Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DIY Sluice box - show'n'tell - SLUICING FOR GOLD

+4
eagle653
TheH0ward
Nightjar
24kt
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DIY Sluice box - show'n'tell - SLUICING FOR GOLD - Page 2 Empty Re: DIY Sluice box - show'n'tell - SLUICING FOR GOLD

Post  eagle653 Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:46 am

There have been many additions over the years such as a removable tray in the top section which allows you to check the progress of the gold being caught , this idea in its prototype stage was made by a good friend of JB's ,Johno and was further developed by their collaboration together.

Marachu
You know as well as i do that the catch tray was an invention by a prospector, i believe his name was Hans or Hennes or one such name, about 5-6 years ago and first demonstrated in Eldorado that year and there are many prospectors who have witnessed the event and could back up this story, Banjo as he was known at that time claimed shortly there after that he was the inventor of the catch tray as he thought this was the best invention for the recovery of gold he had seen for a very long time, so your claim that Johnno invented the tray is nothing but a lie and fabrication, why not stick to the truth? and as Old Mogo said why does "James101" aka Schisto or is it Schitso, Banjo, Brumby just to mention a few of his many aliases he has used over the years, WHY?, a string toy to speak for him? where is the super prospector, what has he got to hide, is he to scared to speak for him self or is he scared that the truth will finally be told what sort of rat he really is, why he was booted out from the AGP site? certainly not because he was a good guy. i have got in my possession a DVD copy righted 2003-2004 that demonstrates how to set up a highbanker and how to use it, and low and behold there is no mention of the catch tray whatsoever. the DVD is called "Prospecting 1" How to use a Banjo & Separating Black Sand.
eagle653 bom bom

Last edited by eagle653 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

eagle653
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

DIY Sluice box - show'n'tell - SLUICING FOR GOLD - Page 2 Empty Re: DIY Sluice box - show'n'tell - SLUICING FOR GOLD

Post  rowdy Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:30 pm

I'm not trying to stir up any trouble here, and I'm not taking sides except to say that the first removable tray I saw was on a post on the old MSN site by Johno with photos of a wooden proto type catch tray that he had built. It was about 2 years later that I first saw one in the flesh, I can't remember where or who's gear it was on but I honestly believe that Johno was the first to use it on the sluices that have been used on these sites.
Rowdy
rowdy
rowdy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  eagle653 Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:18 pm

It my very well be so Rowdy and i am not saying it isn't but as you said it was in a post, it was never demonstrated as far as i know out on the field
so to my knowledge and understanding the first demonstration happened at Eldorado circa 5-6 years ago and i must say this guy who ever he was deserves full credit for that.
eagle653

eagle653
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:26 am

Sorry guys but I have to agree with Eagle653 as I saw the first prota type top catch tray on a banjo before it was even used at Eldorado,( not saying that it was not thought of earlier) and it was on Hans machine and he was going up to Eldorado on a club trip to try it out and show the rest of the members of the then Alluvial Gold Prospectors on the old MNS site and that would have been about 5 yrs ago. As far as I know, Hans now does not belong to any site to be able to back his claim, but I do see him occasionally and I know that he still states that claim. Not for the constuction of the banjo, but just to the improvement of the banjo with the removeable top tray. The banjo is a great little unit for gold recovery and over the years with all the improvements (and not so improvements) that has happened we can thank everyone that has anythink to do with it, and not just to one person, and I personally would like to thank them all:lol:

Thanks Guys
Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  eagle653 Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:28 am

It must also be said that if Johno was the first to tinker with the catch tray then why did nobody adopted the idea? but after it was demonstrated at Eldorado everyone that i know off
has got a catch tray build in to their Banjos and i do believe the idea went overseas, so in my opinion it was a great invention and it makes me wonder why this bloke did not put a patent on it to make some money.
this just shows what a simple idea can do and it would not surprise me if in the near future someone will develop the trays even further to make them even more efficient, as far as i know these trays do catch approximately 95%-98% of the gold and the rest is caught up in the riffles, now i ask you how can you improve on that? i am very happy with the performance of my banjo and catch tray's and i like Wombat would like to thank everyone who has worked on these contraptions and improved on them over the years.
eagle653

eagle653
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:14 pm

I feel the purpose of this topic has served its purpose.

Contributors should be aware we are not here to call each other names or call other people liars unless they are in full knowledge of the truth. We respect each other and all replies are to made in light of this.

For further info on Sliucing please refer to the site mentioned.

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2