Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is that gold really your's

+7
Billsymo
jununka
bencld
chopppacalamari
GoldstalkerGPX
Pickman
burnie
11 posters

Go down

Is that gold really your's Empty Is that gold really your's

Post  burnie Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi guys, came across a different kind of theory regarding our yellow affraid
http://bestezines.com/?Your-Gold-is-Not-Really-Yours&id=4451

burnie

burnie
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Is that gold really your's Empty Re: Is that gold really your's

Post  Pickman Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Haha, religious people are crazy.

Pickman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:15 pm

LMAO......Did it come to him in a dream...... or when he hit his head on the coffee table while searching for his crack pipe that he had stashed under the couch. affraid
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chopppacalamari Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:13 pm

It was said in the book of Enoch that a bunch of angels came to earth and took human women for wives. The offspring grew to be giants (real giants) and were 'men of renown' some were made kings and or seen as gods because of their size and abilities which were far greater than mans. Those angels gave man the secrets such as what that article was talking about and many more. I could see an angel being seen as a god all those years ago.

Sure explains the giant human skeletons they find and all that ancient archeology that scientists cant explain.

by the way I'm not a religious nut, I've been doing my own research into UFO's throughout the history of early man. The jews use the book of Enoch and its referenced many times in the bible too. Interesting stuff.
chopppacalamari
chopppacalamari
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:18 pm

From that link, in the second paragraph, second sentence....
"According to this theory, supported by Sumerian, Babylonian and Biblical references, the creation of Man was the work of alien gods."
It doesn't reference the "references".
Gobbledegook.

Pickman wrote: Haha, religious people are crazy.

hey pickman, SOME religious people are crazy..... just as SOME non-religious people are crazy..... Laughing

cheers, Ferris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:02 pm

You gotta wonder. The worst of it is that there no doubt are people who read that and say, wow, so that 's what's going on! Suspect
sparrafart sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  bencld Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:53 am

Nice one Pickman. Crazy is determined from a point of view. People that believe in a sky fairy who created the vastness of the universe just for us, is an all knowing, all seeing being who takes a personal interest in every ones life and will answer the most mundane requests like "please let collingwood\st kilda win the grand final" or "please let me find a big nugget". A being that is supposed to love us so much he had his only son murdered and will then allow the ugliness of war, famine and natural disasters to occur on a monumental scale and not intervene.

Then you have the non religious point of view based on science, reason and evidence. I and every other owner take their detector out each day and find gold with it not because I "religiously believe" it will but I know that based on evidence and science, that's what it will do.

Now which sounds more like the crazy point of view ?
bencld
bencld
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  jununka Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:43 pm

hey burnie,
i got as far as the 6th word then xed out of it...what bullshit....
jununka
jununka
jununka
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:18 am

And to think there are people around who believe that crap makes one shudder to the core
what a whole lot of hog wash, makes me wonder why people publish this sort of bullshit
Hopper30

Back to top Go down

Post  Billsymo Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Thank god I'm agnostic.
Billsymo
Billsymo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Sounds like a few episodes for Stargate.
Back in the 80s a bloke called Erik Van Daniken (spelling?) had similar views in so far as aliens influence over mankind (through religion). I think he make lots of $ from books and then tv documentaries.
While truth can be stranger than fiction I think that this is just rubbish. These aliens would have had many opportunities to put mankind back in its box if they wanted to. lol!
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  goldtimer Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:26 am

Yeah that is some pretty weird (Garbage) stuff right there, but to label everyone who is religious as nuts, and to have a go at people just because they have different beliefs to you is pretty uncalled for I reckon......... Suspect

goldtimer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:28 pm

yep - play the ball not the man.
Beliefs are very personal and people make judgements to take them up for all sorts of reasons like fear, hope, deduction and their life experiences.
I suppose that if you do go for something out of mainstream then you do attract more attention and scrutiny from others. Keeping an open mind on the person while questioning the issue, I think, can bring better understanding for all "sides".
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:30 pm

hmmm - I didn't realise this site was so philisophical!!!
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Show Me The Gold Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:48 pm

People that believe in a sky fairy who created the vastness of the universe just for us, is an all knowing, all seeing being who takes a personal interest in every ones life and will answer the most mundane requests like "please let collingwood\st kilda win the grand final" or "please let me find a big nugget". A being that is supposed to love us so much he had his only son murdered and will then allow the ugliness of war, famine and natural disasters to occur on a monumental scale and not intervene.

Mate i am a Christian and i take offence to that. I understand that, that is your view and belief on the subject but not everyone shares that same view. I'm not going to sit here and Bible bash you mate but pls feel free to pm me if you want to discuss it futher im always up for a good chat. Back to the topic nearly everything that guy wrote in there was utter crap, interesting imagination though. When one looks at what the bible has to say on the subject does God own, well yes but but he gave what is here in this world for us to use and enjoy. Also one last thing God is not a celestial santa clause mate he will provide what we need in his own way (notice i said need and not want) and i know that at the time we cant always see him answering our prayers at the time but when you look back you can see how he has helped you out in time of need. Sorry Begining to Bible Bash there. Ok last thing Where did i leave that pick.
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:09 am

Personally guys each to their own beliefs.Lets all try to keep things in perspective and not lose respect for one another. After all,this is about"Gold,Gemstones & Their properties".As for "Is that gold we find really ours"?,Of course it is,but only until the time comes to part with it.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down