Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ABNORMAL WEATHER PATTERNS.........

+8
goldenghost
Grandfather Johnson
byronbinalong
skysite
GoldstalkerGPX
HOBO'S Gold
TheGoldenChild
kon61
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ABNORMAL WEATHER PATTERNS.........  Empty ABNORMAL WEATHER PATTERNS.........

Post  kon61 Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:12 pm

G'day Ladies & Gents.

We all know what Australia is going through at the moment in terms of abnormal weather patterns.What concerns me,is that,could this be the beginning of more devastating,or sinister signs to come.Who knows whats in stall for us,or the rest of the world,in the next few weeks,months,or years.Id like to believe that it will be all good news,but why does my gut instinct keep telling me else wise?....

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

ABNORMAL WEATHER PATTERNS.........  Empty Re: ABNORMAL WEATHER PATTERNS.........

Post  TheGoldenChild Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:22 pm

December 21 2012 the end of the world!!!!!
For those that have not found there first nugget yet, time is running out.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

ABNORMAL WEATHER PATTERNS.........  Empty Re: ABNORMAL WEATHER PATTERNS.........

Post  kon61 Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Now,now,GoldenChild. Lets not jump the gun.I didn't mention anything about the end of the world,only about what time might have in stall for us.(In other words,Id better get cracking my self).

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:34 pm

I'v lived in Narre Warren (Vic) for the last 9 yrs and we just experienced the heavest rain and wind storm that I can remember. The storm water drains out the front can not hold the water and the streets are flooded. Our spoutings and down pipe on the house are over flowing because the water has no place to go. We've lost one tree on our property but no damage to anything else. The Misses and I have got our place up for sale right now and open house tomorrow afternoon so the tree will have to go first thing in the morning. This weather is the after marth from Qld so now I know what those poor bugger just went through. The bloke across the road had to sand bag the front of he's place because the water was starting to enter he's garage, and we have a bike path right across the road and that was just one big river as it runs down hill. I reccon we had at lease 4" in less than hour. I thing I might advertise my place with a water frontage. I hope everyone else in the path of this storm are OK.

Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:38 pm

TheGoldenChild wrote:December 21 2012 the end of the world!!!!!
For those that have not found there first nugget yet, time is running out.
the amount off times they have said this.... no one knows when or how it will happen... just keep detecting and live your life day by day... me and dannyvic where on our way home from maryborough today and the amount off water that was running across and along the side off the roads was unreal... we have just started to get the heavy rains now so we'll see how the river holds this time around.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Wombat,Victoria's due for another big downpour tomorrow.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:41 pm

AAHH but ya see, it tiz narmal for the weather ta be a bit Abnarmal now and again.... aye, that it iz.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Couldn't delete this so I jus back tracked it. Heh.

Last edited by Adrian SS on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Adrian,if your talking pay rises,I,I,Mr,speaker put me in.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks Kon61 for the warning. Then I'll might advertise my house with "water frontage with possible boat moaring" Laughing It is 8.45 pm and it is still raining with thunder and lighting but not as heavey.
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:54 pm

hey wombat just keep a watch on the water and make sure it don't get to close to the front door and i hope your doing well. we are copping the heavy rain and the storm now and it's pretty heavy. i feel for charlton as they are just getting over the last lot off rain, floods and now the river that runs around my home town and into charlton is on flood watch again. i hope they don't cop the floods again
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Fingers crossed Wombat.They did say weather clearing.Hopefully,they're only light showers through out the night.
We're coping a downpouring in Melbourne as we speak.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:49 pm

I live in Rowville and electronic rain gauge says that we have had 110mm in the last 24hrs and that is at 9:50 pm, and acording to the radar there is a hell of a lot to come.
Regards Johnny sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:01 am

Whilst this "little girl" has control, we are in for a pizzling. I hope she never grows up!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Ni%C3%B1a

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:15 am

Abnormal weather patterns?....what the he'll are you talking about..what is normal then.....
The floods that hit Qld have done so before..I recall growing up in western Sydney it raining for 2 weeks straight flooding the front yard....in summer we got weeks straight of 40 degree temps and thick ice on the windows in winter....the weather now may be a little different from years gone bye but abnormal I don't think so...it's all happened before it's just in your face a lot more these days with round the clock media coverage and more high tech weather instruments..
I'm sure the rest of the world have seen blizzards,floods,mud slides,earthquakes,valcanos,ect ect before it's nothing new or abnormal...
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  byronbinalong Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:22 am

you either have to adapt to the changing environment OR DIE out, this is what evolution is about, since this is now under "climate change" and not global warming, we have to change with the climate ... this is my view that people may have to move away from the coast due to cyclones,tsunami, rising water levels ... but not in my time tho... which brings to the fore .... NEW GOLD areas to find ... woohoo Very Happy Very Happy
byronbinalong
byronbinalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:48 am

Skysite, I do understand that its all happened before in the past,in all states,in all parts of the world,to some degree or another.I certainly do hope though that your right in saying,Its all part of the norm and not on a more frequent continuous basis.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:15 am

I hope so too kon but as Byron said we will adapt to the weather we always have...Australians have gone through wind,fire,flood and drought and always will and I have never seen any Australian get beaten....
Mother nature is a woman do I need to say more!!!!!!!!
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:37 am

skysite wrote:

Skysite you haven't met my ex-miss's then, she was a real b**ch affraid

Wombat

Back to top Go down

ABNORMAL WEATHER PATTERNS.........  Empty Adnormal Weather Patterns

Post  Grandfather Johnson Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:54 pm

As another woman wrote of early Oz many years ago-----Of droughts and flooding rains!

It's all happened before

Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Grandfather Johnson wrote:
As another woman wrote of early Oz many years ago-----Of droughts and flooding rains!
Exactly Bruce short but sweet well said

It's all happened before

Cheers Bruce
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Climate change is:
Summer, Winter, Autunm & Spring!
Average tempretures & Rainfall are nothing but statistical records from last 150 years or so.

Australia is always subject to extremes, droughts floods etc!

The media & climate change activists just keep up the spin, every weather event is a warning sign, to change our evil ways?

If you research climate change global warming you will see many scientists and clever people do not think humans are causing the so called greenhuse effect!

The government just wants to tax us more!

Back to top Go down

Post  byronbinalong Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Monoloop68 wrote:Climate change is:
Summer, Winter, Autunm & Spring!
Average tempretures & Rainfall are nothing but statistical records from last 150 years or so.

Australia is always subject to extremes, droughts floods etc!

The media & climate change activists just keep up the spin, every weather event is a warning sign, to change our evil ways?

If you research climate change global warming you will see many scientists and clever people do not think humans are causing the so called greenhuse effect!

The government just wants to tax us more!

Ha ... exactly Monoloop, thankyou, some one else who thinks the same, this is a "legal way " to increase taxes and stop the voters from whinging, sort of .. all they have to say is an environmental levy to help us meet our unrealistic carbon targets, Australia has contributed 0.02% in total to the supposed global warming. which equals 3/4 of 4/5 of bugga all
Cheers
byronbinalong
byronbinalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenghost Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:17 pm

monoloop 68. 10 out of 10. Go to the head of the class.

goldenghost
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:25 am

Now thash Ish wot I ish torkin abart.....Hick...burp....aaahhhh. drunken cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:09 am

You might have a bit of trouble telling the folks in Grantham, Innisfail or Creswick to "adapt".
"Normal" weather patterns don't break records. Is it normal for Mildura to receive 6" of rain in 24 hours?

I don't know if global warming or climate change is happening but I do know that weather patterns are.
Perhaps what we are experiencing now is "normal" for a 1000-year cycle but it isn't normal for the last 150 years.

I'm more concerned to see how the great Mr. Swann is going to bring the insurance companies to task. I certainly hope it's better than his attempt to do the same with the banks. What a joke that was.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:34 am

Wombat wrote:
skysite wrote:

Skysite you haven't met my ex-miss's then, she was a real b**ch affraid

Wombat

didnt know you had an ex Wombat Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:36 am

I'm more concerned to see how the great Mr. Swann is going to bring the insurance companies to task. I certainly hope it's better than his attempt to do the same with the banks. What a joke that was.

ahhh comon "He's put them on NOTICE" so he said !! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Kon61, I have to agree with your thoughts as my wife and I have discussed this on a number of occasions.
Goldnomad, as I live at Grantham I have to agree. There are very few homes that were in the township that are still standing and the general feeling is that they will not be rebuilt and many of the folk have 'moved on'.

Now. If any of you have studied Timeline Graphs you will see that something really big is supposed to happen on the 22nd March. I wait in curious anticipation.

Panther

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next