Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPZ 7000 tricks

3 posters

Go down

GPZ 7000 tricks Empty GPZ 7000 tricks

Post  justoverthehill Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:36 pm

Hi everyone!

So I went out bush the other day and managed to find a few small bits. My brother went over a area with his 6000 and then I went back over with my 7000 and I actually managed to pick up stuff that the 6000 missed. These nugs that the 7000 picked up were super tiny as well so I'm pretty impressed. Still a long way to go to pay itself of though Laughing

Anyway I was having a yarn with a guy at the detector shop and he asked if I went back over in general mode as well? I said no I only searched the patch in high yield since the gold was small in that area and he recons I would have defiantly left gold in the ground still. That's fine cos next time I'm back out there I will change over to general mode and have a look around to see if I missed anything. I would have thought that with using high yield I would have pretty much found everything I could on the patch since it wasn't very deep and the gold was tiny.

Further on into the chat he was saying that he can tune the 7000 to not pick up hot rocks either? I was like oh ok but he recons that I have to do the detector course he provides to learn it all at $250 a pop.

Does anyone know if he is right and that you can tune out or teach the detector to not pick up hot rocks or is he just squeezing me for some easy coin?

justoverthehill
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-09-01

bushbasher90 and Reg Wilson like this post

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 tricks Empty Re: GPZ 7000 tricks

Post  Kon61gold Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:32 pm

G'day justoverthehill, welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, there is no magic solution to completely cancelling out hot rocks (upon touch) without some loss to depth.
Lowering ones gain, or changing from one gold mode to another, or by introducing audio smoothing or that of ground smoothing on, instead of off, all of which help smoothen out ground noise as well as hot rock detection, but again, all at the cost of ones depth over targets.
Best way to see what best works for you, is to experiment over a couple of hot rocks by going over them playing with your settings/timings etc, in order to see what you can least achieve over hot rocks & or be content with what best suits you, when going over hot rocks.

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

bushbasher90, pablop and xmas tree like this post

Back to top Go down

GPZ 7000 tricks Empty Re: GPZ 7000 tricks

Post  Reg Wilson Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:15 am

It would be interesting to know which detector shop you are referring to. I would also be interested in how much gold this 'expert' has managed to detect.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

geof_junk and staples61 like this post

Back to top Go down