Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member Robbo

4 posters

Go down

New member Robbo Empty New member Robbo

Post  Robbo Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 pm

To James 101
****** Today at 2:34 pm
Hi James
I am going public with this so no one can say I did not try.
I was warned once more by Jeff that this would be the last warning, can't say I blame him, hmmmmmmm.
it is up to you now and I am awaiting your response with anticipation.

This, being my first post, it’s a bloody shame that I feel the need to make comment regarding this post. (since been deleted)
I have been a avid reader of this forum for a number of years now and it’s due to the wealth of knowledge that is feely shared amongst its members. IMHO this is by far the most informative generous and friendly forum that exists today.
I too, am a wet-worker and have been for a number of years now. The knowledge gained from this forum has helped immensely….knowledge that has been FREELY given. In my years, I have met and have developed strong friendships with like-minded people. People who respect one-another, principled and true to their word.
Believe me, it with some guilt that I haven’t joined before now and it’s extremely disappointing that it has taken a post such as the one above to spur me to join on such a negative note.
As I stated above, I have been a ‘lurker’ for some time and have followed member ***** posts. I must point out that of his 20 posts, 17 of them have, in my opinion, been hostile, derogatory, antagonistic, argumentative and down-right negative towards the valued contributions by members James101 and several others.
I applaude James101 and Murachu’s stance of not being ‘sucked’ into a slanging match that it appears ****** wishes to create.
I sincerely hope that James101 does not respond. Why should he? BUT dammit I will!
As far as this business concerning the ***…this is NOT the *** and as far as I’m concerned, leave the bull-**** where it lay! Build a bridge and get over it! Surely, you’re mature enough.
As I’ve been writing this, I notice that the topic has been deleted by Admin…good call. BUT as I’ve devoted 20min of my life to this message, I couldn’t let it go to waste.
Like I said at the start, it’s a shame that I’ve joined this forum on a negative note. I sincerely hope that I may contribute on a more positive note in the future.
Should this topic also be deleted by Admin…so be it! I understand fully and abide by their decision, but I’ll always stand up for what I feel is right and just.
If you’ve just read this, you too have wasted 5min of your life….a damm shame I think you’ll agree!

Last edited by kon61 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : POINT MADE!!!! Trash has been disposed of.)
Robbo
Robbo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

New member Robbo Empty Re: New member Robbo

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:05 pm

I had not seen that post and may I say it is the most gutless piece of character assassination by innuendo I have ever seen -- I will say no more

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Welcome to the group Robbo. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbo Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:24 pm

James 101 wrote:Welcome to the group Robbo. cheers cheers
Thanks mate, about time hey! Rolling Eyes

Keep up the great work digger. cheers
Robbo
Robbo
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:27 pm

You bet mate. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi Robbo

The member who wrote that piece has now been banned from the forum. I do know him personally and have endeavoured to discuss the issue with him.

Unfortunately, whilst he does acknowledge the contribution made by James to this forum and its members, he did have a personal issue which in the end got the better of him. I have also been advised by the AGP management that the member acted on his own and was not sanctioned by them to act in this way, which is contrary to their code of behaviour.

Whilst we appreciate that all members have an opinion, we do draw the line where personal issues are concerned, so we took appropriate action. All members in this situation are given a warning in the first instance and if they persue their line of argument, then inevidently they will be banned as in this case.

Thankyou for your support

Jeff

Last edited by Jefgold on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rustydog Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 pm

welcome Robbo

i must say one would think more of so called admin from sites jumping over here to carry on with utter rubbish and contempt for this site.
maybe these wanna be members should start acting their age and not their shoe size as it is said lead by example and you are not doing that , build a bridge for certain and if you have nothing nice to say on this site except be little good people then dont come here because you aint wanted.
if this means i lose my agp membership wow carefactor 0 i know who the decent people are and thats all that matters.
I will stand with james and Murachu as i highly respect both these people.
Nothing else will be said on this by me , this is just my thoughts and opinion
Rustydog
Rustydog
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Robbo Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Jefgold wrote:Hi Robbo

The member who wrote that piece has now been banned from the forum. I do know him personally and have endeavoured to discuss the issue with him.

Unfortunately, whilst he does acknowledge the contribution made by James to this forum and its members, he did have a personal issue which in the end got the better of him.

Whilst we appreciate that all members have an opinion, we do draw the line where personal issues are concerned, so we took appropriate action. All members in this situation are given a warning in the first instance and if they persue their line of argument, then inevidently they will be banned as in this case.

Thankyou for your support
Jeff

No Jeff......thank you for YOUR support, contribution and good sense in this matter.
I have also followed your actions and comments regarding this member (among others) and I hold your stance and attitude in high regard.
I appreciate that it is not easy to read each and every post, after all, I'm sure you have a life also.
Keep up the great work.
cheers Robbo
Robbo
Robbo
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  AlluvialRic Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi all
I have been extremely hesitant to post anything in regard to this issue, however on behalf of all the Members and Admin of the Alluvial Gold Prospectors Forum, and in defense of some broadly directed comments above we would like to clarify one or two points.

The person who posted the remarks in question is NOT and has not recently been an Admin or Moderator of our group
The person who made the comments acts alone and of their own volition.
The comments made here yesterday are wholly and solely those of the individual who posted them and no one else.

They are not in any way shape or form those of the Admin, Moderators or Members of the Alluvial Gold Prospectors Group and we disassociate ourselves in any way.

The Alluvial Gold Prospectors Management are in no way associated with this persons comments.

These two prospecting groups have always co existed since very early days and there is no reason why this shouldn't continue. I feel I can say this in confidence as I have personally been a member of this forum in its two incarnations since around 2003

This post is not to draw any comment or reply, but to clarify.

Regards
Ric
Alluvial Gold Prospectors of Australia

Last edited by AlluvialRic on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
AlluvialRic
AlluvialRic
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-07-16

http://alluvialgprospectors.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:58 pm

G'day Robbo welcome mate cheers cheers

Ric, you signature sums it up! I will send you a PM ,I hope you find the time to reply.

Back to top Go down