Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At least I didn't have to dig.

2 posters

Go down

At least I didn't have to dig. Empty At least I didn't have to dig.

Post  Axtyr Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:47 pm

It was a glorious day in Castlemaine today. It started off chilly but that didn’t last long. It took a while to get the one and only piece for the day. I got the signal and scraped the leaf litter away with my foot and it had moved. The only reason I investigated further was in case it was a rock containing gold.

I pushed the leaf litter away again and there it was sitting right on top of the soil. I didn’t have to dig anything which was a real bonus. It weighed a huge 0.08 gram.
At least I didn't have to dig. 3SSRloB

I did get another good signal and after digging it out and it was still in a large lump of hard clay, I was really expecting it to be gold. Unfortunately it ended up being a piece of metal I have found a few times over the years. It’s a silvery metal that, although it’s solid, it has a crystalline structure. Really weird.

Anyway, that was all I got but it was a great day to be out before the rain sets in.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 847
Registration date : 2014-01-20

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

At least I didn't have to dig. Empty Re: At least I didn't have to dig.

Post  moredeep Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:12 pm

The spot that keeps on giving cheers well done .
I've found a few of those lead/silver like pieces in that area and I think it galena? crack them open and it has a mirror like surface.

google Galena.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down