Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audio Book Australian Felix

Go down

Audio Book Australian Felix  Empty Audio Book Australian Felix

Post  Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Audio Book, ok why have I posted this. Over the years when out on a long trip, the nights can get long and cold at times. At night there is nothing better than sitting around a warm fire listening to a good yarn. You can see in your minds eye just what they are talking about, you are transported back in time. To a time when the world was a much larger place indeed. Over the years I have gained much enjoyment from such yarns it is now my wish to share them with you please enjoy. To download click the link below.
James 101 ©

Australian Felix

The story of Richard Mahony, a doctor trained in Edinburgh who comes to Ballarat in the gold rush of the 1850s. At first he runs a shop but later he marries and returns to medical practice. His story is interwoven with that of his wife’s brothers and sister. Even after his medical practice becomes successful he is still unhappy living in the colony and decides to return home to Britain. Richard is a restless irritable man whose character is said to be based on the author’s own father. This book is the first of the trilogy ‘The Fortunes of Richard Mahony’, but stands well on its own.

Download at mp 3 at 64 bps

Link
http://librivox.org/australia-felix-by-henry-handel-richardson/

Back to top Go down