Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok...Never going to Sunny Corner Again ???

3 posters

Go down

Ok...Never going to Sunny Corner Again ??? Empty Ok...Never going to Sunny Corner Again ???

Post  TuronYellowFever Tue May 24, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi guys, I'm a regular prospector in NSW and I manage to pick up atleast one little nuggy every time I go out to known goldfields.......except Sunny XXXXXing Corner. Now I know there was a lot of gold come out of the Sunny Corner area, or atleast thats what the old timers tell us, and even nuggets of 20oz +. Problem is, over the last 15 years I have I have frequented Sunny Corner and swung many different models of detector but without so much as a picker. So today, after first getting bogged, then walking 5km in very steep rough terrain to get to the "diggings with nuggetty stuff" as one bloke told me and then digging a pocket full of bb's and nails, taking a short cut back only to become lost in the said rugged terrain for about 3 hours in drizzle rain ( I know, no GPS silly me),then finally finding a road and making my way back to my car. Again I have come home empty handed from Sunny Corner, and let me tell you....theres nothing bloody Sunny about Sunny Corner !!!

Has anyone ever had any luck there ? Pm me...anything ...please help me break my Sunny Corner drought.

TuronYellowFever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Ok...Never going to Sunny Corner Again ??? Empty Re: Ok...Never going to Sunny Corner Again ???

Post  Guest Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 pm

tyf hi
i dont know if this is any help but i used to go trail bike riding there on a 600cc thumper and it was GREAT fun riding up the big hills around that way that you mentioned.
never found any gold there tho.
cheers
dave

Back to top Go down

Ok...Never going to Sunny Corner Again ??? Empty Re: Ok...Never going to Sunny Corner Again ???

Post  Guest Tue May 24, 2011 8:52 pm

Anything within a daytrip of Sydney will be trampled to bits by detectorists by now including your not-so-sunny-corner, west of Portland NSW. Mount Alexander goldfields (Castlemaine) is a daytrip from Melbourne, and I'm having trouble stepping between digholes and trampled gold workings here. Such are the benefits of National tourism funding to promote our goldfields...

Back to top Go down

Post  goldrocs Tue May 24, 2011 9:20 pm

Don't blame sunny corner for your lack of finding the yellow stuff
me and skyisite do day trips to these old diggings and come back
with some nice pecices,look up sunny corner bits on this forum don't give up
you will find some nice gold out there......

cheers goldrocs...
goldrocs
goldrocs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Tue May 24, 2011 9:28 pm

Yep spot on Dave a good tradesman never blames his tools there's gold there just have to be patient
Sunny corners great in the summer 40 degrees in Sydney 26 at sunny corner
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  TuronYellowFever Tue May 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Spot on, I never blame my tools, the trusty 4000 is is second to none when it comes to nsw detecting imo, I just seem to have a curse on me in regards to Not so Sunny Corner lol I just wish I could break the curse. I also believe areas like Sofala and Hillend are flogged much harder then sc, just because of how easily accessed the diggings are compared to sc and I menagerie to find regular gold in those places. I just find the diggings at sc to be too far off the bed rock , seems to be a lot of top soil coverage

TuronYellowFever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 9:16 am

It’s good to see I am not the only one who has a bad day. Grin grin. Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Wed May 25, 2011 12:12 pm

TuronYellowFever wrote:Spot on, I never blame my tools, the trusty 4000 is is second to none when it comes to nsw detecting imo, I just seem to have a curse on me in regards to Not so Sunny Corner lol I just wish I could break the curse. I also believe areas like Sofala and Hillend are flogged much harder then sc, just because of how easily accessed the diggings are compared to sc and I menagerie to find regular gold in those places. I just find the diggings at sc to be too far off the bed rock , seems to be a lot of top soil coverage
mate in theses areas you have to think outside the box there is plenty of ground out there and goldrocs and i have been getting some nice gold...just remember gold is where you find it and it pops up in places that leave you scratching your head...
also you dont aways need a detector to find gold.....
Dave
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down