Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Range Detectors

+5
forester01
gray.nomad
nero_design
alchemist
TuronYellowFever
9 posters

Go down

Long Range Detectors Empty Long Range Detectors

Post  TuronYellowFever Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Really, why do they not lock these guys up ?

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/pro-series/pro-series.htm

TuronYellowFever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Long Range Detectors Empty Re: Long Range Detectors

Post  alchemist Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:57 am

Normally $4595.....sale price only $2995 USD for a box of xhit!
Daylight robbery.
Absolutely disgusted.
Grey.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:47 am

G'day - why do you say that? Have you used one? What's wrong with them?

A GPX4500 costs more than that and some of those can sound like a cage full of monkeys.

cheers - trashdigger

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 am

Trashdigger as soon as any LRL blurb mentions metal frequencies, it's a sure sign of another hoax. All this thing consists of is an LCD screen telling you what state your battery is in and what frequency an oscillator is running at, the receiver picks up the oscillator and that’s that, it's a battery discharger, nothing more, just like all the other ones Mr Fitzgerald has had anything to do with.

The problem with all Long Range Locators is the theories behind how they operate break numerous fundamental laws of physics.

It is a Fancy dancy dowsing apparatus, that’s all. The components are probably worth $200 max. $100 for the case, $30 for the LCD screen, $70 for bits and bobs, and that’s really stretching it, but unlike the 4500 it will never find anything except by pure chance and mistake, throw a rock over your shoulder and dig where it lands, you've got just as much chance of finding anything of value this way.

It took me 25 days detecting to pay for my 4500 and an extra coil. The monkeys left once I learned how to use it properly. With this heap of junk you will very likely NEVER find enough to recover the cost of shipping it to your door!
Shame on Kellyco.

Here’s some more info on LRL, it’s a real shady business.
http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=reports.dat
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12074
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Do your research before you part with any money for any LRL garbage.

Cheers
Grey.
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:53 am

I've had an issue with some of their stock in the past but they're supplying equipment (including devices which appear to operating on Supernatural methods like dowsing rods etc) that I suspect caters to the Middle Eastern and Mediterranean customer who insists on devices that most of us would consider bogus. I don't mind seeing them sell a titanium plum-bob on a string... but I really do object then they start selling Long Range Locators. Why they feel a need to fill any of these niche's is beyond me. But a recent investigation showed that it was possibly Kellyco themselves who were involved in the manufacture and development of some of these devices. When you add this information to the equation, it all becomes a little clearer.

The overall effect of them selling this particular "device" is that it lowers people's expectations and respect for legitimate detectors which actually work... Like a real metal detector does.

Not much can be done, I suspect.

Cheers,

Marco
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Long Range Detectors Empty El Toro Poo Poo and Long Range Detector

Post  gray.nomad Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:00 pm

Could not agree more, TuronYellowFever.

Bullenscheisse like this get up my gander. I complained to our own homegrown variety of LRL, the RangerTell, putting him on notice that I reported him to eBay and ACA. so far, the silence from those 2 astute entidies is deafening. Rolling Eyes
Honesty seems to have disappeared. Lets get the quick buck and stuff the unsuspecting and gullible. Sad state of affairs, but that's the way of the world.

Check out Carl Moreland's page on LRL's.
http://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=main.dat

See you up them thar hills.
Frank
gray.nomad
gray.nomad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Long Range Detectors Empty Have I Been Wasting My Time - Marco

Post  forester01 Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:53 pm

G'day Marco,
yes mate I suspect you are indeed wasting your time. You and the other members who've drawn our attention to this problem gadget are doing us a service - just in case we were dumb enough to be taken by these shysters. However, as I've said before, you have to act your age the day you're born - and if people are dumb enough to be taken by this bullshit ('Scheisserei' or 'Scheissdreck' more correctly in German) then that is surely their problem. However as I've said, you've done the right thing by pointing out the problem and goodonya for doing it.

Mike W
forester01
forester01
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinegold Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:20 pm

I frequently visit treasurehunting sites often, and have bought a product from them. I wasn't happy with the state that it came in but it's still useable and it could have been customs, I wasn't happy with the fact that they used foam to fill in the large box that it came in. They could have used inflatable plastic, and saved me $ on shipping fees. Other than that, I find that store to be a bit dodgy from my expeariance reading other forums, I think there's something fishy with them but I could be wrong.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi Shine....both Aust and US customs will leave a pamphlet in your box if they've inspected it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 pm

...unless they break it whilst wondering what it is, in which case they just tape the box up again Evil or Very Mad

Pens pushed through high resolution laser diffraction gratings is an example.

cheers - trashdigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:20 pm

Honestly though..is the guy actually commiting an offence?
Unethical maybe.

After all there is no law against selling Tarot cards, Ouiji boards, healing pyramids, hair regrowth formulars or penis enlargers etc..

