Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

5 posters

Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:50 am

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron
At a Glance
Studies found that COVID-19 vaccines elicit T cells that recognize the Omicron variant despite the many mutations in its spike protein.
The findings may explain why COVID-19 vaccines protect against severe disease from Omicron even though the variant can evade neutralizing antibodies
“Other groups around the world are reporting similar results. Together, the findings show that T cells induced by vaccines continue to recognize Omicron. Despite reduced antibody responses against the variants, T cells serve as a second line of defense. This may help to explain why Omicron infections, while easily spread, are less likely to lead to severe disease in fully vaccinated people.
“These T cells won't stop you from getting infected, but in many cases, they are likely to keep you from getting very ill,” Grifoni says.
https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/covid-19-vaccines-induce-immune-response-omicron

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  GR84UMR Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:12 pm

there are also quite a few scientific studies that show the natural bodies immune system has better and longer lasting immunity to Omnicom (after an infection) than the Covid 19 vax

the studies also show the covid 19 vax has a detrimental effect to the bodies immune system to other diseases and infections, its a double edged sword,

GR84UMR
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2022-04-25

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:54 pm

GR84UMR wrote:
the studies also show the covid 19 vax has a detrimental effect to the bodies immune system to other diseases and infections, its a double edged sword,
Again this is not correct as my links to some published studies show!

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  GR84UMR Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:58 pm

planetcare wrote:
GR84UMR wrote:
the studies also show the covid 19 vax has a detrimental effect to the bodies immune system to other diseases and infections, its a double edged sword,
Again this is not correct as my links to some published studies show!

you pick and choose one sided data, you disregard any data that is not supporting your point of view, and there is getting to be quite a few studies which show the detrimental effects to the bodies natural immune system to other diseases and infections

GR84UMR
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2022-04-25

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  planetcare Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:03 pm

GR84UMR wrote:
planetcare wrote:
GR84UMR wrote:
the studies also show the covid 19 vax has a detrimental effect to the bodies immune system to other diseases and infections, its a double edged sword,
Again this is not correct as my links to some published studies show!

you pick and choose one sided data, you disregard any data that is not supporting your point of view, and there is getting to be quite a few studies which show the detrimental effects to the bodies natural immune system to other diseases and infections

COVID-19 vaccines don’t hamper the function of the immune system and are likely to limit the generation of variants; no evidence that they produce more lethal variants
https://healthfeedback.org/claimreview/covid-19-vaccines-dont-hamper-the-function-of-the-immune-system-and-are-likely-to-limit-the-generation-of-variants-no-evidence-that-they-produce-more-lethal-variants/

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:06 pm

Planetcare, GR8UMR, as long as I & the rest of my family members have been triple vaxed with not an issue so far, I feel good & safe even from the new emerging variant of omicron (BA.2.12.1)  
This new strain of omicron variant, has been found to be even more contagious than the omicron variant BA.2 but less potent than BA.2 (no doubt to the majority of the worlds population now having been vaccinated) & will soon take over from all other variants, sweeping the world.  
Countries around the world, are now aiming for herd immunity by deciding to drop just about all forms of sanctions to covid-19, in the hope of people building a natural immunity/resistance to such variants (less something more dangerous appears in the not so distant future).
So now, only a matter of time before the majority of us all end up catching the omicron BA.2.12.1, but I feel safer knowing, that I'm fully vaccinated for the disease side of covid-19, than be flipping coins not knowing whether or not I'll be prone to the disease side of covid-19, straight after testing positive for covid-19, with the chance of ending up in intensive care fighting for my life by not being vaccinated.

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  GR84UMR Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:03 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Planetcare, GR8UMR, as long as I & the rest of my family members have been triple vaxed with not an issue so far, I feel good & safe even from the new emerging variant of omicron (BA.2.12.1)  
This new strain of omicron variant, has been found to be even more contagious than the omicron variant BA.2 but less potent than BA.2 (no doubt to the majority of the worlds population now having been vaccinated) & will soon take over from all other variants, sweeping the world.  
Countries around the world, are now aiming for herd immunity by deciding to drop just about all forms of sanctions to covid-19, in the hope of people building a natural immunity/resistance to such variants (less something more dangerous appears in the not so distant future).
So now, only a matter of time before the majority of us all end up catching the omicron BA.2.12.1, but I feel safer knowing, that I'm fully vaccinated for the disease side of covid-19, than be flipping coins not knowing whether or not I'll be prone to the disease side of covid-19, straight after testing positive for covid-19, with the chance of ending up in intensive care fighting for my life by not being vaccinated.

