Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heart was racing.

2 posters

Go down

Heart was racing. Empty Heart was racing.

Post  Axtyr Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:26 am

Another day out at Castlemaine. The first piece didn’t take too long to find and it was the usual tiny piece weighing 0.06 gram.
Heart was racing. Yri31Hh

Then came the heart thumper. The signal was undeniable. A sweet broad signal that indicated either a very large deep piece or a reasonably good size piece at a good depth.
I started scraping away the top debris and checked and the signal hadn’t changed. I then scraped the top of the clay and it was now that hard clay where I have been getting all my gold here. No pockets of soft ground that hold pellets, all hard clay. This needed a bit of digging to get to the signal. The first dig went down about 4 inches and the signal had increased significantly so it wasn’t going to be a very large piece. I hadn’t dug the hole very wide and the next dig only went down another couple of inches. Now it was out.
It was easy isolating it and when I got it in my hand the weight was a giveaway.
It weighed in at 8.8 grams of lead on the scales. Had it been a piece of gold it would have weighed about 15 grams.
Heart was racing. LgH4C4F

Disappointed as you can expect, but that’s the way it goes in this game. I never usually expect any signal to be gold but given it’s location in the harder clay it really had me excited as it got deeper.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

kiwijw, AnnieL, joe82, moredeep and fwdoz like this post

Back to top Go down

Heart was racing. Empty Re: Heart was racing.

Post  Kon61gold Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:37 pm

No doubt it would have had the heart racing Axtyr. Well done on the gold find. cheers  Regardless of type or size, we take what ever gold surprize is given to us, for its not advancements in metal detecting technology we lack, but ground containing gold within reach.
Cheers for the pictures & write up.

Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down