Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bush Camping/Detecting over Summer

2 posters

Go down

Bush Camping/Detecting over Summer Empty Bush Camping/Detecting over Summer

Post  PeterInSa Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:03 am

Friend with a 20Ft Tandem Caravan and roof top Air Con has purchased the items below for when its hot at night in a CP or else where and he cannot run the generator to drive the air con and he wants to get to sleep.

He has tried it out and very happy with the result, and the small ice blocks will hopefully fit in the unit.

Will probably get a similar set just in case, maybe OK for our 22Ft caravan but don’t know re our Mercedes Benz 6.5m High Roof Sprinter Campervan,( both have roof air cons) don’t want the roof to rust out from the inside like some Nissan and Coaster motorhomes, but if only used in dry hot air locations for minimal time should be OK. In the past I have taken the Sprinter on my own thru bush tracks in the Vic GT for week long detecting trips in early summer and hopefully in the future when the temperature is under 24deg.

www.cheapaschips.com.au/products/ea3539

www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html

We have 2 Sirocco fans in the caravan and 1 in the Sprinter, they do a good job and are quiet, but when its hot, they still just move warm air hence the evap unit above for sleeping.

https://www.outbackequipment.com.au/caframo-sirocco-ii-12-24v-white

I know there are some hardy souls amongst us that detect/bush camp in summer and this item may help for a good nights sleep, mate tells me they are quiet and don’t take a lot of power so when they run out of water just act as a fan so you don’t need to turn them off until morning.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Bush Camping/Detecting over Summer Empty Re: Bush Camping/Detecting over Summer

Post  granite2 Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:26 am

Hi Peter, how do your like your Sprinter? We love ours and just bought one of those little evaporator type air conditioners. It does well in our Sprinter but I reckon it would struggle in anything bigger. We spent two weeks in Tibooburra this year and a further 13 weeks touring SA, NSW and Qld in the sprinter and never had to use our air conditioner but Vic in the Summer is a different matter. Merry ⛄🎄
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Bush Camping/Detecting over Summer Empty Re: Bush Camping/Detecting over Summer

Post  PeterInSa Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:29 am

Jim, Had our Sprinter Campervan for about 7 years its great, but a Campervan not like your MH, but it has all the mods incl shower/loo/sat dish/solar. To get the room we have the Table that drops down to a double bed, just takes a few minutes to put up/down. We use the caravan for long detecting trips to WA and Vic and Tib and rarely go away in Summer. Merry Christmas to you and Cheryl

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down