Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panning around Bright

3 posters

Go down

Panning around Bright Empty Panning around Bright

Post  the hill folk Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:20 pm

hey team........ heading up to Bright and as usual will have a bit of a pan...... just noticed on the web that all of the Ovens river, Buckland River and even Morses creek is listed as NO fossicking...... goodness that doesnt leave much or anywhere does it? Any advice or input here from anyone? I love my bit of panning but dont want a fine etc.... Maybe there are some little creeks I could go near there?.

the hill folk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2013-01-27

Back to top Go down

Panning around Bright Empty Re: Panning around Bright

Post  geof_junk Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:04 pm

I wonder who makes these rules and how they justify them, have they not seen the effects of dredging done in it's heyday or the blackberries around the area that are not contained. Remember those panning require a miners right and the small number that have, could do little damaged compared to historical damage.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

the hill folk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Panning around Bright Empty Re: Panning around Bright

Post  adrian ss Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:22 pm

Good luck trying to find a spot where you can legally be a free human being in Victorian gold fields. There is a law against everything.
People still go to Yackandandah  (Not all that far from Bright) to try their luck and pan for gold. A popular spot is "The Junction" where Clear Creek and Nine Mile Creek join to become Yackandandah Creek.
Reedy Creek is worth a try but stay away from the Falls area , keep an eye open for the Rangers and be ready to RRRUUUUUUUUNNNNNN.  and to jump into a Billibong singing "Walsing Matilda"  You,ll never take me alive sez he!!!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4356
Registration date : 2015-07-03

geof_junk and the hill folk like this post

Back to top Go down