Kon  T25

no worries there Kon, but can you explain then how the covid 19 vax that is used now as booster ect for the BA.2.12.1 and even the first Omnicom variant is the exact same formula as the original covid -19 vax that was used for the first Wuhan virus and the next variants Alpha and Delta etc,

please explain

the natural infection has had a lot more positive effect if you read the data coming from Africa where huge % op people have been infected and only 15% to 20% have been vaccinated and yet somehow the infection rate is now down to nearly none and the death rate is also very low, the experts are putting it down to "Herd Immunity" now, there are always two side to things and just looking at only one side you never get the full picture

GR84UMR
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2022-04-25

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:18 pm

Yes simple, because it works & or continues to work for all variants of covid-19, or there'd be no further need to be vaccinated by the same vaccine as what were first given, in order of keeping the level of ones immunity to the disease side of covid-19 at its peak.
All vaccines tend to lose their efficacy over time requiring another jab.  No vaccine can give nor assure 100% efficacy/protection over a persons lifetime. We're just not to that level of medical advancement.
Natural infection might be shown to have a lot more positive affect/protection to the disease side of covi-19 over time, but at what cost to morbidity/death rates, not to mention any lingering long term damage covid-19 has been shown to have on many an unvaccinated person after surviving through covid-19.
The main thing here is that if anyone feels, the vaccinations for covid-19 do nothing in way of protecting the individual from the disease side of covid (not contraction) then by all means don't get vaccinated & take your chances.
No one on here is emphasising for anyone to go & get their jabs. Only ones GP or through ones own research/decision can recommend that. Then even after receiving professional medical advice, things don't happen to work out for the better, a bit to late then to take it up with your GP, the manufacturer of such a vaccine, or the government who recommends & allows such things to take place. For they are the ones in authority to deal with such matters & it were under their guidance one makes a decision to do or not to do.
As for me, I prefer building natural immunity to covid-19 but after knowing that I've been fully vaccinated for such.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  GR84UMR Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:50 pm

well you may believe it works and that's ok, but even Pfizer in there annual report to there shareholders are not sure that it works or that they will receive full approval because at the present time it only has emergency use approval (a trial) even if it is on a big scale it's still a trial

this is a very small part of what they say in there annual report to shareholders, you can go read there full report if you want

“We many not be able to demonstrate sufficient efficacy or safety of our COVID–19 vaccine and/or variant-specific formulations to obtain permanent regulatory approval in the United States the United Kingdom the European Union, or other countries where it has been authorized for emergency use or granted conditional marketing approval”

GR84UMR
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2022-04-25

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  Kon61gold Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:16 pm

Yes, yes, I hear what you are saying & what Pfizer are saying, but how does it help the individual when all the worlds governments continue to pay  $billions to bring this so called emergency use approval only vaccine & have it recommended as well as administered by the majority of the worlds medical profession, as a standard preventative measure to covid-19, if it served no purpose at all towards preventing people succumbing & dying from covid-19 & or its associated variants?
All governments squander tax payers money from time to time, over some cockamamie brain dead Idea that ends up failing miserably sometime or somewhere down the track, but to have the worlds governments thinking & performing in the same manner at the same time, cannot be coincidence.
No covid vaccine can be guaranteed to work 100% safely on the administered patient, nor offer full protection to covid-19 for that immunized patient.  This is not just what Pfizer states & makes clear, but all manufacturers of such vaccines state & make clear. There are casualties from any invention man makes, not alone on a vaccine that is made/produced within a year, whereas normal vaccine testing before any approval to a vaccine would normally require 5 to 7 years, before being officially recognised & approved for consumer use.
Mind you, no one can predict the future results of any new form of treatment taken, less over time, with a whole lot of patient testing.

