Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Beach Run

4 posters

Go down

Quick Beach Run Empty Quick Beach Run

Post  adrian ss Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:25 am

Finally got to the Beach yesterday.
After checking the weather conditions I decided that it was going to be cool but clear 2 to 16 degC)
Anyway we arrived at the beach (Batemans Bay) did a bit of a town walk around and then headed to Surf Beach, had some fish n chips , fed the seagulls and then set up for a detect. Well the weather changed from sunny cold to cloudy cold n wet but while we were chowing down on the fish n chips we noticed a bloke cursing and swearing at everybody he could zero in on. Strolling through the car park and along the sand and around the toilets, everyone was fair game. A total dick head. He came over to us and had a go and I tolerated it for a short while and then got up and told him to EF OFF while he still had two arms and legs that worked. He unleashed another salvo at us and then moved up the beach.
He did not appear to be drunk, just stuffed in the head. He managed to give my wife a fright which was what set me off..
Should have called the police I guess. Anyway tecting was a no go so it was off to Mogo for a cuppa and sausage roll. Very Happy
So in short; no detecting, a cold wet day plus a brain dead nit wit
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4350
Registration date : 2015-07-03

xmas tree likes this post

Back to top Go down

Quick Beach Run Empty Re: Quick Beach Run

Post  adrian ss Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:45 am

Went to the coast again yesterday for a detect and have concluded that my detecting days are seriously numbered.
Pain in my knees and back is too much to tolerate for more than about ten minutes of detecting.
Combine that with stupid doctors who sit on great pain killers but will not prescribe them. They say I will become addicted and it is better for me to put up with this pain and to live in misery for the rest of my days..... Brain dead stupid P***ks.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:06 pm

https://www.canberrahealthservices.act.gov.au/services-and-clinics/services/pain-management-unit

Ask for a referral, nothing to loose?

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

ivanll likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:35 am

Our family doctor since 1991 retired and I have not been able to find another one who is even remotely interested in our family medical history.
All they want is their 95 dollars for every 15 minutes.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:37 pm

It's tough when the family GP retires but a GP really can't refuse making a referral for you.
As I've said before GP's are like mechanics, you just have to find a good one.
And if there's only one GP in your town then keep on their nice side What a Face

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

bushbasher90 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:13 pm

Going to the Bay again tomorrow, Taking the SDC this time. Boy O Boy those alumin bottle tops better watch out.
Any way the Markets are on tomorrow, If all else fails I might find something of interest there. Very Happy Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:03 am

Another day yesterday at Batemans Bay Surf Beach.
The SDC ran faultlessly although it could not handle the EMI at the Northern end of the beach. This EMI has been there ever since I started detecting this beach. ( many years ago ) It is up near the fence line and disappears as you approach the water line.
    Found only steel and aluminium BTs, rusty fish hooks and tent pegs.
Did find one very sand encrusted 2003 Spanish clad 5 cent. Approx 10 inches down in the sand at the highest high tide line.
    When I cleaned the coin a thin liquid flowed out of the coin through a break in the cladding that occurred as I was removing the encrusted sand. ?
This beach is very much target free these days. Sad
    Under the microscope this sand appeared to be made up from tiny gemstones possibly garnet, qtz, agate and others plus shell.
The SDC did OK finding that one considering the level of EMI.

Quick Beach Run Rscn5912
Quick Beach Run Rscn5913

PS.

I think going to Batemans bay via the Kings Highway these days would be better suited to going by Cobb & Co Coach. I think that the coach could handle the bottomless pot holes better than my corolla.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:53 pm

Did a  run to  Broulee South Beach yesterday near the end of the day.
Detected for approx one hour with the SDC2300. Great day no clouds and around 15 degreesC.
The pickings are slim even on this beach. Only detected for one hour and Only found ring pulls, a few bobby pins, (much fewer than usual)  and for some reason there was a significant number of pop rivet end caps scratch  Found one very long time lost twisted sil wire ring at close to 30cm in the damp sand.
   Ran the 2300 in salt mode because the normal modes were a bit noisy over the saltwater sand.
Nice beach that attracts good crowds of beach goers.

Broulee South Beach
Quick Beach Run 102eb910
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

ivanll and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:31 pm

Adrain I would expect a low yield in coins these days of plastic money, but the jewellery to coins ratio should be in favour of the jewellery have you notice this.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:09 am

Am not sure Geof.
For me there has been an over all reduction in all types of targets at the beach over the past few years.
The majority of coins that I have found recently have been deep in the wet sand and clearly lost a long time ago I have not found a watch or gold chain for several years now and the few rings that have popped up had  been lost years ago judging by their condition.
    The old one and two cent coins are near on non existent when in the past they were as numerous as bobby pins. The majority of coins that I have found within a few inches of the surface over the past few weeks have been foreign coins.
     I still have almost every thing that I have found during the past bazillion years with the exception of the one and two dollar coins which were turned into sausage rolls or petrol.Laughing My jewellery container has a tad over 2 kilo of jewellery items.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:35 am

Another Batemans Bay trip yesterday for a quick detect.
Went to McKenzies Beach and found zip; went to Broulee South Beach and found zip; went to Corrigans Beach and found one 5 cent; zero ring pulls, bobby pins or bottle caps or sinkers but did locate a large deeply buried item at the low tide line with a long narrow outline maybe a metre long by a few inches wide as traced by the detector tones. Too deep and did not recover it. So if any of you bloke are at Batemans Bay then go see if you can find this item....Might be an old sword or maybe a golf club or rifle from a crime scene....Or maybe not Very Happy

Item is in the area of the cursor in this representation of the beach.
Quick Beach Run Rscn5914

04/08/23
Hmmmm; So nobody else on the forum detects Corrigans beach aye???....Yeah right, Q08
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:10 pm

Another run to Batemans Bay today and gave the TDI a long overdue beach detect.
   Found enough tent pegs to hold down the Ashtons Circus Big Top, lots of sparkler wire and one lonesome coin approx 30cm down in the wet sand.
The TDI is almost unbeatable for depth plus it runs very smooth. I used the Normal nil GB mode for extra depth.
Detected the  beaches between McKenzies beach and Broulee mainly at the low tide line.
    Gone are the days of finding 20 or 30 dollars in Aussie coin, a few rings or pendants. Time have changed. Sad Sad

This is the only coin for the day during roughly 3.5 hours of tecting....10 something or other,s
Quick Beach Run Rscn6013
Quick Beach Run Rscn6015

Spotted this whale off McKenzies Beach. Approx 3 k off shore
Quick Beach Run Rscn6014
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:58 am

10 Thai Baht.
These days a beach outing give you the satisfaction of saving your cash by not having to pay for gym membership.
Bonus you have pleasure in getting home and resting the old bones.
Second bonus you sleep well after the outing.
Looks like you got the tail end in the last picture. T10

Quick Beach Run 1f37b

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:22 am

Yes by the time I get home these bones need a good rest. Going for a Thai massage this morning.  Very Happy
That whale was not cooperating and refused to poke his head out of the water and was content with a bit of tail whacking.
  They are all heading back south now and are a fair distance off shore.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

big fella likes this post

Back to top Go down