Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8'' Minelab SuperSearch Coil

2 posters

Go down

8'' Minelab SuperSearch Coil Empty 8'' Minelab SuperSearch Coil

Post  TheGoldenChild Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:48 pm

just found an 8'' Minelab SuperSearch Coil which was originally used on my FT16000 years ago. It has a 5pin socket. Was wondering if these coils can be used on the GPX's before I plug it in and blow something up.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

8'' Minelab SuperSearch Coil Empty 8" Minelab Supersearch Coil.....

Post  sandy2010 Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:44 pm

I think it might be prudent to check it out FIRST with the tech. guys at Minelab.

The coil in question is a DD

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

8'' Minelab SuperSearch Coil Empty 8" Minelab Supersearch Coil.....

Post  TheGoldenChild Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:22 pm

good idea Sandy2010, I'll sent off an email and see what they say. Thought somebody from this forum might have tried this already and had an answer.
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

8'' Minelab SuperSearch Coil Empty Re: 8'' Minelab SuperSearch Coil

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:13 am

Gday

The early 8" coils from the sd 2000 onwards that I have seen have all been marked as "supergoldsearch" and are a mono coil, it will either have a round grey wire or a two tone wire where it has been joined, I gather that the coil with the two tone wire was from an earlier model machine, is a mono coil, and was modified to suit the later pi detectors.

Some of the earlier 8" coils are actually dd coils and were made for vlf detectors and will not work on the later pi machines even though they have the same 5 pin configuration in the plug, I dont advise plugging them in as you could possible cause some damage to your machine, minelab should be able to tell you more about it.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down