Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stevens gully moliagul

+3
golden oldy
moredeep
tirp56
7 posters

Go down

stevens gully moliagul Empty stevens gully moliagul

Post  tirp56 Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:36 pm

hi guys if you want to have a look at what dwelp are up to go and have a dekko at stevens gully they have cut down heaps of young ironbark trees and thrown them into the gully over hundreds of metres just so we cant prospect also as far as im concerned its just wanton destruction by this government department and someone should be made accountable for it and they reckon we do damage weve got nothing on them

tirp56
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

stevens gully moliagul Empty Re: stevens gully moliagul

Post  moredeep Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Be interesting to see what their reason for doing it was,did any one contact them?,did you get any photos?
It's hard not to jump to conclusions Rolling Eyes

cheers   moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  golden oldy Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:51 pm

I was in that area earlier on in the year and seen first hand the damage they did to the diggings and surrounding area. The trees were all along the gully making it really awkward to detect, and without saying the damage they caused to the diggings as well. Plus any damage that would happen with wood collectors trying to retrieve the trees from the gully as well, not there fault. So much for them wanting a heritage area if they keep doing this sort of crap, or are they going to blame detectorist. I will try to get photo.s when i can. Cheers Steve
golden oldy
golden oldy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  goldmuss78 Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:08 am

Nobody will be held accountable, sadly this is a classic example of present day victoria.

goldmuss78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  yellowmellow Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:46 pm

yep its alot of other ways theres a screw up something not done thats not right and no accountable or oweing up either. Welcome to Victoria in 2020.
yellowmellow
yellowmellow
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1695
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

stevens gully moliagul Empty stevens gully moliagul

Post  ozgold 041 Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:40 pm

Hello Members.

My how times change.
I know this gully well, its name really is Stevenson’s Gully, and back in the late 80’s an old mate of mine found an 8oz nugget there, not long after this, another bloke found a 23oz slug.

Then my old mate pegged a claim there, it came through after a few months, with a $5,000 bond attached.

Another friend and I helped Len detect there, as the ground to the side of the gully was scraped by a F/E loader back-hoe.

Not much more was found over the next 6 months of part time weekend work, just a few ounces. So, after Len reclaimed the ground as directed, he handed it in and waited for his bond money to be returned.

After a couple of months, he chased up the Mines Department once more for the money, Len was told that the field inspector had noted on his report, that the machine had knocked off a couple of branches from a gum tree on the claim area.

On checking this out, we found a stump off to the side had two x 6” branches of coppice growth knocked down to the ground. We cleaned this up, (Fire wood), and burnt the tops left over.

Len re-applied for the Bond, the Department held up payment for another 3 months, eventually sending him a cheque in the mail.

Regards ozgold 041

ozgold 041
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2013-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:53 pm

The Pmav is now looking into this and hopefully with photos will get to the bottom of it.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

stevens gully moliagul Empty And then they do this

Post  maurifree Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:07 am

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/politics/news-story/164dbbb27caf892e3b171f510983fce9

tirp56 wrote:hi guys if you want to have a look at what dwelp are up to go and have a dekko at stevens gully they have cut down heaps of young ironbark trees and thrown them into the gully over hundreds of metres just so we cant prospect also as far as im concerned its just wanton destruction  by this government department and someone should be made accountable for it and they reckon we do damage weve got nothing on them
maurifree
maurifree
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2018-11-14

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:52 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  maurifree Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:54 pm

Yep we get the government that the majority voted for. Democracy in action.

davsgold wrote:It's unbelievable, the government can get away with destroying heritage listed buildings and other stuff from convict days that was built, and now because it is in the way of development for roads/rail or what ever else they see fit, it can be removed/destroyed, but if an individual wants to do something, look out, no way on earth can that happen, well not without a hell of a lot of money being paid to some Government authority.

cheers dave  
maurifree
maurifree
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2018-11-14

pablop likes this post

Back to top Go down