Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equinox 600

Go down

Equinox 600 Empty Equinox 600

Post  adrian ss on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:01 pm

Going to give an EQ 600 a try out soon. Will see how it stacks up against my Safari, Gold Bug DP, TDI & SDC 2300 at the beach.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2890
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Equinox 600 Empty equinox

Post  mogy on Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 am

Hi Adrian    how about including the Vallon in your  test ?

mogy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Equinox 600 Empty Re: Equinox 600

Post  adrian ss on Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:29 am

I can do that....

When? is the big question.
I won't have the 600 for several days yet.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter on Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:16 am

Hi Adrian,
Good to hear you've got the 600.
If memory serves me correctly, the 600 doesn't come with Bluetooth headset, only a wired headset. If you want to get a Bluetooth headset, ensure that it has APT-X functionality to minimise lag.

If you want to use your own headsets wirelessly, you will need to obtain a WM-08 wireless module to connect to the 600. Details here: WM-08

The 800 has the WM-08 module supplied standard and not many people use it as they prefer the Bluetooth headsets so it's possible you will be able to pick up a used module on facebook/gumtree/ebay.

I should add that the equinox allows you to turn up the signal volume to hear targets better over the sound of the surf.

Enjoy the Equinox.

Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:00 pm

600 arrived this morn.
Some quick testing shows it as an ok machine. Noise cancel works very well on mains interference, random EMI upsets it a bit and sensitivity is ok.
    It is not screaming fantastic at me but is pretty good. See how we go when I get a chance to take it into the field and to the beach. Weather is crap at the moment.

adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:57 pm

29/10/20
Have given the 600 a couple of runs at Pine Island and it is quite good  and can locate 20 cents at up to 45+ cm in dry river sand with sensitivity at 21 and in Park 1 mode. This figure is close enough to my in air test on this coin.
TID is not accurate until a coin size  target is 6 to 8 inches from the coil (11 in DD ), any deeper and you get multiple hits and jumpy TID figures.
   I do not like the pinpoint mode, signal is too broad and can be a bit vague at times.
The pre set modes are nice and quiet and work well enough over a wide range of mineralisation but setting correct ground balance and tweaking the sensitivity,  disc ranges and recovery speed can improve things a bit.
With Recovery Speed at setting 3 the target signal appears close to the coil centre during a sweep but at 1 or 2 the signal appears to the left or right of centre depending on sweep direction and sweep speed.
  Nice machine and pretty difficult to go wrong with this detector.
If you are used to swinging an Infinium, Vallon VMH, spectrum xlt or sea Hunter etc you will think the 600 is a feather. At one and bit kilos it nearly floats away on the breeze.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk, bicter, AnnieL, akko, Mike54 and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum