Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up

+11
ROCKDOC69
TWO BOB
Kon61gold
goldminer997
cranky53
big fella
Coiltek Manufacturing
GoldstalkerGPX
detecta2
Nature_Pete
mariner3800
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up

Post  Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:54 am

some awesome pix there TH thanks
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up

Post  Nature_Pete Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:01 am

Hi Guys,

Here are some more Pics ... that was before a detector was put into my hands and the camera took second place Embarassed

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 DSC03870640x426

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 DSC03867640x411

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 DSC03864640x401

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 DSC03861640x543

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 DSC03859640x426

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 DSC03857640x407

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 DSC03852640x426

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 DSC03851640x426

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 DSC03848640x426

Nature Pete. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Nature_Pete on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Placed the wrong links in - too early for me!!!)
Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:47 am

some great pix Nature_Pete thanks for posting them
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 Empty RE: Laancoorie Weekend Wrap Up

Post  TWO BOB Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:50 pm

ROCCKDOC69 , SuchIsLife, Mariner3800 & Stoppsy.

Your feedback is appreciated. Very Happy And Stoppsy without your video I would not have been able to post pictures THANKS.

Mariner3800 , TheHOward , Nature_Pete. Great pictures. Laughing

Cheers
"TWO BOB" the AUSSIEOLDCODGER
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Great Photo's guys cheers

An update on my nuggets, once cleaned they lost considerable weight, they are very crystal type nuggets, almost like honeycomb, TwoBob, have you cleaned yours and are they like this?

8.08g > now 6.88g
1.23g > now 0.98g

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 Empty Laanecoorie weekend wrap up

Post  Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:50 am

Looks like it was a super meet with some great gold found by members congratulations cheers like to get to the next one,even if its a day trip.There`s some great pics of members too,enjoyed them...Well done to Mariner3800 for his organizing of the event..

It would have been good to hear Jim`s talk...are there any gems to reveal? Smile

Cheers Eureka Dreams

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 Empty Laancoorie weekend wrap up

Post  TWO BOB Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi Goldstalker, I haven't cleaned nuggets I think the 2 bigger bits will loose a bit when cleaned Crying or Very sad . Hope we can catch up for another hunt soon .
Cheers
"TWOBOB" the AUSSIE OLD CODGER
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:33 pm

ED, i actually had a 'ohhh yeah' moment listening to Jims talk. Everything GSGPX had ever told me about, well the geology side of things, just fell into place and i found that the following 2 days were so much easier to walk around and see where reefs etc actually ran. Smile
TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie - Laanecoorie Weekend Wrap Up - Page 2 Empty laaneacoorie photos are there anymore?

Post  ange Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi all, fantasic finds and photos, WELL DONE!

Are there anymore photos from the feild?

I can't promise anything but would love to try and sketch up an action shot, with the charcoal I took from cranky's fire.

Don't be shy.... there must be some pickwhelding photos out there? Question Question

PS never done a charcoal sketch before so it will be a first affraid

for sentimental reasons, the photo would need to have been from the laaneacoorie week end.

PM me if you don't want to post onto the forum

Thanks a bunch! flower sunny

Ange

ange
ange
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Nature_Pete Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:52 pm

Eureka Dreams wrote:

It would have been good to hear Jim`s talk...are there any gems to reveal? Smile

Cheers Eureka Dreams

I can say that I will never look at the Aussie bush the same again...Although, I have said that before and it was as true then as it is now. Jim is a very logical thinker and what he said made a truck load of sense. I now couple that knowledge with what I learnt of the plants that I can I.D. and already I see things differently.

I would recommend that if you get the chance to hear him present, take it Wink

Nature Pete. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Great photos Pete.Thanks.
I made few photos around the camp site and some on the way back home.Some stunning bush photos, but from phone camera only.

Jim was great but wish he gave us a little lecture the first day we arrived.Learned a lot and had great time.
Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi All,

Thought you might want to go to the link below and have a look at what Coiltek have done with some info I sent to them in a thank you letter.

http://www.coiltekmanufacturing.com.au/testimonial.html

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:16 pm

that was a great letter to CT Mariner3800. well done mate...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks Peter,
Great letter and thanks for sharing it.
As many of our members i would like the event to be more frequent then once a year.Count me in.
May you please let me know about next event as i would like to get involved some of my business partners.
I am sure they will be more then happy to donate a few items for our raffle.
I will personally donate a prize for any trip which will be organized in the future for our forum/members.

