Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

miners moss

2 posters

Go down

miners moss  Empty miners moss

Post  CastleBravo Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 am

hello all i have a keene a52 and wanted to put some miners moss on top of the carpet unfortunately i'm having some issues in fitting the moss into it it seems like the moss may be too thick because it doesn't allow me to latch the riffles down without an absurd amount of force and i figured id try here to get a solution any help would be appreciated

it may not matter but for those curious i got the moss off of amazon from some company named SE

CastleBravo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-01-16

Back to top Go down

miners moss  Empty Re: miners moss

Post  adrian ss Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Why do you need carpet And moss. If you like the moss then take the carpet out.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4356
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  CastleBravo Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:59 pm

i need the carpet underneath because im dealing with super fine gold that can get through the moss and i need the moss for the coarser stuff

CastleBravo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2019-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:03 am

Then you will have to find a way to raise the riffles about 4 or 6mm evenly along the sluice. Should not be all that difficult.
I had similar probs with my old sluice. THe riffle plate rack or whatever you might call it was pivoted on a couple of bolts at the top end and so I elongated the bolt holes which allowed the riffles to be raise evenly along the length of the sluice by about 4mm, just enough to let me screw it down easily.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4356
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down