Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG NUGGETS AND EBAY

+2
Tributer
TheGoldenChild
6 posters

Go down

BIG NUGGETS AND EBAY Empty BIG NUGGETS AND EBAY

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:02 am

Often read about big nuggs being found but the largest I have seen on Fleabay is 1 oz. and most are just a gram or two.
Where are all of these 10, 20 and 100 ounce jobs. Man if somebody payed me 14 grand for a 10 ouncer I would deliver it personally anywhere in Australia. Is every body turning their biggies into littlies.

Back to top Go down

BIG NUGGETS AND EBAY Empty Re: BIG NUGGETS AND EBAY

Post  TheGoldenChild Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:10 am

here you go -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VICTORIA-TRIANGLE-92-GRAM-GOLD-NUGGET-/320639612925?pt=AU_Bullion&hash=item4aa79c37fd

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/73-9grams-NATURAL-GOLD-NUGGET-/330515648313?pt=AU_Bullion&hash=item4cf4448f39

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Genuine-Australian-Gold-Nugget-161-1-grams-/190486901363?pt=AU_RocksFossilsMinerals&hash=item2c59e77273
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:02 am

Adrian SS. There are some good nuggets on ebay. Many good sized aussie nuggets turn up for sale in the USA.
For a big nugget search on ebay try "Gold Nugget" "located anywhere" and value "$2000- $400,000".

You will see some outrageous asking prices and a few scams on occassion as well. I imagine 50% of bids on the really big nuggets are from scammer/bogus bidders as well.

Of course, nearly all large nuggets sales are private or brokered affairs.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  buck06 Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:57 am

hi all as i hate flebay how would i sell good size gold privately ?????? ounce plus pieces could anyone please explane please buck
buck06
buck06
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:44 am

TheGoldenChild wrote:here you go -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VICTORIA-TRIANGLE-92-GRAM-GOLD-NUGGET-/320639612925?pt=AU_Bullion&hash=item4aa79c37fd

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/73-9grams-NATURAL-GOLD-NUGGET-/330515648313?pt=AU_Bullion&hash=item4cf4448f39

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Genuine-Australian-Gold-Nugget-161-1-grams-/190486901363?pt=AU_RocksFossilsMinerals&hash=item2c59e77273

thanks ,
These few are at reasonable asking prices.

Adrian SS

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:45 am

Tributer wrote:Adrian SS. There are some good nuggets on ebay. Many good sized aussie nuggets turn up for sale in the USA.
For a big nugget search on ebay try "Gold Nugget" "located anywhere" and value "$2000- $400,000".

You will see some outrageous asking prices and a few scams on occassion as well. I imagine 50% of bids on the really big nuggets are from scammer/bogus bidders as well.

Of course, nearly all large nuggets sales are private or brokered affairs.

Tributer

Yes it would seem that Aussies do not like spending big on gold nuggs.

Adrian SS

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 am

The 92 gram nugget from Wedderburn claims it is 99% pure. I don't know of any gold nuggets that are that pure. The best is about 95%. Wedderburn gold is not noted fo its purity, Dunolly gold is claimed to be exceptionally good at about 96 to 97% but even that is arguable. Those sort of claims would put me off if I was looking to buy.

Cheers, Jim cheers
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  codgerwa Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:41 pm

granite2 wrote:The 92 gram nugget from Wedderburn claims it is 99% pure. I don't know of any gold nuggets that are that pure. The best is about 95%. Wedderburn gold is not noted fo its purity, Dunolly gold is claimed to be exceptionally good at about 96 to 97% but even that is arguable. Those sort of claims would put me off if I was looking to buy.

Cheers, Jim cheers

It said 99% clean, not pure, so I think it means 99% clean of dirt on it. (Only my interpretation) Cheers,codgerwa

codgerwa
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:47 pm

codgerwa wrote:
granite2 wrote:The 92 gram nugget from Wedderburn claims it is 99% pure. I don't know of any gold nuggets that are that pure. The best is about 95%. Wedderburn gold is not noted fo its purity, Dunolly gold is claimed to be exceptionally good at about 96 to 97% but even that is arguable. Those sort of claims would put me off if I was looking to buy.

Cheers, Jim cheers

It said 99% clean, not pure, so I think it means 99% clean of dirt on it. (Only my interpretation) Cheers,codgerwa

OFFERING A 92 GRAM GOLD NUGGET FROM THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE VICTORIA THIS IS A VERY CLEAN NUGGET 99%

PUR
E FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS GOOD BIDDING

Back to top Go down

Post  codgerwa Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:30 am

madtuna wrote:
codgerwa wrote:

Cheers, Jim cheers

OFFERING A 92 GRAM GOLD NUGGET FROM THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE VICTORIA THIS IS A VERY CLEAN NUGGET 99%

PUR
E FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS GOOD BIDDING

Yes you are right,I didn't see the pure at the bottom. Sorry. codger.

codgerwa
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  buck06 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 pm

hi all again so nobody has sold gold privately or larger pieces it seems a lot talk about it but no/one can answer my question??????? sorry if i am being rude but a few had a bit to say about this subject and i would to sell some good pieces of yella to pay for a new adventure and would like to know how as i have never sold gold before. can anybody help cheers buck cheers cheers cheers
buck06
buck06
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:59 pm

Buck, for a buyer to want to buy it, first he has to see it. Like it or hate it, Ebay has a massive audiance.
As tributer said, there's always the brokers, but mostly they deal with extraordinary nuggets, not the 1 and 2 oz jobs
Privately, you could place an ad in GG&T or leave info with the numerous dealers

Back to top Go down

Post  buck06 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:06 pm

thanks tuna as i dont show to much or say much i probly need to be more public and join ebay cheers buck
buck06
buck06
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:21 pm

99% Pure gold content,HA HA HA.Even river flower gold struggles to approach that sort of purity.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi Buck06,

If you want to sell your solid nuggets over two ounce in size take good images and then ring/email people like the gold buyers who advertize, ie Fraser, Perry and i think Trackline, and the Perth Mint gift shop. If they are interested send some images of the parcel you have on offer with exact weights etc.

As you probably realize, ugly nuggets up to 3 ounce are only worth more or less gold value unless they are shapely or crystalline.

But if you only have a few consider ebay, especially if they are shapely and not just lumps. Do you sums and work out the commissions/paypal ripoff fees and put them up at gold price (+commission cost) as a starting bid. You have nothing to lose besides a listing fee. You may have a friend registered on ebay who could sell for you.
Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down