Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free resource: The Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles Book

4 posters

Go down

Free resource: The Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles Book Empty Free resource: The Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles Book

Post  brianincnb Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:12 pm

hi all,

Well, finally got v4 finished!

First, a big thank-you to all the detectorists, collectors, and the numerous people that have helped me to improve this resource!

Important parts:
- Redefined the book's focus to cricket buckles of the Victorian era.
- For versions 1 to 3 of the book, the title was "Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles", and I had stated that the book will remain with the word "Australian" until some other cricket loving nation surpasses the number of Australian cricket buckle finds. At version 4, the book was renamed "Victorian Era Cricket Buckles", as this is the direction the book has taken.
- Locating a cricket buckle that lists the team members and scores of the 1st official test match in England against the Australia team in 1880 (6.10 & 7.9.13).
- 849 Cricket Buckles, 138 Non-Cricket Buckles (39 Nautical, 49 Sporting, 50 Other)
- 175 unique wording or phrase combinations have been identified on the cricket buckles
- Added the tags "Paint", "Registry-Mark"
- Added a section that mentions the Martin buckles, "2.2 Modern Cricket Buckle Designs"
- Added a section on the parts of a cricket belt, "3 The Cricket Belt and Buckle"
- created a URL short link: https://bit.ly/thebucklebook , which redirects to the books google drive location. The book is now 149M in size, and may not preview on some web browsers, so to view, download it, and open the PDF book locally. From a PC, this is usually done by right clicking on the link, and selecting 'save as'. Might take a few days for the book to properly replicate in the google cloud.Currently link is showing old PDF front cover, I've logged a query on google support on how to fix this.

As always, happy to receive any corrections on any errors you find!

thanks!

Brianincnb

==============================================
OLD: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:12

Hi All,

Some members may have already seen this.

I've  created a cricket buckle book, its a free resource, v3, pdf at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwENP4lMSuvCM2tFQ0RHVWJ1N1U/view  
v3 has 683 unique cricket buckle pictures and 101 non-cricket buckle pictures (v2 had 557 and 79 respectively).

I'll gratefully receive any contributions from anyone  to help build this resource. If you get a chance to have a look, you'll notice that I give full credit to the photo owner.

So, if you have the time, make yourself a brew(coffee/tea), and check it out! I'll get back to working on the v4 draft! Smile

cheers
-Brian
Canberra.

Last edited by brianincnb on Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
brianincnb
brianincnb
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Free resource: The Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles Book Empty Re: Free resource: The Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles Book

Post  Guest Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:08 am

What a fantastic job and source of information. It must have taken years of dedication and devotion to do a book of over 1,200 pages and photo's. Well done Brian and thank you for your great effort mate. Q36
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Free resource: The Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles Book Empty Re: Free resource: The Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles Book

Post  Axtyr Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:13 pm

Brian.

I have sent you a PM. I have an updated photo for the buckle on page 773.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Free resource: The Australian Detectorist Recovered Cricket Buckles Book Empty Cricket Buckles

Post  ttrash Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:19 am

Good on you Axtyr .

An outstanding resource , if anyone has found a cricket Buckle , please contact Brian as it may not be listed & it can be added .
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin R Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Go Brian , your book is worth reading

Marty

Martin R
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  brianincnb Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks Gents! I appreciate any help with building this resource.
brianincnb
brianincnb
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down