Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab SD2000, what's it worth?

+2
PeterInSa
Golden-oldie
6 posters

Go down

Minelab SD2000, what's it worth? Empty Minelab SD2000, what's it worth?

Post  Golden-oldie Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:00 am

I'm thinking of selling my SD2000 and was interested to know how much it's worth these days (no mod)
I also have the following coils with it:
450mm deep search coil, 250mm mono elliptical, 280mm & 210mm round coils.
Also have a Nugget Finder II signal enhancer, 240v and 12v battery chargers, reasonably new battery and waterproof plastic headphones, webbing bumbag and harness and if I can find it the swing arm.
Thinking of selling some of my gear as I'm up for 2 knee replacement surgeries in 2021 so it might be a while before I get to use the detector again, so I would appreciate all thoughts on it.
Do I keep it?
Do I get it modded, I was always going to get around to it :-) but never did, I even have some components to do it.
OR Sell it?

Golden-oldie
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-10-01

xk522400 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Minelab SD2000, what's it worth? Empty Re: Minelab SD2000, what's it worth?

Post  PeterInSa Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:12 pm

G.O, My opinion, is that if you are detecting in WA and Short of the reddies, I would look at buying a NF Coil and use the SD2000, (but confirm with NF that it will be suitable) the NF coil could be later used on a ML45 or a ML5000 so could be sold on, when you finally sell the 2000.

If you like walking in the bush with a detector, keeping/using the 2K is not a problem, as to me the 2000 was the best preforming detector that ML ever produced and was a game changer. However as you know there have been countless other PI machines since then ie the 2100, 2200, 3000, 3500, 4000,4500, 5000, 7000 and the 2300 ( all but the 4000 and 5000 I have owned), and most likely except in WA the places you will detect in SA,Vic and NSW have been done over by operators with the later machines ( and have missed gold).

So if your hearing like mine is not 100% and you still want to detect, and find gold that others have missed in the central/eastern states, I think selling the 2000 and coils and purchasing a second hand 2300 ( one was selling at our last club meeting for $2500 ( to members)) or a second hand 4500, after your knee ops, or B4 knee ops if a bargain pops up..

Other Gold finders that could be considered are the Equinox 800 and the Gold Monster 1000 both around $1000.

I would try for $500 for the SD2000 and coils, but be prepared to settle for less, and just B4 Easter then B4 Winter is the better time to sell..

I appreciate that others may have a different opinion, but I value my time ( unlike kids and grand kids... Pop can you do this/help me... )and would like to use a machine that is most likely to provide the best results/enjoyment.

Peter

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

xk522400 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:42 pm

I have a vague memory that some one said they installed a quick track button on the 2000,if that's possible and true
then that would make it a handy second back up detector,and it would also increase it's price??
Manually balancing the 2000 was a pain in the backside.
can anyone clarify this?

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:17 pm

Mick, known as (Mechanic) on this forum, would be the one to best answer that one moredeep.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:52 pm

Thanks kon,it may have been Axtyr that mentioned about adding a quick track button to a detector.
?which one though.

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:51 pm

It certainly wasn't me Moredeep.

I did some of the mods on mine and the ones I wasn't going to do, Mick did for me when he replaced a blown component. No quick track button on mine.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Minelab SD2000, what's it worth? Empty Quick track

Post  Dozer Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:11 pm

Dozer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:35 pm

G’day All,

I’m pretty sure that the SD2000 & SD2100 were manual ground balance only. Therefore I don’t think there would be a way to fit a quick track button.

Cheers.

Mike. santa

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:05 pm

Axtyr wrote:It certainly wasn't me Moredeep.

I did some of the mods on mine and the ones I wasn't going to do, Mick did for me when he replaced a blown component. No quick track button on mine.

Regards Axtyr.
dam! ye old grey matter is playing tricks on me again Laughing Laughing 
I knew you mentioned something about a mod axtyr.
It would be a great machine with a quick track button though.
There's money in it for someone who could do it????

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Minelab SD2000, what's it worth? Empty Minelab SD2000, what's it worth?

Post  Golden-oldie Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:51 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have considered selling my 2000 but for what it's worth 2nd hand I think I am better off keeping it and just having it as a back up detector, or for anyone who might come on a trip with me as company. (female)
There are always going to be newer models come up for sale and with this Covid 19 Pandemic situation I'm not venturing out far anyway so will wait for later this year 2021 and see about buying something newer as suggested.
Since I'm in Queensland and don't get away much lately & I haven't been over to WA since 1999, (wow that long)! My next decent detecting trip will be to Clermont Western Qld hopefully next spring. It gets pretty cold out there too, anyone on here from Clermont?
I will head out for the Gemfest as well and have some fun.

Cheers all & thanks again for responses, I don't post much, mostly read others posts, as a wise man once told me " It's better to keep your mouth shut, say nothing and let others think you a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

Golden-oldie
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-10-01

rockhunter62 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:24 pm

On the contrary Golden-oldie, for a fool is considered wise when keeping his trap shut, but only till he opens his mouth & decides to join in on the conversation. Shocked Laughing
Can one find without seeking?  Can doors open to people without knocking on them? So neither will one get answers to questions, without questioning. There is no such thing as a dumb question, (for the one asking, might not know any better) but how foolish is he, who knows the answer to that question, but replies in a silly manner.  
No matter how silly one might think their question be, no member on here should fear to ask questions, in regards to the prospecting for gold/coins/relics game, in the hope of finding an answer to their question, for this is what forums such as this are here for.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

xmas tree and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down