Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doug Stone's new N.S.W. maps

3 posters

Go down

Doug Stone's new N.S.W. maps Empty Doug Stone's new N.S.W. maps

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:09 am

Doug Stone has recently released 2 maps one covering the HillEnd and the other covering the Sofala-Wattle Flat gold fields.
Both are a must have especially if you are unfamiliar with the areas.

They are a very comprehensive coverage of the diggings. Having been going there for over 35 years I was amazed at some of the diggings I never knew existed.

Nuggets From DownUnder stock them for $12.50 each
http://www.nuggetsfromdownunder.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Doug Stone's new N.S.W. maps Empty Re: Doug Stone's new N.S.W. maps

Post  goldfinder Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks for the info Madtuna, have a Hill End map ordered and hopefully on the way soon. Very Happy Wasn't aware that Doug was producing maps for NSW. Some of his Vic maps are very helpful. Wasn't aware of Nuggets from Down Under either. They seem reasonably priced.

goldfinder
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Back to top Go down

Doug Stone's new N.S.W. maps Empty Re: Doug Stone's new N.S.W. maps

Post  Fly_Dirt Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:41 pm

The Doug Stone map is great, in that it puts on one nicely folded piece of paper, the location of the old diggings and mines. Nothing you couldn’t find out for yourself if you did some research of historical records.
I have a copy of the Sofala-Wattle Flat map and I am referring to this map only in this post.
The map comes with a disclaimer:
“Outdoor Press gives no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness or currency of the Metal Detecting Map nor does it warrant that the Map identifies all features of the subject area. Prospectors should be away that gold metal and relics exploration areas may contain hidden dangers and should exercise caution in undertaking exploration activity. Outdoor Press is not liable for any loss, damage, expense or cost incurred or suffered by any person relying of this Metal Detecting Map.
This map does not imply public access to all areas shown of this Map. It is the prospector’s responsibility to seek permission to enter and/or undertake metal exploration activity on the land areas from the relevant owner, occupier or Authority.”

CAUTION – TAKE NOTE: The map shows 4wd tracks. At least three of the tracks shown, I know are not for public access. One road goes to my neighbour’s front door and another through his sheep paddock where some very nice diggings are located. Since 2004 there has been a “buy-back” scheme for landholders that have Crown Roads going through their property. Three of my neighbours have bought their “4wd tracks”. I know this because I received the advice from the Land and Property Management Authority in December 2010. Many other locals could be in the process of doing the same. http://www.lpma.nsw.gov.au/crown_lands/roads
Even if you were to travel on the “tracks” that have not been bought and are still Crown Land, in many cases the land either side of the tracks is private property, whether fenced or not. Unless you have the permission of the landowner, if you got out of your vehicle for a look around, you would be trespassing.
It’s the old story, that those people, the one’s without common sense and courtesy spoil it for the rest.
You cannot just drive where ever you like, without doing some research yourself and the courtesy of seeking permission from property owners. Waving a copy of the map at an irate landowner is not tantamount to showing the policeman your license.
Fly_Dirt
Fly_Dirt
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Doug Stone's new N.S.W. maps Empty re doug stone's new NSW maps

Post  blueyonder Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:12 pm

I am keen to swing the detector around Hillend.Have not got hold of Doug's maps yet but when I visit Hillend Gold's web-site,it looks like they have an exploration licence over all gold bearing country bar the Fossicking area and National park.Any danger of a p.m to wise me up on the un-official protocols?..cheers..Dave

blueyonder
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Back to top Go down