Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area

+13
Detectist
solidslug
Detrackozi
getascripter
paintercoffeeguy
vinny007
Harb
billyboy
kevlorraine2
hotrockgarry
HOBO'S Gold
Balony
madmaverick
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:36 pm

I had a couple of days out bush a while back and picked these bits up (Just found a few photos)
I have learned that a white background is best for photographing gold since.

Panther

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area MILPAGold

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty well done

Post  madmaverick Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 pm

looks great, wow love it, can't wait to share our nugget finds when we get them lmao,, well done m8

happy hunting
Steve and Lea

madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty Re: Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Would be great Steve. I actually finished up with about 63 nuggets in 2 1/2 days. Great spot for a 5000!

Panther

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty Re: Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area

Post  Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Good gold there panther, we like Mt Browne and surronding areas as well, had some good times out there.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:01 am

63 pieces in 2½ days. well done panther
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 am

Panther are some of those pieces covered in black cap rock??? it looks that way.

Regards

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:42 am

Freshwater, some nuggets are still embedded in the rocks but it is fairly easy to break them out.
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:22 am

you have some nice bit there panther thanks for sharing mate...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Balony Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Hey thats a sensational effort, must of been great fun. good work
Balony
Balony
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Yeah Guys, It is a long way out there but the drive is 'different' and the gold is mainly small, but I am going again one day just 'cause...

Panther

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty awesome Panther

Post  madmaverick Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:15 pm

let us know when you are goin and just maybe we can tag along,,, have a nice evening m8

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Nice Gold there cheers I'm hopping to get my share of that in 5 weeks, that's the Easter break, going up there for 10 days with a forum member. its going to be a fantastic time for all drunken . I've got a 5000 so I will give the place a good frashing, I'm going to bring home gold and you tube clips cheers

Regards Johnny sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Johnny, you should get heaps but don't expect any biggys. It's all good fun. Looking forward to the vids.
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Sweet arrangement of colour there panther - sensational !
Heading up that way with johnny over easter - looking forward to it ...
cheers gully hunter

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty Nice ones

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:28 pm

Well done Panther, I was in some of that area a few months back and it was just toooooo wet and boggy to get out very much, but I did find about 7 little ones.
All the best
Firerynugget

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:43 pm

Yes Fireyone You certainly need a 4x4 if it rains, and I only hit 1 roo. Good thing is, you can drive for miles anywhere.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty detecting

Post  hotrockgarry Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:53 pm

I used a 3000 all round mt brown and found squat , well done panther

hotrockgarry
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:53 pm

That part of the world is very very green and grassy in spots now with the unseasonal weather we have been having the last year or so. Looks like totally different country than it normal is when dry. Plus the Mountain ranges of south australia are looking fantastic as well. Guys take a camera as it is a very rare and great event.

would love to do a lake frome and lake Eyre trip at the moment!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:44 pm

EXPLORER, when were you out there recently?
if it was a month back then this latest bout of rain last week, would have topped it all off again.
hard to imagine grass on that white quartz country at mt brown.
i had thoughts of going there in june, instead of clermont qld, but guess there is going to grass at both ...kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Of course there will be spots that are still barren as but on average the whole place has come alive with these rains the last two years. i was talking to some locals one night at a hotel and they said they hate it as the tourists that come out to sit and do painting hate the look at the moment and are not coming and going else where. That is another take on a situation i had never thought of but then again it was Pro Hart country wasn't it.

Remember those looking for the golden stuff there is still heaps of places to swing a detector for a year or two or three or four.

Also those people passing through Wilcania just watch out after dark as the natives get a bit restless and often stumble out in front of vehicles near the bridge area where the community park is in town. And near the bend as well. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Where abouts do yas go i poke around mt brown just in view of the station have minelab gpx5000 been here two days no luck help me out please!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Cantfindthagold
Two guys just came back from there today and found some nice pieces (bigger than normal) with a 4000 so it is still there. Your 5000 should be a killer out there.
They may post some pics when they get home.
Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:33 pm

picked up 1 nugget at MT browne , and managed to pull 7 nuggets from the commons not bad sizes...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:45 pm

You will have to change your name to 'Foundit' now. lol congratulations on your finds.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Hahaha yeh true mate, cheers for the reply

T

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty Tibbobburra and Mt Browne Off the adjenda folks

Post  billyboy Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:53 am

Got the bad news from the horses mouth last week - 29/1/12 - that Mt Browne is now closed to all detectors and prospectors and the gates are permanently shut to all. The big boys (mining co's) have taken over Mt Browne and most of Tibooburra. The entire place is now surrounded with massive EL's "everywhere". Nearly the entire NW corner of NSW from Broken Hill to north of Tibooburra is blanketed with massive EL's. Not all are looking for Au but you still wont be able to get on any of them. I think this is a great shame again for the "little guy" as it just about finishes off the entire NW NSW region for the little guys ..."US". Diamong drill holes are being sunk everywhere and the place will look like a Texas oil field soon. I guess with the Au price so high ... it was just a matter of time before this happened. A sad day fellow ground scratchers!!! Billyboy.

billyboy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:59 am

yep....its nearly time to find a new hobby....
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty tibooburra

Post  vinny007 Wed May 30, 2012 5:37 pm

madmaverick wrote:looks great, wow love it, can't wait to share our nugget finds when we get them lmao,, well done m8

happy hunting
Steve and Lea

thinking of going to tibooburra in july for a month is it still worth going ?

vinny007
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-05-23

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area Empty hey Vinny

Post  madmaverick Wed May 30, 2012 6:41 pm

as a place to fo it is awesome countryside, great ppl, couple that with some small gold it is well worth the trip, we just got back from there and only managed 1/2 a gram in gold but learnt so much and loved the area, we will go back without a doubt

happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  paintercoffeeguy Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:25 am

I found this interesting.

http://www.resources.nsw.gov.au/geological/about/mapping/koonenberry-geological-mapping-project

paintercoffeeguy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next