Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure...

+7
hugh62
avon g
Sharkbait
joe82
Kon61gold
deutran
piston broke
11 posters

Go down

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Empty A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure...

Post  Guest Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:18 am

Haven't posted much lately, too busy at my day job, the one that pays for the money I lose prospecting... Very Happy

Thought I'd share a few little samples of some I've dug up lately... my gold gettin rig and the view when I stop swinging coil at night..... (I usually don't have the black box on the back but this was an extended duration trip and I had extra gear to take).

Jen

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Gold10
A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Gold210
A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Unadju10
A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Img_3910
A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Unadju11
A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... _stora10

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... 20171010
A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Sunet10

Back to top Go down

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Empty Re: A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure...

Post  piston broke Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:44 am

Wonderful report Jen. Love the wheels on that Quad bike Very Happy  Well done on the gold, cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Empty Re: A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure...

Post  Guest Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:54 pm

piston broke wrote:Wonderful report Jen. Love the wheels on that Quad bike Very Happy  Well done on the gold, cheers Pete.

Cheers... thanks Pete... (subbed to your youtube channels).

Jen

I don't do much video uploading but threw a couple up... I find so much trash in this area I never start the camera before digging but they're honest finds. (Note, I find that it weighs more if you slam the nugget onto the scale... LOL (it was a long day and I'd just driven back to Vegas from the gold fields and was half asleep)).

Last edited by jjbond on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:03 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Thanks Jen for a great post,your hard work has paid off with some lovely finds.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 pm

deutran wrote:Thanks Jen for a great post,your hard work has paid off with some lovely finds.

Thank you kind sir... my dog taught me everything I know. Very Happy

There are a couple others at this link, with another little vid:

http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/topic/13500-thank-you-chris-azo-great-customer-service/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Well done Jen. It looks like your killing it over there. Very nice gold and great vid's.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 pm

Q33 Well done. Thanks for sharing some of your gold adventures with us & best of luck to you all out there, prospecting for the golden ointment Jen. cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:37 am

nice gold mate done well Very Happy how do you find the solid tyres on your quad??? not to bumpy

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:40 pm

joe82 wrote:nice gold mate done well Very Happy how do you find the solid tyres on your quad??? not to bumpy

Thanks everyones... appreciate the support... I'm about to head back out for the next few months (my job allows me to work remote so I do from 6am till 2pm my bill paying job) then hit the gold fields... I can work from home so take my caravan out and park it on the fields and away I go... life's good.

Joe, I LOVE this ATV.... in 2014 the US Govt contracted with Polaris to make a military version of the Sportsman 850 subframe system. They had specific requirements for it and after fullfilling the govt contract, Uncle Sam gave them approval to sell remaining stock to the idiots like me that had more money than brains, didnt mind it waying like 1,500lb and bonded tires requiring a $1,000.00 USD purchase for each tire when they eventually need replacement... but you know what... it's the best money I ever spent... unlike the civilian line, this has dual fuel tanks, upgraded EVERYTHING, and obviously no worries about a flat.

The military version is called the MV850 (military vehicle), the civilian ones they sold in ONLY one year (2014) is called the WV850 (working vehicle)... exact same rig, different paint is all (well the military version has a roll bar near where the windshield should be, to save those soldiers who roll it apparently).

The only drawback is that when in what we call a wash (gravel filled dry river bed), the honeycombs get filled up by rocks and once you get on hard pack, your'e still getting thwapped in the back of the head with pebbles... LOL (actually it's not that bad, the foot wells are wider than stock for the big military booties so that keeps some of it down.

It fits into the back of my Toyota Tundra with a long bed 8'... but just barely...

MV850
https://military.polaris.com/en-us/sportsman-mv-850/

Polaris wil provide ATV All-Terrain Vehicles MV850 to army and Special Forces of Germany
https://www.armyrecognition.com/september_2013_defense_industry_military_news_uk/polaris_wil_provide_atv_all-terrain_vehicles_mv850_to_army_and_special_forces_of_germany_1409131.html

https://gas2.org/2013/09/23/army-now-airless-tires-hit-battlefield-w-video/

WV850

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... 5f9ff911

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Unadju12

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... 20171110

Last edited by jjbond on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Great pics and vids..some nice looking gold too Razz Thanks for sharing your adventures with us T25

That is one beast of a quad bike,would love to get me one of those,but at the price of two GPZ7000's,a bit above my pay grade V18

Cheers...Dave
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Sharkbait wrote:Great pics and vids..some nice looking gold too Razz Thanks for sharing your adventures with us T25

That is one beast of a quad bike,would love to get me one of those,but at the price of two GPZ7000's,a bit above my pay grade V18

Cheers...Dave
Thanks Dave... they're actually surprisingly not that dear... I purchased mine new in Nov. 2017 (it had been sitting in storage since new as a collectors item and never ridden) but you can still find good deals on them due to the age, even down under I bet. They pop up on Craigslist here (at dealers mainly) so I imagine Gumtree there... or any of the specialty bike classifieds.