This is my opportunity to say thanks to all members there who welcomed me as a new member.
Your generosity and welcome was outstanding and made my first ever detecting trip one i will always cherish.
For me personally this journey is not about gold but about golden moments.
Thanks. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Hi all,

It was a pleasure to run such an event and to be honest it was very easy as everyone made it quite easy. The members that stepped up and gave their advise and help was just sensational, something that I think this forum can be very proud of. There is one huge wealth of information out there and to have a forum and associated event to share it around I feel is just wonderful. I'm sure all of you, like myself, have benefitted from this forum and just won't to see it it shared with those with the same passion.

Ok, now for the next one.............

I'm more than happy to put my hand up and co-ordinate the next one, but would like some feed back as to where we should hold the next one, when we should hold the next one and what you would do to make it better.
We do have to remember that this is not an organized event, just a group of people getting together to have a beer and chat about prospecting.

When considering location ( G-Spot ) that is short for Gold Spot, please consider the accommodation and access to the gold fields, I must say this is why Laanecoorie is such a great location.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:06 pm

i know a great spot just the ballarat side off stuart mill, i'll find out more and i'll get back to you on it.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:41 am

G'day Peter,

Why not just base the event at Jim's park? You can't top his amenities or knowledge.
Many square kilometres of goldfields are within 30 minutes drive of the park.

I think you would be hard pressed to find a better location.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:03 am

What about the Melbourne Cup weekend. You would get 4 days in as most work places now shut down on the Monday to make it an extra long weekend. I could not make the last get away but I'm sure I would be able to make the next one.
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:17 am

Melb cup weekend sounds great, prob good to sucure a date ASAP so we can keep the weekend free. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:03 pm

any ground for a wet miner ?? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Yer Murachu it is called a "PUB" Laughing Smile
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  ange Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:03 pm

Not sure about everyone else who live in the Triangle, but for people who live in Ballarat, it was decided that we don't get the Melbourne Cup long weekend but the Ballarat Show day being Friday 11 November. Not sure who gets which holidays? confused
ange
ange
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi Murachu

If i remember correctly there was a write up about Newstead on this forum some months back (After the floods)
Newstead is about 35 Minutes from Laanecoorie
I am not sure what the water flows are at different times of the year but may be worth looking up

Cheers Ruffles

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 am

I drove through Newstead a few days ago and there was water in the creek then but as you said it is depending on what time of year.

Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:28 pm

ruffles wrote:Hi Murachu

If i remember correctly there was a write up about Newstead on this forum some months back (After the floods)
I am not sure what the water flows are at different times of the year but may be worth looking up

Cheers Ruffles

Thanks Ruffles Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuckles Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Murachu wrote:
ruffles wrote:Hi Murachu

Cheers Ruffles

Thanks Ruffles Very Happy

I know Newstead well after spending 20 years there and nearby at Welshmans Reef.
The Loddon river has a fair bit of water in it at the moment and will stay like that until Lake Cairn Curran water levels drop.
Any gold in the river there is very fine and came from further up the river around Guildford and the Vaughan area...I'd love to know the original source of the Loddon river gold !.
The surrounding creeks are a poor show, as apart from the dredging of the river, most of the mining around that area was deep reef mining and a bit of surfacing further up the road at Welshmans Reef.
There's diggings along the road to Maldon at Sandy creek but that has been done over so well that you are lucky to find a bullet these days...your better off just driving through Newstead and out to nugget country further north west or to the gullys around Maryborough.

Chuckles
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldylox Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:53 am

Wow! There IS hope...lol. Looks like a wonderful time was had there. Maybe I can attend another meet-up some time in that neck of the woods - I've been away from the forum too long! That'll learn me. lol. Goodonyer all.

Goldylox
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mariner3800 Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi Goldylox,

We are planing another weekend in November ( cup day weekend )

Keep an eye out

Mariner3800
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2