Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tibooburra

+5
fastgold
Driller
MS
madmax800
Jigalong
9 posters

Go down

Tibooburra Empty Tibooburra.- gold tagalong

Post  Jigalong Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:40 am

I had 5.2 days detecting with Gold Prospecting Australia as a tagalong and stayed for two more days after that. The 0.2, was the morning it got so windy, we could hear nothing - even with a sock over the headphones.

I found 25 nuggets for 2.9 gm on the 5.2 day tour and another 10 in the next two days. VERY small gold, but those tiny signals were good practise to keep my ear tuned.

Looking forward now to a long weekend in the Golden Triangle, sometime before Christmas.

Jigalong.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra Empty Re: Tibooburra

Post  Jigalong Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:53 pm

Dig,
OK on the windward side of the body, not real good on the lee side. I wore a veil all the time I was detectingor I kept loosing my concentration and missing those little signals.
Jig.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  madmax800 Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:23 pm

I must say, you are cheerful for such a small return.

Well done.

Last time I was there ended up with 6 nuggets for 21 grams

I thought I was doin it tough

John
madmax800
madmax800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:02 pm

Hi Jig
Just interested what machine and coil were you using on the smaller gold over there and was the ground noisy.
Regards Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Mark,

Some slopes littered with ironstone were noisy as the day heated up. The quartz covered areas were very quiet.

I use a 4500 with a 14" Coiltek Gold Stalker Mono.

My friends were using a suped up Xtreme and did well.

Jig.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:50 am

Jig
Tnks for the reply ,Good combo and nice country , I have spent a bit of time there 18 years ago but not detecting , did see heaps of good quartz and ironstone in like open like claypan flats and on low hill slopes ,was staying on a large station and even the ground around the homestead looked good.
I found similar looking ground on stations around Wilcannia which I'm sure must hold gold too.
Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:15 pm

Mark,
We were staying @ Tibooburra on Mt Stuart Station which is owned by a nice fella called Mark. You pay him $10 a day to detect and camp there.
Jig.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra Empty Tibooburra

Post  Driller Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:17 am

This announcement from the ASX might interest some of you that swing a coil at Tibooburra.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20100702/pdf/31r4b61xh6r06z.pdf

Driller

Driller
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:50 pm

Well that's great news (not) Crying or Very sad
Have spoken to the company concerned, things aren't clear at the moment!
I have to contact them again next Tuesday.
It appears that there is an existing alluvial claim which also covers this (or some of this) area.
I have only detected at Mt Browne Station, you pay your $10.00 a day camping/detecting fee and away you go.
I have not previously researched the Tenement details of this area as I figured that if a fee was being charged to detect then it was all legal. Exclamation
Is this alluvial Lease only recent or has it been in effect for some time Question
If the latter, should I (we) have obtained permission from the 'alluvial' lease holder as well Question
Does anyone have any contrary information Question
It's certainly getting harder for the hobbyist to find a spot Crying or Very sad
Scrat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Scrat wrote:It appears that there is an existing alluvial claim which also covers this (or some of this) area.
I have only detected at Mt Browne Station, you pay your $10.00 a day camping/detecting fee and away you go.
I have not previously researched the Tenement details of this area as I figured that if a fee was being charged to detect then it was all legal. Tibooburra Icon_exclaim
Is this alluvial Lease only recent or has it been in effect for some time Tibooburra Icon_question
If the latter, should I (we) have obtained permission from the 'alluvial' lease holder as well Tibooburra Icon_questionScrat

There are a number of pre existing ML's (Mine Leases) on Mt Browne and one that I know of on Mt Poole. This EL (exploration Lease) which is actually a number of pre existing EL's has been taken in partnership with the pre existing company and or companys.

The pre existing ML's on Mt Browne and not part of this and have not been taken over and remain in the ownership of there holders. These ML holders have given permission to the Mt Browne owners to charge the $10/day to detect on these existing ML's

To go onto the EL's which surround these ML's it is neccessary to get permission from the holders of the EL's and also the property owner, (which in this case you would allready have if your detecting on the property where the ML's are paying your fee).

Seems like the owners of the pre existing EL's were not doing a whole lot with them and have been offered a partnership with this company, Meteoric Resources. There is a phone number and a web site for them on there ASX announcment.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks Dave, that explains things!

I have spoken to Meteoric Resources. I have to wait until next Tuesday for someone, with the knowledge re Tibooburra, to get back to me.

Scrat

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra Empty TIBOOBURRA

Post  fastgold Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:43 pm

why do you need permission of el holder,mark

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2010-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Rules vary a bit from state to state, and some of the rules are easier to find than others but I think you will find that this is more or less the go.

click here the info below

132. Fossicking on land subject to exploration licence

<BLOCKQUOTE>
(1) A fossicker who intends to fossick for gold on land which is the subject of an exploration licence shall not do so unless the fossicker has first obtained the consent in writing of the holder of the exploration licence.
(2) Where an exploration licence is granted in respect of land which has been declared to be a fossicking area, a fossicker may, notwithstanding the grant of the licence, enter on and have access over the part of that land comprised in the exploration licence area for the purposes of fossicking (including fossicking for gold)</BLOCKQUOTE>

Back to top Go down

Post  fastgold Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks, is it correct to assume that pastoral lease-holders permission is required.What if you happen to fossick further west and cross border,do sa laws then apply,mark

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi Mark;
I don't want to get into a 'bun fight' like we did with goldn-god. affraid
but clicking Davsgold's link it brings up Northern Territory regulations.

Tibooburra, Milparinka, Mount Browne are in NSW.