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... 2019-010

Back to top Go down

Post  avon g Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:03 pm

Nice Jen!

Watch out for every bush/tree/cactus/flower/weed/blade of grass over there. I'm sure you're well aware that absolutely every single living thing has hypodermic needles attached to it in your part of the world, destined to cause you excruciating pain.

But man is it pretty... Gotta love AZ.

avon g
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2012-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:26 pm

Thankyou Jen.
I enjoyed the viewing very much Q38

Thanks for sharing with us all

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:59 am

avon g wrote:Nice Jen!

Watch out for every bush/tree/cactus/flower/weed/blade of grass over there. I'm sure you're well aware that absolutely every single living thing has hypodermic needles attached to it in your part of the world, destined to cause you excruciating pain.

But man is it pretty...  Gotta love AZ.

This coming from someone living in a country where anything with an eye can kill you, WANTS to kill you and those that appear harmless as they tuck in their Joey, in a flash of light make it across the paddock before you’ve even had a chance to say “Hey Skippeeeeeeeee” (your voice trailing off into blood curdling screams) as it balances on its tail like some sadistic magical carnival act and in a flurry of flailing paws and claws your left standing in a pile of strips of your own flesh, skeleton exposed with nothing more to say than “Hey bartender, give me a Bundy and Coke...... and a mop” (think about it, it’ll come to you eventually) Wink

I have snake chaps, when they invent “everything that moves” chaps, let me know.  rabbit

Jen

Last edited by jjbond on Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:01 am

Jen wrote:Thankyou Jen.
I enjoyed the viewing very much Q38

Thanks for sharing with us all

Thank you Jen, great name!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:26 am

bloody impressive to say the least definitely a top set up your running there mate good luck on the gold8)

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:54 pm

T24 Howzat it goin .Crikey I can see ya looooove your toys ,i'm green with envy ,and yeah i'd love a set of those tyres on my quad too , do they stiff'n the ride much ? And what no Dodge or Ram ,Chev or F truck  Shocked   I guess that's what we mostly see outa the states on TV ,every one driving a big pick up Laughing  There's a few Toyota Tundra's floating about down here ,what's yours 6-8 ,diesel or petrol ??
                          Oh yeah , I forgot , the Gold ,lovely eye candy ,much of it looks a bit coarse ,what purity does it have  on average ??
                         Mmmm ,the skipee scenario ,well after much thought ,I concluded that on a visit to Aus , and deciding to take the locals on in a drinking match , you'd maybe had too many Bundy's & Coke and In a drunken state of mind ,or in the horror's ,dreamt the scenario ,and the mop was for cleaning up afterwards ,plus all the prawns you'd chucked on the Barby  lol!
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:35 am

Great post, I don,t know how I missed it. Later is better than never however.

Last edited by geof_junk on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackie Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:13 pm

Congratulations, Jen! I've never even thought to find something there but now I'll try!
Jackie
Jackie
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2019-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  mungass Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Nice nuggies Jennifer Cool
mungass
mungass
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:49 pm

mungass wrote:Nice nuggies Jennifer Cool
Thank you mungass, adorable picture you're using.

Back to top Go down

A little Arizona AU for your viewing pleasure... Empty Kicking our Arses!!

Post  Guest Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:34 pm

I didn't really see an "off topic" area but couldn't help saying how proud I am off all the Aussies kicking our arses in Reno (I watch a lot of Aus TV/Youtube/News).

This is only a couple hours from an area called Rye Patch, Nevada where I detect for a few months each Summer, as a dual Canadian/US citizen, my allegiance is obviously to my commonwealth brothers and sisters... WELL DONE!!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.. Oi Oi Oi !!!!

Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Thanks for the video cheers cheers
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:02 pm

geof_junk wrote:Thanks for the video  cheers cheers

You’re very welcome Geof. Very Happy
Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:48 am

Gday. Makes ya proud,and the speed,is that around 360 miles an hour? . thanks Jen.
Regards
big fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:57 am

big fella wrote:Gday. Makes ya proud,and the speed,is that around 360 miles an hour? . thanks Jen.
Regards
big fella

372.823MPH to be exact and ya, you all should be proud.... just shows how much bigger your  V01  are than the yanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:35 pm

372.823MPH to be exact and ya, you all should be proud.... just shows how much bigger your   bounce  are than the yanks.

Except those Yanks that have a bit of Canadian blood in them.  king king king
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  mungass Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:28 am

yeah sweet , to the tune of Acca Dacca ....well done Jen cheers
mungass
mungass
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down