Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

???about rare earth magnets

5 posters

Go down

???about rare earth magnets Empty ???about rare earth magnets

Post  TWO BOB Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:28 pm

I use rare earth magnets. One set in the end of my pick handle to recover the small steel targets, the other just over my left shoulder gaffa taped to my harness. This locks my pick in place sitting on left shoulder. The ??? is will the magnet have am effect on the body good or bad?? If bad what happens to the people who carry magnets in their pockets???(Is this a type of birth control??)
TWO BOB
TWO BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 274
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

???about rare earth magnets Empty Re: ???about rare earth magnets

Post  mariner3800 Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi Two Bob

I actually wear a magnetic bracelet ( not while detecting ) and have done for about 6 years now. Started wearing it to help back pain and have not had any since. I my opinion having a magnet on or near your body can only do good.

PS,,, The birth control bit, yes it can work as birth control, but only if you get a couple of thing caught between 2 earth magnets when they attract???
Pete What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face
mariner3800
mariner3800
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1177
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:44 pm

dont let them get anywhere near your wallet !! deletes the magnetic strip of all information!!! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  maxxAu Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:01 pm

There is a huge difference between the hematite magnetic bracelets and a rare earth magnet Shocked
One does you good and the other ????????? who knows.
maxx

maxxAu
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  monoman1961 Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi all i use the magnets from a computers hard drive they are flat and very strong put them on the head of my pick work well
monoman1961
monoman1961
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Hey! Maaaabeeee if ya strap a rare erf magnet to ya neck nere ya carotid artery it will attract orl va iron art of yer blud n it wiw form a dirty big iron blud clot in ya nek n a person mite drop ded frum a stroke Very Happy affraid Wink

Last edited by Adrian SS on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:25 pm

mariner3800 wrote: I my opinion having a magnet on or near your body can only do good.

PS,,, The birth control bit, yes it can work as birth control, but only if you get a couple of thing caught between 2 earth magnets when they attract???
Pete What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

Yes mariner I would have to agree on that, unless you start talking very powerful magnets then of course warnings should be in place where people are fitted with pace makers and the like, then the effects would not be so good.

Birth control would work if that happened lol! Shocked affraid

Two Bob, I would be more concerned about having a mobile phone on my person, which I like my mobile phone to be mostly a stationary phone.....I hate phones Laughing

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down