Back to top Go down

Post  echidnadigger Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:51 pm

madtuna wrote:Honestly though..is the guy actually commiting an offence?
Unethical maybe.

After all there is no law against selling Tarot cards, Ouiji boards, healing pyramids, hair regrowth formulars or penis enlargers etc..

Whats this that you say about penis enlargers? Shocked Shocked
Where do you get them? Razz Razz Razz LOL
Brett.
echidnadigger
echidnadigger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:19 pm

I ordered and paid for a coil from Kellyco which they had on special. Turns out they were out of stock and were on backorder. They asked me if I wanted to wait 2 weeks and I said yes. I paid on the 3rd of February and they still haven't posted the bloody thing yet.

Dicko..
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:04 am

Hey Dicko,
I like Kellyco and I'd not hesitate to buy from them again too if I needed something. They were very helpful and straight forward when dealing with them. But by selling or supplying LRLs, they seem to add a layer of legitimacy to these phoney "detectors" by showcasing them alongside genuine detectors and reputable brand names. Anyone new to detecting might be tempted to contact them and enquire about purchasing one without realizing there's no science at all behind their operation.

It would be like selling one of those Magic 8 Ball gizmos for $5,500 and placing it on display alongside an SD2200v2.

Long Range Detectors Original
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:26 am

Unethical maybe.

G'day Steve,
Marco hit the nail square on...do you pay many thousands of $s for tarot cards, etc?
This is a straight out deception, they dress up nonsense electronics to look like a legit geo-physical gadget which do cost thousands of $s, the only difference being the real kit does what it was intended to do.

Some take the cold callous stance, that greedy people deserve to loose their money, or if they are too thick to understand that its claims are beyond the realms of science fiction well their bad luck, they should have been born with some intellectual aptitude to see a scam because this cruel world expects a fool and his money will be quickly parted. I don’t buy into this, nor does the consumer protection agencies that are there to try and protect us from criminals using bogus schemes to fleece us of our coin, no matter how smart, dumb, greedy or inquisitive we are.

I’d have no worries if they sold them for $200 max, some people don’t know how to make their own dowsing rods, or a piece of wire in each hand seems a little primitive. Charging thousands though is an absolute rip off!

Cheers
Grey
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:16 am

Don't get scammed by the penis enlargers - I ordered one a few years back and all I received was a magnifying glass.

caveman

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:35 pm

alchemist wrote:
Unethical maybe.

G'day Steve,
Marco hit the nail square on...do you pay many thousands of $s for tarot cards, etc?
This is a straight out deception, they dress up nonsense electronics to look like a legit geo-physical gadget which do cost thousands of $s, the only difference being the real kit does what it was intended to do.

Some take the cold callous stance, that greedy people deserve to loose their money, or if they are too thick to understand that its claims are beyond the realms of science fiction well their bad luck, they should have been born with some intellectual aptitude to see a scam because this cruel world expects a fool and his money will be quickly parted. I don’t buy into this, nor does the consumer protection agencies that are there to try and protect us from criminals using bogus schemes to fleece us of our coin, no matter how smart, dumb, greedy or inquisitive we are.

I’d have no worries if they sold them for $200 max, some people don’t know how to make their own dowsing rods, or a piece of wire in each hand seems a little primitive. Charging thousands though is an absolute rip off!

Cheers
Grey

Hi Grey, My point was although morally and ethically wrong, it is most likely not criminally wrong (under current law)
If they sold for a max $200 I would have the same outrage as if they sold for $2 or $2000. Wrong is wrong is wrong, no matter the cost.
I've lost count of the number of times I and others I know have reported Brokerbill and Agent whatever his name is to Ebay for selling similar crap.. but they're still there, legally plying thier scam gagets day after day.

cheers!

Back to top Go down

Post  echidnadigger Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:23 pm

caveman wrote:Don't get scammed by the penis enlargers - I ordered one a few years back and all I received was a magnifying glass.

caveman
I hope it came with a warning, DO NOT USE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
Brett.
echidnadigger
echidnadigger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:30 pm

caveman wrote:Don't get scammed by the penis enlargers - I ordered one a few years back and all I received was a magnifying glass.

caveman
To admit this on a public forum means you must have big b bounce lls??..ya cant have both..so don't worry about the magnifying glass, use it to burn ants. Smile
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Long Range Detectors Empty Have I been wasting my time? & Turon

Post  forester01 Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:53 pm

G'day Turon,
whilst I agree with you that these operators are shysters and rogues, the fact is that they proliferate as the internet increases in importance as a world wide market. As long as you're bringing it to the attention of blokes you know and those who use this website, you're doing the right thing.

Forget about prosecuting them or bringing any type of legal action. Believe me they have their arses covered. Everyday life is stressful enough as it is (at least it was until I retired) and the last thing we should be doing is worrying about what we can't control or influence.

Regards
Mike Wellington
forester01
forester01
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down