Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Newbie

4 posters

Go down

Another Newbie Empty Another Newbie

Post  Colchap Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:26 pm

G’day ya all. Smile
I’ve just joined the forum after a week of reading all your posts. I must say I found them all very interesting.

I’m an old bloke of 59 who lives in Traralgon and am retired and also rather bored. I have always had a hidden interest in gold detecting and prospecting. My Ex wife once taught me how to pan for gold which first sparked my interest, And now I have the time, I’m keen on buying my first detector. And getting out in the Bush again.

I love camping out or drag my caravan somewhere and be more comfortable. So far I think I have decided on buying a GPX-4500. I’m going head up to the miners Den in Mitcham next month for one of their info days...more or less just to confirm my decision and also learn whatever else I can.
If there is anybody from down my way in Gippsland, who wouldn’t mind some company when they go out. Well I’m interested so feel free to give a yell.

Cheers

Colin (Colchap)

Colchap
Colchap
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-04-18

Back to top Go down

Another Newbie Empty Re: Another Newbie

Post  joe82 Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:17 am

welcome mate

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoGeo Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:11 am

Welcome to the forum Col.

The 4500 is a good machine and an excellent choice for your first detector.
There is gold closer than the GT for you to test out your machine on as well. Do a bit of research on the Neerim area to start with. If you haven't already?
Other than this forum for info. Try Geovic for a pretty comprehensive array of mining info and Trove for some excellent historical newspaper articles.

Cheers,
NeoGeo
NeoGeo
NeoGeo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2015-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Colchap Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Thanks for the Info mate
Colchap
Colchap
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52 am

Welcome to the forum Colin

As was said by NeoGeo, get into the "All about detectors section", under GPX 4500 & you'll find plenty of helpful info on detector/coil information there. The rest is research on the areas you intend prospecting in.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down