Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prospecting near Bright, any ideas?

2 posters

Go down

Prospecting near Bright, any ideas? Empty Prospecting near Bright, any ideas?

Post  Feathers Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:31 am

Going to Bright, Vic soon, does anybody know of accessible creeks for panning that are legal and can get there without bush bashing.

Feathers
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-02-06

Back to top Go down

Prospecting near Bright, any ideas? Empty Re: Prospecting near Bright, any ideas?

Post  Axtyr Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:01 am

G'day Feathers.

I have panned in both the Ovens and Buckland rivers and still see many people panning in there. I have seen people panning around the sluiced area along the walking track on the edge of Bright using sluices and wheelbarrows. Quite busy they were.
I have looked at the various list of restricted rivers and can make no sense of it at all. Your best bet would be to go into the local Parks office and check with them.
Back in 1986 I managed to pan enough gold at one spot to get enough for our 2 wedding rings. Have been back several times, the latest in 2019 and still nothing has been washed back into that spot.

Good luck with your endeavour.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

geof_junk and Feathers like this post

Back to top Go down

Prospecting near Bright, any ideas? Empty Bright

Post  Feathers Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:02 am

Thanks Axtyr, I don't make a lot of sense with the list of exempt rivers either, I'm very tempted to pan the wrong rivers, but scared of getting caught. I tried growlers creek which is legal but the blackberries kept me out. I'll call in to the Parks office and see what their attitude is.

Feathers
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2021-02-06

Back to top Go down