Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some help with tengraph

5 posters

Go down

Need some help with tengraph Empty Need some help with tengraph

Post  justoverthehill Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:52 am

Hi everyone.
Im looking to head out with the family for a prospecting adventure in a months time and just wondering how do i find crown land to detect on with tengraph? We will be heading out past kalgoorlie and on tengraph i see lots of pending and active leases but cant find areas that say crown reserve or similar? I did notice that there are some areas that are just plain white areas with no leases on them at all, does this mean that is crown land? If anyone could point me in the right direction i would be extremely great full!

justoverthehill
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-09-01

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Need some help with tengraph Empty Re: Need some help with tengraph

Post  rockhunter62 Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Pretty sure that most of it is crown land anyway. The white areas are Untenemented Crown Land (UCL) however will most likely have a pastoral lease on it.

Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

moredeep and justoverthehill like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Just Over,
I use Telegraph just prior to going to WA and up to 2 years ago used the old version not the latest so I am not up to date with the latest and have not gone to WA this year so am not up speed with Telegraph ( each year it’s a relearn). In the past I have picked out 5 or 6 sites and applied for a 40E’s, I try to get close to old mine sites, some of my selections in years past have been real bummers others great. We also look at pending with less success ( probably because we have not spent the time there). But with the significant cost increase of the 40E and my hit/miss selections we may in the future select less 40E’s and when over in WA apply for better ground and detect on the selected 40E while waiting for the applied for 40E with the 3 weeks wait B4 detecting. Part of the 40E process is to inform the Lease holders of your intentions, ditto the pastoral companies, I call/visit the pastoral manager prior to entry, just in case they have not received my form from headoffice ( also so they can avoid our camp if roo shooting ).

Re The White Areas … No leases.. I like to Fish where the Fish are, there maybe gold in them there hills on the white areas,  but as we are not from WA we try and detect where the possibilities are better for the time we are over there we give them a miss unless we come across them driving to a location.

I like the salt and pepper ground (quartz and Ironstone) especially arears with chunks of rock with Q an I mixed up like a Christmas pudding.
We also use Australian Geology Travel Maps on my Smart Phone and Tablet ( 1 cost for both items, ditto Mate and His wife). Shows you the ground geology as you drive along tracks and provides info on leases etc and where you are on a lease. To me it’s a great app.( data/info can be download you do not need to have an Internet connection in the bush)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=solutions.trilobite.ausgeology&hl=en_AU

Fruit Phones also have a version on Apply Play

I don’t know what detectors you will be using, but suggest a GM1000 or a Nox800 and if you can afford the outlay a second hand ML 2300 and or a ML 4500.
If you go for the adventure and any gold found is a bonus you should have a great time.

Peter

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

moredeep and justoverthehill like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Mate shoot for the pending areas. They're the blue ones. Plenty of very good pending around Kalgoorlie at the moment. Best of luck

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-04-14

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  goldmuss78 Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:19 pm

There was an app you could pay for which had all the tenements on it and it was super easy to navigate, but wasn't quite as up to date as gov tengraph, anyone have an idea what its called?
i forget whats its called sadly.

goldmuss78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-05-07

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Australian Geology Travel Maps and The Happy Prospector apps. Both need to be updated while you have mobile network. I use the Travel Maps most of the time, just download whatever data layers you want on the app.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

goldmuss78 and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  goldmuss78 Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 pm

That's it rockhunter62, good work. I was using the happy prospector for a while, easy to use.
cheers

goldmuss78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  justoverthehill Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:00 am

Thanks for the replies guys!! @PeterInSa we will most likely be taking a GPX4500 and a 5000 with us and ill download the Geo app and check it out. Yes gold will definitely be a bonus! if we manage to strike it rich i might be able to persuade my missus in a new job career hahaha but all in all it will be good to get out and camp under the stars!! haven't been camping for a good 10+ years!

justoverthehill
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2020-09-01

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down