Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well There Goes Christmas.

5 posters

Go down

Well There Goes Christmas. Empty Well There Goes Christmas.

Post  adrian ss Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:01 am

Christmas for millions of people in Australia has been screwed by a few dead heads bringing covid into Northern Sydney. Probably by rich people arriving from overseas for the cancelled yacht race and now all of Sydney is off limits..
Why the hell are we allowing flights from America as well as China and Malaysia into Australia..........If ever there was going to be a price to pay for that stupidity then Murphy's Law says it would be paid at Christmas. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4330
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Well There Goes Christmas. Empty Re: Well There Goes Christmas.

Post  granite2 Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:44 pm

Adrian, it was bound to happen. This virus will be around for a long time. Even when we get vaccinated it will still be with us, just like the flu. Most people get their flu shots every year, we do, but last year around 800 people died from the flu. But the strange thing is we have heard of no deaths from flu this year, maybe it has to do with everyone sanitizing their hands several times a day.

My sister was a teacher and she advised me many years ago that the only way she avoided the flu was to wash her hands several times a day with hot soapy water. I took her advise and the last time I got the flu was way back in 1996 when I sat next to a woman on a plane who was sick as a dog from the flu.

While we currently have this pandemic we will get through it, hopefully before the next pandemic hits us. With almost 8 billion people on the planet we are going to see many more of these kinds of pandemics. The close together we live, as we do in cities, the more easy it is for virus to spread. In Australia we have been very lucky with comparitivily few deaths from this virus, next time we may not be so lucky. Hopefully the powers that be are gearing up for the next one using the experiences discovered fighting the current virus.

And it is silly to blame the pollies for all the deaths etc, they can only lay down the ground rules but you can lead a horse to water...

We can only hope for a better year ahead.

Merry Christmas

granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Nightjar and adrian ss like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:56 pm

The way things are going; By the time Australia begins vaccinations the virus will have mutated and the current vaccines won't work. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:05 pm

Adrian, it's Christmas. Let's have a bit of positive thinking rather than negative. If that happens we will take it as it comes and deal with it. What else can we do? No point in counting our virus before we get it. Smile
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  planetcare Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:43 pm

adrian ss wrote:The way things are going; By the time Australia begins vaccinations the virus will have mutated and the current vaccines won't work. Rolling Eyes

The mutations are causing a small amino acid sequence change in the covid spike protein which at this stage should not impair the efficiency of the  approved vaccines.But time will tell.

Last edited by planetcare on Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the word acid to amino to correct the grammar)

planetcare
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 739
Registration date : 2019-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:55 pm

planetcare wrote:
The mutations are causing a small amino sequence change in the covid spike protein which at this stage should not impair the efficiency of the  approved vaccines.But time will tell.

clown
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 am

From my understanding,the mutation has made the virus easier to contract, but it has not changed in severity,ie; you wont get any sicker from it .
Have a safe and merry Xmas and watch out for the mutants Holy Moly   affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

AnnieL and Reg Wilson like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:44 pm

Nightjar wrote:
planetcare wrote:
The mutations are causing a small amino sequence change in the covid spike protein which at this stage should not impair the efficiency of the  approved vaccines.But time will tell.

clown

I have a good "protein spike" every day like some of these.......Maybe that is why some people call me infectous. Laughing Laughing Laughing

lean meats – beef, lamb, veal, pork, kangaroo.
poultry – chicken, turkey, duck, emu, goose, bush birds.
fish and seafood – fish, prawns, crab, lobster, mussels, oysters, scallops, clams.
eggs.
dairy products – milk, yoghurt (especially Greek yoghurt), cheese (especially cottage cheese)
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:42 pm

it might be your smile that's infectious Adrian What a Face Laughing Laughing

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:21 am

Yeah that's it!! I shoulda known,,,Silly me....  V26 in the gold fields and happy Christmas and new Year to everyone  santa cheers and hope that we can all do a bit more of this in days and years to come. Camp Fire plus a bit more of  Q19 with our wives and partners.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

AnnieL and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down