We know in SA you don't need permission from and EL holder.
In WA you do.
In NT I now know you do.
I still don't know what the NSW regulation is Question

Wouldn't it be nice if we had uniformity Australia wide. Laughing
As long as it was to our advantage. lol!
Trevor

Last edited by Scrat on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!!)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:44 pm

G'day Trevor

Its so difficult when every state has different rules.

Hopefully I have just found what applies to NSW, its a bit hard to follow but I think it means that if an EL is in or covers a general desiginated fossicking area that you can fossick / metal detect with out getting the EL holders permission.

An example would be the common at Stuart Town in NSW which is one of very few designated fossicking areas in NSW.

So it seems that any other area, being crown land or pastroal lease or freehold you need the EL holders permission to detect/fossick

Also apparently you are supposed to get permission for the forresty to go detecting in nsw forrests Tibooburra Affraid

Even though you don't need a miners right in NSW there are a heck of a lot of regulations, and most of them are difficult to find .

You can find this info Here

Mining Act 1992 No 29
Current version for 1 July 2010 to date (accessed 3 July 2010 at 13:31)

Part 2Tibooburra Bullet_breadcrumbDivision 1Tibooburra Bullet_breadcrumbSection 12
<< page >>

12 Fossicking
<BLOCKQUOTE class=FlatParagraph>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(1) For the purposes of this or any other Act or law, it is declared that fossicking is a lawful activity.</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(2) Subsection (1):
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(a) does not affect any other Act or law that prohibits, regulates or restricts fossicking or that has the effect of prohibiting, regulating or restricting fossicking and, in particular, does not make fossicking a lawful authority or lawful excuse for the purposes of any such Act or law, and</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(b) does not confer on any person a right of entry on to land (other than land prescribed by subsection (2A)) for fossicking purposes.</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(2A) For the purposes of subsection (2) (b), the prescribed land is Crown land (within the meaning of the Crown Lands Act 1989):
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(a) that is not held under a lease, licence or permissive occupancy under the Crown Lands Act 1989, the Crown Lands (Continued Tenures) Act 1989 or the Western Lands Act 1901, and</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(b) that is not under the management or control of a trustee or a public or local authority.</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(3) Any publicly owned mineral that is recovered in the course of lawful fossicking becomes the property of the person by whom it is found at the time it is severed from the land on which it is found.</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(4) A person must not carry out fossicking on any land the subject of an authority, mineral claim or opal prospecting licence except with the consent of the holder of the authority, claim or licence.
Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units.

</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(5) Subsection (4) does not apply to the carrying out of fossicking on land the subject of an exploration licence if the land is within a fossicking district.</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=Paragraph>(6) A person must not carry out fossicking on any land that is, or in waters that are, the subject of an approved determination of native title under the Commonwealth Native Title Act to the effect that native title exists, except with the consent of the relevant registered native title body corporate with respect to that native title.
Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units.

</BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra Empty tibooburra

Post  fastgold Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 pm

Scrat, thanks for info, greatly appreciated. I dont need any more gng's thanks.

fastgold
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra Empty Tibooburra

Post  opalngold Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:08 am

Howdy All
Just a quick warning to prospectors heading to Tibooburra, Mt Browne in particular. I have just returned from there, I was staying in the shearers quarters and using the kitchen, so during the day while I was out prospecting, some turd decided he liked my gas bottle and burner, leaving his cheap and nasty non working one in exchange! I have a fair idea who it was, they left that same day. They were campers rather than prospectors. So if its not bolted down don’t leave it unattended.
They do get a lot of over nighters staying there nowadays, with free camping advertised in some magazines etc. anyone could show up. Having said that, its still a great place though, pity about the lack of gold.
Cheers Greg

opalngold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Sorry to hear that Greg. I have enjoyed a trip to Mt Browne myself and had no problems that way. It sounds like I found more gold than you too.
It does get pretty well flogged out there. I would like to go back one day as there are some areas I would like to go over again. (Nostalgia)

Panther

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Gday Greg.
Not good to hear and considering the stuff i use to leave in the quarters might consider my self lucky not to have been fleeced.
Good reason to camp out in the sticks well away from the quarters.

Regards
John

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Greg, bad luck on loosing your stuff mate, there has been a bit of shenanigans going on out there of recent, so iv heard.

Anyway while your down a bit on human nature I thought I might give you a kick in the ribs to cheer you up a little. I think the reason for your gold tally falling off is that your new detector is not as good as your old one. Smile

Your friend narrawa. Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi Opalngold,
I'd be interested in knowing what magazines advertise Mt Brown shearing shed as a free camping spot. Maybe we could do something about stopping the practice.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:42 pm

"Camps Australia Wide 5" lists it as a free camp with a cost for showers, don't know whether it's in other magazines or not

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Thanks for that, Davesgold, I know the publication and will make some inquiries. If the Station owner has given permission that is OK but if not it shouldn't be in there.

Just heard that some people were detecting out of Kalgoorlie when they head a motor bike nearby. Back at their vehicle they found a detector had been stolen along with a purse containing a considerable sum of money. Mongrels abound from one end of the country to the other.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  opalngold Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanks for the replies, I didn’t walk away empty handed, 112 nugs for 24g but getting much harder to find. No complaints with the 5000, just need to walk over the stuff.John might have the right idea about camping out in the scrub.
The owners of Mt Brown have done the advertising so we can’t complain, we just have to be cautious. Its one of the only places in the area where you can camp and have a fire.
Greg

opalngold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:30 am

That's pretty crap Greg! thanks for the heads up though

Back to top Go down

Tibooburra Empty Milparinka

Post  hotrockgarry Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey that sucks . I think Mt Browne is close to Milparinka , met a few suspect people there myself , (a long story) makes me see why people carry guns , the place is beautiful though. Garry

hotrockgarry
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum