Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plastic? Bolts and wingnut for your coils. Where to get them?

4 posters

Go down

Plastic? Bolts and wingnut for your coils. Where to get them? Empty Plastic? Bolts and wingnut for your coils. Where to get them?

Post  goldtimer Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi everybody,
I seem to have slowly lost about half of the bolt/wingnut things that you use to hold the coil on the end of the detector, (ML 4000)
I'm down to the last three sets now, and it'd be pretty damn annoying if I lost those somehow in the field and couldn't detect due to lack of a couple plastic nuts and bolts. Embarassed Embarassed
Does anybody know where you can get these in bulk. Cheap?
Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated sunny
Cheers!

goldtimer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Plastic? Bolts and wingnut for your coils. Where to get them? Empty Re: Plastic? Bolts and wingnut for your coils. Where to get them?

Post  mulgadansa Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:28 pm

They do look a bit like licorish GT - you bin eaten em eh???? Very Happy
Try here http://www.goldcitydetecting.com/.
QldSandy used to be a moderator on this site but has since opened a shop.
Have a look in the Equipment Suppliers section here on the Forum Home page.
ML will probably sell you some too.
No suppliers in NZ?
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Plastic? Bolts and wingnut for your coils. Where to get them? Empty Re: Plastic? Bolts and wingnut for your coils. Where to get them?

Post  Tributer Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:16 pm

I actually found the plastic coil bolts and the foam hand grip replacements in "Clark Rubber". They went bust in Bathurst where i live alas.
Don't know if they are in NZ.

PS Hey Goldtimer, I picked up a few pairs of wool gumboot socks when i was in NZ recently. They act as good snake gaiters . Never see them over here.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:32 pm

http://www.plasticnutsandbolts.com/
You could try these people.
There are also a few in OZ as well, type in plastic bolts
regards

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:39 pm

for plastic nuts.... http://www.cosmetic-plastic-surgery.info/news/implantation-of-testicular-prostheses Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:41 am

Laughing Laughing Tuna you might explain how to fit these to the coil bolt please affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:39 am

madtuna wrote:for plastic nuts.... http://www.cosmetic-plastic-surgery.info/news/implantation-of-testicular-prostheses Very Happy
Explains that strange clicking noise i hear when you walking around MT Wink .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:48 pm

madtuna wrote:for plastic nuts.... http://www.cosmetic-plastic-surgery.info/news/implantation-of-testicular-prostheses Very Happy

Struth mate you crack me up ya d*#@head.. lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtimer Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi guys, sorry about my lack of response. I was away for the weekend. Thanks for the suggestions Brett, Tributer and freshwater.
@ madtuna, lol ! Very Happy
Thanks again for the help, It's much appreciated!
Happy hunting Smile

goldtimer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  mintcar Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Hi Goldtimer, You can purchase plastic bolts and nuts from Mulford Engineering in Onehunga Auckland there Ph 096362900 hope this is helpfull to you I use them on a 4500. Regards Bill.

mintcar
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtimer Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:54 pm

Cheers for that mintcar, I'll look into it... sunny Smile

goldtimer
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down