma story for sure, nice pic of the gold, and thanks for sharing your enjoyment.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:20 pm

thanks fellas, i am still grinning from ear to ear.

heres the kicker ----

these people are seafarers, a couple of years back they were off the coast of SUDAN, they motored up a inlet that took them miles inland into desert country, where they anchored for a week to regain their land legs.

during that time they noticed all the QUARTZ on the ground in the sands. are you getting the drift?????

i bet they were walking over those big nuggets they have been finding in recent times in sudan.

after they told me this story around the campfire, i had to tell them all about the recent gold rush in the desert country of sudan, and how detectors and coil prices had gone through the roof. they were amazed and of course wondered - if only - they now know it would not be safe to go back there. bummer
... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:04 pm

Kev, stick with these people, they attract gold!!! cheers cheers

P.s. can I borrow em? lol!
Billy
Billy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks for the story Kev, you took your time posting it... By the way, the other two gents are here overnight on their way to Milparinka. Top fellas and dead keen.... Gave them my co-ords just in case you were misleading them... clown

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:37 am

panther, dont you get a buzz out of the entheusism of newchums, full of optumism, a fantastic time in ones life... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:23 am

Yes Kev. Helped them set up their machine with preliminary settings and gave them a little nuggy to keep as a tester but I reckon they should do all right.

P

Back to top Go down