Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lacking a sense of humor.

4 posters

Go down

Lacking a sense of humor. Empty Lacking a sense of humor.

Post  stoneshirt Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:48 am

Hi,everyone.
After being banned from the overly sensitive,and Politically correct American Detecting Sites,where they post about finding a Nickel,it's refreshing to be with you all.

I read a Story some time back, on an Aussie Site,it was about a Family of Aborigines living in the Outback.It seems they had an old Automobile without even an Engine,which they parked out on the Roadway.And when needing to go into town to shop they would Flag down a kind Passerby,for a "Tow"....After their Shopping was all done,and they had their provisions, they would repeat this,and be back to their place,with little expense.I thought this was ingenuous and funny as Hell.

But I received a lot of Flack from some of you,about making the them a Butt of a Joke!..Don't get me wrong.I love the Indigenous people,and think their quite a Handsome Race(for the most part.) Some seemed really touchy about talking about them.........stoneshirt.........?

stoneshirt
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2022-08-14

Back to top Go down

Lacking a sense of humor. Empty Re: Lacking a sense of humor.

Post  Kon61gold Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:16 am

G'day stoneshirt, welcome to the forum.

I understand what you are saying, but what some people might see or find as humorously funny or amusing, can be quite a sensitive, touchy, subject/issue to others.
Keep in mind, this is first & foremost a gold detecting/prospecting site, not a site for the discussion of what might, or might not be happening or going on, within individual Australian communities, regardless of their background race, colour, or creed.

Management
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:28 am

The problem with being White is that even tho you are brilliant, smart, intelligent, incredibly handsome clever, cunning n stuff; we cannot defend ourselves when we are called racists without being called an even bigger racist for doing so.

Q35 Q35 Q18 Q18 Q16 Q12 Q07
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

stoneshirt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:44 pm

G'Day stoneshirt

stoneshirt wrote:But I received a lot of Flack from some of you

This happens to me over and over at a lot of forums I use, I have given up making jokes, just like when I worked in the UK Sad

G'Day adrian

adrian ss wrote:even bigger racist for doing so.

Don't let anyone call you a racist, we r the only country in the Dev. world that let ppl not born here run our public service / gov. at top level SES public servants, I have a high level sec. clearance and I cannot get a job in PS in China or India.

BTW In India that have 120 Mil. untouchables, so they have a long way to go to call us racists !!!
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-02-09

http://ozgold.itis.nu/

stoneshirt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:44 am

Almost 50% of present day Australian were born overseas, so soon we will be hard pressed to find anybody connected to the original settlers and we will have no choice but to load up the Gov with ring ins who  know 100% zero of our history and care even less about it.

Sad really that so few of us care about the monarchy and the Aussie flag with its connections to Britain, Ireland and Scotland.
    If Cpt Cook & Bligh  Had not come out here then at least 50% of current Australians would not exist and is a fair bet that those of us who head off into the gold fields today with our detectors, picks and shovels would never have even been a microscopic tadpole . Q25 Q25 Q25

Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

big fella and AU_Toe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  stoneshirt Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:33 am

[quote="AU[/quote]n India that have 120 Mil. untouchables, so they have a long way to go to call us racists.

Hi.I have lived in India.It's not so much a "Racist" situation.The Outcast are supposedly living a less meaningful existence,because of their karma (past Life,bad behavior).).You can't "become a Hindu" You must be born,a Hindu...And suffer the consequences of the Cast System.Unfortunately it's linear,And their working on this..It was established by the Rulers from Ancient Times,and is hard to disrupt.(since it works so well for the "upper Classes").....I love India,and it's People,and went there to live in a Gun,and Alcohol free Society.But due to Health concerns (UN-safe Water,Food ,and ever present Diseases,and the Heat) I left.But now,in my later Years,am thinking it wouldn't be such a bad place to live and Die.

I'm a Pacifist,and Conscientious Objector...But maybe I shouldn't mention that,I might Trigger some old War Solders,Never know what triggers People,nowa' Days. ..The Wokies are throwing Tomatoes at the Comedians on Stage.....stoneshirt.

stoneshirt
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2022-08-14

Back to top Go down