Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Youtube Gold Vids for the Z

4 posters

Go down

Youtube Gold Vids for the Z Empty Youtube Gold Vids for the Z

Post  PeterInSa Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:58 am

Over the self Isolation's from visiting Vic and later NSW Gold fields and the recent SA shutdown had a look at a number of Z Vids on Youtube, to me some are good and some not worth watching. I like the vids that show/discuss the country they are detecting along with the EMI and ground mineralisation, but especially their Z settings then the sound of the nug/rubbish, then the depth of the signal when found. I am not into hearing the signal sound and watching someone dig for 5 minutes to find the nugget.

It a bit like watching fishing shows on TV, watching someone haul in a fish again and again without discussing their rig or location its not for me. Nenad and a couple of others that I cannot think of at the moment do good Youtube vids, and I appreciate the Tips that JP puts on his thread, see below, I probably need to revisit his tips prior to an outing so I can remember/use, them as my normal setting is HY/diff..

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/11949-jp%E2%80%99s-gold-thread/#comments

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

xmas tree likes this post

Back to top Go down

Youtube Gold Vids for the Z Empty Re: Youtube Gold Vids for the Z

Post  Kon61gold Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:49 pm

G'day Pete

Yes there are a lot of video's on YouTube (few well made, most not so well made) that explain what the detector operator is going through or experiencing at the time of an in-ground target discovery, but putting in the ground time yourself, stopping to experiment with ones detector/coil combo, the moment of hearing an inground target response, is the key to a knowledgeable successful, detector operator.
Metal detecting like most hobbies etc, is not rocket science & neither should it be misunderstood for such. Although time consuming,  going over ones detector manual from time to time, then putting in the ground time via research & experimentation, is the key to understanding what your detector/settings, over a particular in ground size/type target, is or is not telling you. What one person may consider as normal everyday detector settings for them, may not be so normal or useful to another.
Lets face it, how many people get an in-ground positive target signal response, & instead of jumping in head first quickly trying to dig the target out, actually stop/pause to go out of their way, experimenting over that in ground target response, via the changing of ones settings?
This is what separates a good knowledgeable operator, from the bad & the ugly.
As a detectorist, I need not know the science or reasoning behind how or why the detector is managing to achieve this or that, but more so of what detector settings work best for me (on any given day) over that in-ground target response, found in or over a particular type/stretch of ground.
Anyone when asked can tell you what settings/coil combo they were using upon discovering or hearing a particular size/type of in ground target, over a certain section or type of ground on any given day, if only all the ground & its constantly changing in/on ground variables, were the same from one day to the next. So the timings/settings or even coil combo used yesterday, over a certain stretch of ground or mineralized ground, might not be very useable today, necessitating a change in detector/coil settings.
It is the ground one intends on detecting over, on any particular day or time of day, that best determines what coil/settings to use, according to the size/type targets, one intends on searching for.
Having or using ones favourite settings/coil day in day out, thinking or believing that the coil settings/timings in use, will suffice for most occasions or all situations, is a gross understatement, guaranteeing one of leaving gold behind, for another to find.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

moredeep and PeterInSa like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:36 pm

I have tried watching some of these videos of people proudly digging flyshit and displaying specks that need a magnifying glass to see. I would prefer to watch paint drying. I would be embarrassed to post that crap. Even some of our self proclaimed gold gurus are posting this mind numbing drivel. Some folks are easily entertained.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 624
Registration date : 2012-05-14

geof_junk and xmas tree like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gim Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:45 pm

Hi PETERINSA what do you want full broadway production, with dancing girls and a brass band, and you Reg Wilson, lets see your finds [if any] people like to see any gold being found flyshit or ozs, its easy being an arm chair critic.

gim
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-30

AraratGold and AnnieL like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:46 am

Fellas, could we please not let this topic stray or get out of hand?

Management. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:34 pm

gim, Re Reg Wilson, I may not agree with his comments sometimes, but of my friends and acquaintances he has by far found the most gold, well over 100's of ounces, not so much lately that I know of but in the good old days where big finds were a lot more common than today. I think he spends more time these days developing detector technology.

I am into digging Flyshit its better than lead shot and vids that can improve my technique are appreciated.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  gim Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:17 pm

No worries Peter, i would say 9 out 10 people are only finding flyshit, most of the big nuggets are long gone as are the good old days, you would be quite surprised what people ask me why do i detect this way, what settings i use, clothing i wear, boots, what pick do i use, i may not be a Spielberg or Stanley Kubrick but if prospectors get anything out of what i put out there i am glad, anyway when Reg was picking up his big nuggets i dont think a box brownie had a video format on it lol!

gim
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Nightjar likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:38 pm

Oh yes very droll gim, but I still find reasonable gold, I just would not bother posting fly poop. The last nugget worth bragging about was found about three years ago and was 27ozs. I guess you have no trouble topping that. I couldn't give a toss about your boots or fashion sense, but if that's how you get your jollies, good for you.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gim Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:46 pm

No prizes for second Reg

gim
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Reg Wilson Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:05 pm

What I find hugely amusing is the number of 'trainers' that have not found enough gold to fill a rotten tooth, but are out there spruiking their expertise, making videos, and charging people for tours and tuition. I know of a few that fill this description, and even had one idiot offer me training because I disagreed with some of the crap he was spruiking on Facebook.
Seems this is the age of shonkies and frauds, where anonymity protects the pretenders from scrutiny.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:18 am

Gentlemen, I won't keep repeating myself. Let It go, or I'll be forced to shut this topic/thread down. There are more important things in life to consider.
gim, I wouldn't worry to much about what Reg has found in the past, or what he has found lately, for I can assure you, if you're talking gold finds (past or present) he puts most of us to shame.
As for the one to many humbugs, fraudsters, charlatans & shenanigans appearing In this day & age, I can't help but to agree, but, lets not take things any further here than what we have to hey?  Laughing

Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Reg Wilson likes this post

Back to top Go down