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  GR84UMR Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:44 pm

there is no real answer that makes sense as to why near all the worlds governments continue to pay $billions

there was one country that did go against what the big Pharmaceutical company was demanding, and that was India and they did not get very much of the vaccine at all and in the end when the dust settled came out the other side with high rates of natural immunity in the population and just getting on with things.

a few countries with 4th and 5th boosters are still having high infection rates, so that in itself indicates the booster shots are not doing what they has said they will do, and it is predicted that the booster shots will need to be taken in ever shortening time frames, and the effective immunity is dwindling down to some say 3 to 10 weeks till it is virtually non effective hence the need for more boosters in quick succession

GR84UMR
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2022-04-25

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  mbasko Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:03 pm

GR84UMR wrote:there is no real answer that makes sense as to why near all the worlds governments continue to pay $billions

there was one country that did go against what the big Pharmaceutical company was demanding, and that was India and they did not get very much of the vaccine at all and in the end when the dust settled came out the other side with high rates of natural immunity in the population and just getting on with things.

a few countries with 4th and 5th boosters are still having high infection rates, so that in itself indicates the booster shots are not doing what they has said they will do, and it is predicted that the booster shots will need to be taken in ever shortening time frames, and the effective immunity is dwindling down to some say 3 to 10 weeks till it is virtually non effective  hence the need for more boosters in quick succession  
Where are you getting your false information GR8. Hopefully not via paid subscription Laughing
India's adult population recently passed the 86% fully vaccinated mark. The total population is over 61% vaccinated. They have vaccinated more people than any other country. All easily verifiable.


"“We many(sic) not be able to demonstrate sufficient efficacy or safety of our COVID–19 vaccine and/or variant-specific formulations to obtain permanent regulatory approval in the United States the United Kingdom the European Union, or other countries where it has been authorized for emergency use or granted conditional marketing approval”

In August 2021, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted full approval to the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for people 16 and older.
That statement is also not in their most recent quarterly shareholder release anywhere?
They do however say they are hoping to get approval for their oral covid vaccine in 94 low to middle income countries that will cover 53% of the world population.

And the reports you are quoting saying natural immunity is better than the vaccine. I'm guessing you've never actually read them because you only state the cherry picked misinformation from them.
Those reports actually found having Covid (natural immunity) then receiving a vaccine was the best protection.
Natural immunity on it's own was only marginally better protection over the vaccine.
But the biggest point the spreaders of misinformation don't tell you was that those reports also found catching Covid unvaccinated vastly increased the risks of health issues from Covid many times more than if you are vaccinated. So while having Covid then getting vaccinated was found to be the best protection no studies recommend catching Covid unvaccinated for the sake of natural immunity which offers only negligible protection over the vaccine & also wanes over time.
Again easily verifiable if you seek out the reports & read them yourself rather than the cherry picked misinformation provided on the sites you obviously frequent.

mbasko
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2017-05-14

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  Kon61gold Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:18 am

Covid-19 is what it is, things are what they are & there's nothing more any one of us can do to make things different in way of change regarding covid-19 or towards its related vaccines.
Arguing for the sake of arguing is getting us nowhere. So please give it a rest, before forcing my hand to put things to rest.

Management T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

planetcare likes this post

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  Firefly Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:02 am

Kon61gold wrote:Covid-19 is what it is, things are what they are & there's nothing more any one of us can do to make things different in way of change regarding covid-19 or towards its related vaccines.
Arguing for the sake of arguing is getting us nowhere. So please give it a rest, before forcing my hand to put things to rest.

Management T25  

With all due respect Ken, locking down the post/subject because you have had enough is unreasonable and abusive. The conversation for the most part has been civil and informative. It is good to read and learn how participants feel about this evolving subject. Exchanging differing views, ideas and information should not be considered grounds to stop all other forum members from participating in the conversation.

If you have had enough of the subject, stop reading or participating in the conversation. You should not arbitrarily and solely prevent all others from participating unless there is a breach of forum rules and then you can apply specific remedies to individuals or the content of individual posts.

Firefly
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron  Empty Re: COVID-19 vaccines induce immune response to Omicron

Post  Kon61gold Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:58 am

This is the main problem firefly. Unfortunate as it stands, It is my job to read all subjects/posts on this forum & If I have had enough of any subject/post, which tends to drag on for the purpose of anarchy/chaos alone, requires of me to deal with it.
So with all due respect, I've allowed you & GR84UMR to state down your one sided views on covid-19 to the point that you are now stirring argument, for the sake of argument alone, producing little if any credible viable facts/figures concerning covid-19, something of which I will no longer tolerate towards bringing further strife/demise to this forum.
Trying to use reverse psychology on me, by quoting back what I've stated down, you'll find doesn't quite work with me.  First & last warning. Smile

Management. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4367
Age : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

planetcare likes this post

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum