Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bendigo Gold Expo

5 posters

Go down

Bendigo Gold Expo Empty Bendigo Gold Expo

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 am

The Bendigo Gold Expo is on again next year.
wombat Wink

Bendigo Gold Expo 78527110

Back to top Go down

Bendigo Gold Expo Empty Re: Bendigo Gold Expo

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:01 pm

This is the TV advertising for the Gold Expo
wombat Wink https://www.facebook.com/108149194004115/videos/777792729396297/UzpfSTIxNTIyMDMyODgzMjk1MzM6Vks6ODg3NjA5ODgxNjg2NDgx/?comment_id=887630855017717&notif_id=1583733255202780&notif_t=group_comment

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:58 am

G'day all,
Does anyone know if the Gold Expo will still be on? T10
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:38 pm

The organiser Brad sent emails saying it will be still on regardless of the current happenings. Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:24 pm

Thanks Bruce,i'll be at my sister's place in Bendigo that weekend,and was looking forward to going,but with the latest news re the virus,i've got a feeling it will be cancelled Crying or Very sad
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:21 am

G'Day Sharkbait, You are right I had a phone call from the organiser this morning to say that it is deferred to a date yet to be decided. Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:46 pm

Oh well. If you don't catch this bug from the expo you will catch it from the local super market or when you go out for fish n chips or have a game of tennis, or have a cafe meal, or when somebody coughs in your general direction or when you collect change from a check out chick. So many thousands of ways of getting this or any other virus.

CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza (Table 1).Jan 8, 2020

So far, 16,000 people have died and 280,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.Feb 22, 2020

Flu Kills 646,000 People Worldwide Each Year: Study. Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year, according to a new estimate that's higher than the previous one of 250,000 to 500,000 deaths a year.

All this happens yearly and we do not break into panic buying up of bloody dunny rolls. Why is this ? Well likely it is because the media do not plaster it all over the air waves in an out burst of frenzied dramatized BS like what they have done with thi latest particular Corona virus. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Adrian, if this (as you say) spreading of news through the media over corona virus, were not as important as the flue/influenza killing so many, then why  spend $37 million on advertising by our government telling us to follow strict hygiene instructions? Why not spend the same amounts warning people of the effects/consequences influenza has every year?  Ask yourself why is the government panicking so much? Why not keep it all quiet & life continue to proceed as normal? I'll tell you why, because it is more serious than influenza, & when corona combines with the peak of influenza season & people are dropping like flies, then you can ask the government/media, "why were we not warned, why was no action taken?" Shocked
You know as well as I do the people are always the last to be told the truth by governing authorities, but with over 100 countries infected with corona virus overseas & the many deaths surrounding it, can't all be lying & we only hear about the ones recorded as dying from corona.
No Adrian, corona virus should not be considered as BS hype by media. As a matter of fact, I am glad our government is taking all steps, to keep this virus from spreading, as well as the media keeping all us informed.
Now as for why people go into a frenzy of panic buying? Simple, because when fear takes over, all logic/common sense goes out the window.
Take care out there all.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:47 pm

It does not matter what steps the Gov takes, the spread of this virus and any other virus cannot be halted for as long as people are free to travel this planet.

37 million on advertising. What the hell has that done to help? Aside from cause panic

The panic buying is insane and now those nit wits who have been led to believe that they will have to stay indoors for two weeks or more in self isolation which will achieve nothing at all because when they get back on the streets the problem will commence again are now stocking up on everything that they can jam into their houses and fridges and freezers. This is resulting in mass shortages of some essential items that have been snapped up by a select group of greedy brain dead low life's who are willing to beat each other to pulp over a bloody dunny roll in a super market isle....For crying out loud what the hell is going on in their tiny minds. These shortages would not have happened if people just shopped as per normal.

I have had the flu once in my lifetime to date about 37 years ago and it was so bad that to this day I feel that I never fully recovered from it. This corona virus is a walk in the park compared to that. 80% of people infected hardly even notice any symptoms and recover from it without even knowing they had it.

At the super market today we went to do our normal shopping run and due to manic buying by numb nuts, we and many others who have not panicked by this cv were not able to satisfy a very basic shopping list.

Man can you imagine what would be happening if there was a serious outbreak that was killing everybody infected.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:08 pm

Q15 Q33 T04 T06
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:08 pm

Bendigo Gold Expo 90286510

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:30 pm

I'm guessing why this little bug is such a danger is that it may not be seasonal.
Very warm still,and it's still spreading
I just don't want to see our senior people cop it.Slowing it down is a no brainer.
When every one has had their fill [super market shopping] so to speak,then things will return to normality in the shopping department?
Stores will restock,people who panic bought will live of their hoardings.
Problem is super markets may have to put staff of because it may be a little bit slower trade than usual??

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:33 pm

No inconvenience at all Wombat ,common sense prevailing.
Thanks for the heads up Smile

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down