Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2001 troopy

3 posters

Go down

2001 troopy Empty 2001 troopy

Post  hoolahoopa Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:18 pm

gday all,
just after some feedback with regards to a 2001 troopy 4.2l deisel i can buy. its done 193000 kms well maintained (used to be my brother in laws work car) no rust and a heap of extras bull bar,spare wheel carrier water tanks etc.
$19000 i can get it for. have looked at redbook.com and seems to be fair price for private sale.
have been told there a pretty bullet proof rig.
what do you guys reckon?

ps its not an old mine vehicle
cheers
hoolahoopa

Last edited by hoolahoopa on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

2001 troopy Empty Re: 2001 troopy

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:52 pm

What did you pick Goldstalker?
You bought something recently didn't you? tell tell !!
cheers, Ferris.

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:16 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:18 pm

cheers for the reply goldstalker, the 4b4 could be a goer. hey you dont live near kal do ya. i spied a 60 seriers out the bush on the weekend she had a ripper bullbar and a single wheel carrier rear bumper on her. it might be coming home soon Wink

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:25 pm

GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hoolahoopa Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:40 am

I reckon Judds has the best pizza in Australia Twisted Evil

hell yer the missus and i love there pizzas, best beer in aus on tap to(littlecreatures pale ale of course) just keep all this to yourself though can ya:P
went and had a good look at the troopy today, made an offer they counter offered at $18000. hopefully this time next week i will be driving my new troopy Very Happy

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:54 pm

Whats a song these days...?! Laughing

I picked up a poor mans nissan patrol today. (no i didnt get a patrol off a poor man- i got a nissan navara! im the poor man Laughing )
A 95 navara single cab ute 4x4 (no wife and kids in this one thanks!!).
180,000 kms, TD27 diesel, 5 speed.... tippper tray to load up paydirt.... just need to find some now! (not working? seized motor maybe- can hear the throw solenoid working but nothing else...)
No rego, (been out 2 months) but no big issues for rego.

I saw it in the trading post a couple of months ago, was advertised for $4000,
i rang and asked what his lowest was... $3500. It was 2 hours drive away so i resisted the urge to look at it then. I rang a few weeks later and he said it wasn't for sale anymore...?

So a couple of days ago, waddyaknow, it was in the trading post again at $2500 ono this time... i scratched me noggin for a sec before i got on the blower.... he was keen to sell.
After asking his lowest price again.... he offered it to me for a grand over the phone "to get rid of it". i said consider it sold!!
its a country car, few bumps etc. no rust.... i hate rust, i prefer to work on the mechanicals.
Its at the mechanics for a rego inspection and a look over!!
I still think at that price, there has to be something wrong with it.... scratch
see what the mechanic says...

cheers, Ferris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Birdman Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:52 pm

I like troopy's as well. I think they are the best prospecting vehicles.

I like the campervan troopies. Having said that i would not buy an off the shelf one.

I would buy a second hand troopy and take it to a local cabinet maker to deck out the inside and get some cheap lino from bunnings. Very Happy
Birdman
Birdman
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:04 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:15 am

Gday

I have had my troopy for more than four years now and have found it the ideal vehicle for me, if I were to ever sell it, it would only be to replace it with a later model troopie, sure its had some issues like all vehicles but for the most part they have been relatively minor or just service items.

The one thing I like about them is they are so basic, so easy to work on, they are basic inside too so if you want to deck it out its easy to find places to anchor things like cupboards without having to remove plastic mouldings etc.

Mine is a long way from original now and when I get the time there are more alterations that I want to do, I managed to score a stainless steel water tank that fits under the back off ebay, cost me less than half the price of a new one, and I couldnt get one here in Perth anyway so I am rather pleased at that, I had a plastic one fitted that I made up brackets for but every now and again it would bottom out (as it hangs a bit low), and bend the brackets, so its been pulled out a few times now for repairs, once the new ones in I shouldnt have that problem any more.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down