Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using a Drone for Potential 40E Sites

4 posters

Go down

Using a Drone for Potential 40E Sites Empty Using a Drone for Potential 40E Sites

Post  PeterInSa Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:39 pm

Last year was in some very rough country, doing a look around, high Hills about 1Km away, mate and self walked up to see whats was on the other side, in this instance it was just for the view, at the time I though how good it would be to use a drone for the checkout.

We generally head to the WA with 5 or 6, 40E's next time maybe 3, with 40E's put in while over there, so maybe a potential for a drone, for on the ground research. Not to sure about the Line of sight limitation though.

Then its the training on a cheaper unit, and an expensive unit that can go XKm and then there's the birds of prey, that think your drone is a food source.

Anybody using a drone for a similar exercise, as per below but probably not for a 40E in the US. ( as compared to a lease holder checking out intruders)

And how much do you use it, as I am not into photography/Blogs/Youtube vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S78PqtTQWOA&list=PL7FvYBPtUybV8l9TjMHCrNnKm-dW3B3VI

Peter

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Using a Drone for Potential 40E Sites Empty Re: Using a Drone for Potential 40E Sites

Post  joe82 Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:08 am

we use a DJ mavric pro for mustering wild pigs out to us for disposal they are about $1500ish and have a range of around 7km with a half hr flight time on one battery but yeah the hawks do find them interesting Shocked

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Using a Drone for Potential 40E Sites Empty Re: Using a Drone for Potential 40E Sites

Post  flouro Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:49 am

Hi Pete sa,

Food for thought, we went to do our 40E this year and got told that because last year everyone was getting them and some a lot with not all of them utilized that they were putting the prices up to $90 for each one to lower the work load for them

Your probably thinkin what i'm thinkin ...from twenty five dollars to ninety dollars to lower their work load and to make us get only what we need....thats fluckin price gouging if i ever heard it....it's just not right and there seems to be nothing we can do about it..and i know Les from APLA has tried

The system sucks, in my opinion

Cheers,Ron

flouro
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterInSa Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:34 pm

Yes I appreciate the Price Increase Ron, the WA Mines Dept probably wants to recover some of their costs, have been in their Leonora ShopFront when the staff have been helping Newbies out as well as doing 40E's.

In the past have picked some sandy areas/swampie areas and.. and.. so am looking at being more carefull in my future selection.

Peter

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:29 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  flouro Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:40 pm

Hi Davsgold,

We had ours in a week before they shut it all down and no go, and no provisions for refunds as yet but ours is pending and will probably get processed when and if everything opens up again...still think ninety dollars especially if you have to take out several for the season it becomes a burden when you cannot reclaim the money back on tax..its getting to the stage of having to own your own lease to get thru all the crap

Cheers, Ron

flouro
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:48 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  tony p Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:29 am

flouro wrote:Hi Davsgold,

We had ours in a week before they shut it all down and no go, and no provisions for refunds as yet but ours is pending and will probably get processed when and if everything opens up again...still think ninety dollars especially if you have to take out several for the season it becomes a burden when you cannot reclaim the money back on tax..its getting to the stage of having to own your own lease to get thru all the crap

Cheers, Ron

I know 'money is money'...but a 40E costs less than a couple of grams of gold.....2'5months detecting for three people....it's pretty good I reckon!!
More research and choosing the 'right' areas is better prospecting anyway and it will now save you money. If a 40E permit cost a few hundred bucks they would still be good value. Just my opinion

tony p
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2018-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  flouro Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi All,

I suppose it's all relevant, but things have got to add up, in our case last year was a flop with less than a couple of ounces ended up going back home early

If you are on gold nothing really matters, you keep thinkin how big, how much not being worried about a ninety dollar fee

This last summer i've made an effort, besides getting jobs done that i should've got done years ago like painting gables and putting up seventy meters of fencing, new oven, retic source a new car from two wrecks from Pickles Auctions etc etc...i made us a drywasher and a towcoil also i'm making a rock pulverizer for a 5"grinder....and with that buying the missus a reasonably cheap GPZ seven thousand   ....means we should be able to find a bit of yellow to pay for those fees that i keep wingin about aye

This Carona virus better hurry up and dissapate or i will run out of things to do

Cheers,Ron

PS: My brother has bought the Mavic pro for prospecting, i'm sceptical as to it's ability to help find gold but as for being bushed out there it would help to find where you are and find away out...we shall find out soon

'

Last edited by flouro on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : topic related)

flouro
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down